I-Novae: Engine Screenshot Thread!

Yeah, it’s looking that way :smile:

Dear I-Novae, please. can you give any comment to this concern, expressed in Infinity Thread on Star Citizen forums? I will repost your answer with a link to it, as always. Thank you in advance.

But still no actual news on whether flight into and out planetary atmosphere is going to happen with the base game and its goals. Unless I’ve missed something this is still unknown, right? I want to be wrong…

Can you please copy the content here, for those who don’t want/have an account there ? Thanks !

Hmmm, my previous post contains the blockquote with a text of concern. Can you see it?

Anway, here it is without blockquote: But still no actual news on whether flight into and out planetary atmosphere is going to happen with the base game and its goals. Unless I’ve missed something this is still unknown, right? I want to be wrong…

Yes, I just wanted to have the context of the blockquote.

To answer your question quickly, yes the whole concept of Battlescape is based on a massive seamless solar system. You’ll be able to fly seamlessly from space down to planetary surfaces, on which there will be various objectives like factories, installations, cities etc… that you will have to protect or attack ( depending on your team ). The game is not an MMO but has MMO elements in it ( sandbox mode, exploration/scouting, semi-persistence, hundreds of players at the same time per server, if not more… ). We’ll reveal more ( as well as gameplay videos ) during the KS campaign, so stay tuned, thank you !

4 Likes

Flavien, Thank you very much! If to speak about me, i haven’t any doubts coz this is one of the main features of Novae engine’s, its USP(Unique Selling Point) - but who am i to ‘speculate’ without any factual background?)) Now i will repost it with a direct-link to you post.

Thank you again.

The context is people saying yes it looks cool, but this one guy not sure about whether Battlescape will have seamless atmosphere/space transition.

@Crayfish, myself and someone called Tor Matthews all replied to that thread at the same time to answer the question :smile:
I’ve gone back and edited my post to include Flavien’s above post.

1 Like

Wat. Do you think that I-Novae, despite working on an engine for 10 years, would drop one of the key features of the said engine because of minimum or poor funding? I don’t think so. Since battlescape only features a single system or eventually a few, the only thing really making it stand out is the atmospheric entry and flight.

It’d be a lot easier for them to come and find out if they joined our forums :wink:

1 Like

You don’t even need an account to read this forum like you do to read the RSI forum.

Shh… don’t tell them that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just noticed the Battlescape page has been updated again…

Interesting…

1 Like

Thanks for answering and posting Flavien’s reply.

Seamless atmosphere/space transition was the thing that first drew me to this game years back.

-JonnyƦedHed

Welcome to the forum @JonnyƦedHed !

Looks like his account was deleted? or Discourse is having trouble with the unusual R character?

There are things that just need to be pined.

THAT should be pined. /does happy dance

Hold on to your panties, @Bentware, we have yet to see how’s that included in the KS stretch goals :wink:

I too am pining for the day we play Infinity :love_letter:

1 Like

Aaarghh … I wanted to read up some of that thread but the link isn’t working and I have been trying to find that thread over there for now more then 10 minutes withouh luck. :angry:

The link is working for me, though I have to be signed on to the SC forums first.