Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

Congratulations :smiley: Perhaps we will see some progress on Ja-Min City next? :wink:

I need to find time to play again…

1 Like

I took a train from Pinkerton all the way to Ardinia! :smiley: Great ride!

While doing so I realized I was not part of the Ardinian faction anymore and hence unable to place blocks on my soil :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, and it takes a while too… :smiley: Hm, to Ardinia? What about the other half? From Ardinia to Daisy Meadow?

As to the Ja-Min city: I have plans, but I need to test some stuff first. Soonish…

1 Like

I think I have taken that other route before (?). Not sure if it has been updated since. I’ve also taken the route to the desert.

1 Like

But see, it now continues beyond the desert. :smiley: Doesn’t matter, you’ll get around to seeing it sometime.

2 Likes

Darn this thread makes me wanna play minecraft again. Is the server creative or survival?

1 Like

Creative. Although we had the initial idea that once everything is “ready” we might change it to survival. Seems like we won’t be “ready” any time soon though…

1 Like

Have you guys heard of the Yogscast complete pack, available through ATlauncher? You can go to the Moon and Mars!

That’s my little Moon base.

2 Likes

I really need to do some more to Ceivn, my wooden town on the lake. I have added a couple of little things near the gate and the town hall is fully constructed (pending interior decoration). If anybody wants to make a request of something they would like to see there, let me know! I should warn you though, I’m a slow builder. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Eh, have you seen the speed I build with? :smiley: The only fast one is LucasFIN – once he gets going he’ll build a city over a few nights!

I’ll have to come by some time and take a look, maybe I’ll have a suggestion.

1 Like

Maybe some support structures to the platforms themselves? Unless they are meant to be floating platforms of course. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I was thinking about that. I have alluded to some pillar supports in places, but I find it quite difficult working underwater, so I have mostly been focusing on the visible stuff! The town needs a few more random small houses in a similar style to the ones already there. I like the idea of them all being a bit different from each other and unconventional in design. The rest of the space I will use for special buildings, maybe a library and a watchtower once the town hall is completed. :smile:

1 Like

*sighs*

I really ought to continue working on my project

1 Like

So I’ve taken a look.

Love the idea of a city just floating on the water! Since you’ve already added a small park, why not add some platforms for food? Either agriculture or livestock. Fishing would also be a good addition, maybe even more so. I also very much like the way you light the inside of your large building with glowstone, it looks really nice.

The starting point of your railway is outside of that town where the other tracks are (Southern Rose) – may I move that into the town and add it to the small station? It would make more sense I believe.

Your building of a large bridge for trackage is… interesting. Not how I would have done it, but very different. :smiley:

Since we are four players currently, maybe we should organize a get together sometime in the next month on the server so that we can do something together. Anyone interested on finding a common date and time?

3 Likes

Ah that water looks so good!

1 Like

So glad you took that screenshot instead of me! Those effects… :smiley: Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, some farm and livestock platforms sound like a good idea. I think I might start playing with different levels as well, perhaps creating some taller platforms and raised walkways. I love the stuff the rest of you have done, but I wanted to create something else that feels very different! The raised railway was inspired by roman viaducts (and I couldn’t be bothered to lay it all the way through the forest). :stuck_out_tongue:
And yes, feel free to join up the rail tracks - I couldn’t quite figure out the most effective way of doing it, so I left it alone.

I am definitely up for working on something together. :smile:

2 Likes

Back from vacation yay!

Map is updating right now.

@LucasFin: I’ve invited you back into Ardinia. You can join by the command “/f join Ardinia”. I’ll promote you to leader as soon as I see you back in the faction.

@Xamino: It would be nice if you could take the time and take some screen shots of the monuments around the map and upload them to http://imgur.com/. We could inject them into the map. See: The Marker Tutorial

2 Likes

Sure, I can do that. No promise on the time frame though, I have an exam on Wednesday… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m just going to log which pictures I’ve made here.

Cool stuff:

No more for now. I’ll continue sometime later next week. Do remind me if I forget. :smiley:

4 Likes

Great job! :smiley:

With those effects on you seem to be the best man for the job!

I’ll have to remind myself how the images were added to the signs.

@Lomsor I just joined Ardinia

1 Like