This thread is dedicated to listing and maybe even discussion of developer semi-confirmed features that Infinity:Battlescape might have.
I’ll start off, please add as much developer discussed/confirmed content as you can find.
- Multiplayer space arena shooter taking place in a whole solar system with POI (free roaming as stretch goal) (INovaeKeith)
- Two teams (INovaeKeith)
- Up to hundreds vs hundreds of players on single server (INovaeFlavien)
- “Five hundred ships with guns ablaze” (INovaeKeith)
- Possible “thousands” of players on a server (INovaeFlavien)
- MMO-like features “sandbox mode, exploration/scouting, semi-persistence, hundreds of players at the same time per server” (INovaeFlavien)
- At least one full scale habitable planet with rings (Video) (Video)
- At least one gas giant (Video)
- Volcanic moon (Video)
- At least one barren moon
- Bases, factories, space stations and ability to buy new ones (INovaeKeith)
- Possible “factories, installations, cities” (INovaeFlavien)
- At least one station, destructible and possibly ~30km in size (INovaeKeith)
- Seamless atmospheric-space and space-atmospheric travel with combat
- Points for killing and possibly healing (INovaeKeith)
- Some sort of semi-persistent resource system (INovaeKeith)
- Rudimentary mining as a stretch goal (INovaeKeith)
- Moddable with virtual marketplace for skins and mods as a stretch goal (INovaeKeith)
- No modding for base game with minimum funding (INovaeGene)
- Offline exploration mode (INovaeKeith)
Design document to be presented prior to Kickstarter(INovaeKeith) (INovaeKeith)
- Possible DLCs to include other systems (INovaeKeith)
- Minimum KS funding goal of $500k, stretch goals to $2.5mil (INovaeKeith)
- Vulkan 3D acceleration as stretch goal (INovaeKeith)
- Server software to be released sometime before Gamma release (INovaeKeith)
- No plans for PvE, story or campaign (maybe as a stretch goal) (INovaeGene)
- No Oculus Rift support (INovaeKeith)
- No real money in-game economy (INovaeKeith)
Inferred features from ICP
- 6DOF freedom of flight with full newtonian physics model.
- At least four strengths of “blaster” weapons.
- At least one type of missile weapon.
- Shields that prevent hull damage until they are depleted.
- Locational component damage with ability to disable individual weapons, thrusters and other components.
- Locational hull damage so that individual parts of ship such as wings can be destroyed (was in ICP but not confirmed for Battlescape)
- Damage decals/skins
- Different ship behavior in atmosphere to space
Specifics (from INovaeFlavien’s blog)
- Boosters, warping, front lights, energy redirection, detection sensors.
- The physics are completely newtonian, ICP-style. (no longer an inferred feature)
- Orbital velocity mechanics are also supported.
- There are also multiple squad “formation” modes supported.
- There’s an experimental atmospheric flight model, which takes into account friction (based on your ship’s shape and size), thrust, lift, stall, gravity, wind and much more.
- Different planets have different atmospheric conditions.
- Rough draft of pledge tiers (INovaeKeith)
- Final draft of KS pledge tiers (INovaeKeith)
- 3 months for Developer Access (INovaeGene) (INovaeKeith)
- 6 additional months to Alpha Access (INovaeGene)
- Cost to make a single ship $10k (INovaeFlavien)
- Modding as stretch goal (INovaeFlavien)
- Took 3 years to prepare for KS (INovaeFlavien)