I’ll be glad to help on that one too 
I wouldn’t mind some help, I have been a bit busy with exams recently, but I should be able to get back to the project some time later once my exams are over. 
I had a look round the server earlier (thanks to @LucasFIN for showing me round!) and was extremely impressed with the variety of stuff around this place! I have started construction of a wooden town on a lake that I will try to make to a similar level of quality I have seen from you lot.
See you in there!
@Lomsor is there going to be a version update any time soon?
We got 1.7.2 in January. 
(although there seems to be nothing spectacular in the newer updates atm)
You can expect a server side update soon (not tm). No base game changes though.
Also the blocker for a proper modded client is now out of the way. Smart moving for 1.7.2 has been released some days ago.
So prepare to climb while sounds of frogs and the sea impact your eardrums. … (soonisch)
Ardinia is suddenly full of pigs (like a ton of them) and many paintings have disappeared from the walls inside buildings. 
/killall pig … done ![]()
Man … I just waisted some time. I updated the server to Cauldron (former MCPC+) and didn’t realize, that with that, you need forge installed to join the server. Which goes against the duality system.
So I went back and just updated to the newest Bukkit version so yeah … and also updated the plugins.
![]()
Server updatet to Bukkit 1.7.2-R0.4
Also:
If anybody starts a big project in the nether or end please tell me. Until now I haven’t backed up those realms yet.
There’s a large floating railroad in the air going from Hillstead to the town on lake. Made completely of monster egg tiles
Should we place some pillars there to support it? (for some realism)
Edit: Done with the help of Lomsor.
And Lomsor managed to replace the monster egg tiles with normal cobblestone. We should avoid using the monster egg tiles. They are a bitch if you break even one of them. The hatching will spread…
Oops yeah that was me. I wondered why those little critters kept popping out… 
I have been intending to add pillars, but wanted to get the track laid first! Thought it might be nice having an elevated rail link. Thanks for the editing!!
#Infinite Pack Release!
![]()
The optional clientside modpack has just been updated to 1.0!
Get it NOW and delve into the new experience …
Enhanced sound with MAtmos and PressenceFootsteps
Better navigation with Voxel Map
Recipe lookup and more with Not Enough Items
Finally free movement with Smart Moving
Know what you do with WorldEdit with WorldEditCUI
####Mod list and documentation
Special client side Modpack:
- Download the Feed the Beast Launcher.
- Press “Create Profile” and enter your Minecraft Login.
- Press “Private Packs”.
- Enter “FTBInfinite_Private”
- Scroll all the way down the list of modpacks.
- Select the “Infinite Pack” and launch the game.
Wow! That moving looks awesome. Great job with the video! Gotta love the map.
I’ll have to give this a go soon… once I get time to play again. Hopefully soon 
Forgive my non-tech noobiness, but if this is clientside and optional, how will others see those effects if you have the mod and they don’t?
And to add to the questions: I guess this won’t work with my Forge shader mod? 
The modpack is clientside. There are no further mods on the server. I was hoping to get the Bukkit Plugin for SmartMoving so people could see the movement of other players and crawl into 1x1 holes but the creator (Divisor) discontinued the Bukkit plugin. Now I would need to install Forge on the server which would mean that a vanilla client couldn’t join.
So no, other people will not see you do the special moves. Not in the foreseeable future sadly.
Why shouldn’t it? Just download the modpack. Press Edit Modpack in the Feed The Beast Launcher and open the mod folder from there. There you can add additional mods to the FTB instance of minecraft.
As you can see from HERE forge is allready included in the modpack. So just dump your file into the mods folder or whatever needs to be done for that mod.
I forgot to showcase the additional features of the map a little more.
It includes a mob and player radar. I have disabled the mob radar for convenience.
It also includes a extensive waypoint/bookmark system with visible hologram tubes similar to beacons showing you where something is.
Press M to access the Map menu. B for fast Waypoint.
Check out the Map control and if you master it you can greatly enhance your navigation.
Also note that the modpack uses a test version of MAtmos. Not all enviroments are done yet. So far only the water and forest is done. So sadly no waves on the beach yet … but stay tuned for a future update.
The sound mods really add to the atmosphere. The video really doesn’t do it justice enough.
Going in while the grasshoppers cover me …
Someone asked for my Aireen Server to be reactivated.
Whoever you are … I lifted the suspension of the server and you can access it via this ip: lomsor.com:25566
So I’ve finally got on the server…
But I’ve promptly run off to build a…thing
So I’ve been quietly working away (a little bit) on an island group north of Ardinia. Having seen them on the rendered map, they looked like quite promising natural harbour style islands fairly close to each other, allowing two island settlements connected by an underground, underwater settlement.
The project was only started fairly recently, so I’ll update more as the settlement matures, but I thought I’d give an idea as to what exactly I’m up to! ![]()
So, without further ado…
Welcome to the Two Sisters
Little Sister is currently undeveloped, with a small shack covering the entrance to the underwater tunnel.
It’ll eventually be a small surface town with a merchant harbour
Two Sisters itself is an underwater complex that’ll hopefully grow eventually into a city-size settlement. I’ve not worked much on this yet, as I intend to complete the easier surface settlements first, but I intend for it to have a working rail service to the mainland at some point.
![]()
And you can just make out the dome from above the water’s surface.
![]()
For those that are interested, the way I normally build these underwater domes is by creating a dirt platform on the water’s surface, then progressively lowering the platform whilst maintaining the wall around the perimeter. It’s tedious, but once you’ve connected to the seabed you now have a completely water-free construction zone.
Using this method tends to minimise the creation of any strange currents, and means you don’t have to deal with being swamped with water whilst building the dome. Once you’re done you just have to remove the sea wall and the water will cover it as if the building site was never there.
It’s also probably most helpful in survival modes, where you cannot breathe underwater for sustained periods! ![]()
Oh, and there’s a tunnel at either end of the dome to connect to the surface settlements
![]()
Finally, we have Big Sister. So far this settlement has had the most development, and intended primarily as a small military port and garrison with a keep.
![]()
So far the harbour garrison has been mostly completed, if not the prettiest base I’ve designed. It has a battlements and a small barracks, as well as a harbour control room (basically a room with sight over the central harbour. It has a bridge that connects it to the island that’ll host the main barracks and keep
![]()
![]()
The main island of Big Sister currently has the construction site for the keep, and a “construction office” (more on that in a minute).
The keep is going to be a medium-size multi-storey building, and the largest on the islands.
Inside, the ground floor is nearly complete, serving as both the entrance hall and “throne room” to deal with the limited space available. This’ll serve as the seat of the lord of the islands
![]()
But the throne isn’t the prettiest or that special.
The second floor of the keep will house the state bedroom and personal guards barracks, plus a state and private balcony. I’m currently undecided as to what will go above that, but it may simply be roofs and observation towers.
I mentioned earlier that I have a construction office. A typical feature of my builds is that I’ll build a small base office in a construction site, and it’ll typically be built of dirt. This facility serves both as a basic protective shelter in survival modes, but also a point of reference, and in the case of this build, protection for important structures, such as tunnel entrances. I build these structures out of dirt primarily because I always intend them to be temporary, and that in survival modes they’re significantly easier to tear down. If needed, I also put beds in here, and notices to give pointers to anyone helping out in my build.
Conclusion
So that’s pretty much it for now. The next steps for Big Sister is to create the proper garrison building near the keep, build a lighthouse on the small island behind the keep, finish off the harbour and create a small merchant quarter.
Hope you enjoyed this update ![]()
Finally someone is settling the islands
Looking great. I’ll try to pay a visit soon. Keep it up!
So it has been a while, but I can now successfully state that the rail system extends from Pinkerton all the way to Daisy Meadow.
I put in the work here and there, whenever I had the time. That was a huge project!
May I trouble you for a map update please, @Lomsor?