Update on our post-Kickstarter status

It also doesn’t stick. If I change mine to None or Regular it’s gone … I had to test to see if it would happen. Told Keith about it allready though.

1 Like

I’m a bastard, I know, bump. :cry:

1 Like

lol. Yeah, bit of a bummer but January kind of sucks so this will give it a little something nice to look forward to. :wink:

Waiting is hard. :laughing: I keep refreshing the forum, hoping for a surprise announcement that the prototype is already available to dev backers. One can dream. No pressure. :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t you guys have holidays to prepare?
Well, I’m pretty sure INovae as well. And have to end their current work on top of that.

Let’s not be impatient and give them a break. It will become available when it will be so.

4 Likes

The forums will likely become available in January around the same time as the prototype. We’re doing our best.

15 Likes

If we pledge on indiegogo. And have already done so on Kickstarter will at some point the two money’s be combined as an upgraded pledge if that’s what we wish to happen. .
Or another way of asking, how do we upgrade our existing pledge. ?

Not possible yet. The in-house pledging and upgrading site will come online somewhen in the future, possibly quite soon, as in the next couple of weeks. They themselves are interested for us to give them more money and them not having to pay third parties.

I think if you pledge on both indigogo and Kickstarter it counts as two separate pledge accounts.

Making it possible to combine pledge accounts complicates things and doesn’t really add much value.

If you want to up your pledge wait a little until their in house site gets available.

Thanks lomsor

Couldn’t find a better thread than this, so @inovaekeith, how is the progress going on the forum badges, developer access and the prototype? Could you give us some insight into what you are doing and how far you have come since the KS, maybe even give us some indication of when we’ll be playing the prototype?

1 Like

Progress on the forum badges is moving along however it’s secondary to getting the prototype out by the end of this month. Work on the prototype primarily centers around distribution, patching, server discovery, and server user management. Alongside that I’m working on rebuilding our company website as that will be the portal for filing bug reports and account management. Today is my first day working full-time so we’re just starting to ramp things up post-holidays.

19 Likes

Nice to hear that Keith! Keep it up!

I think you mentioned all that before @INovaeKeith, I was wondering where are you at with all these tasks that need to be completed before the prototype can be released and can you give us a solid “yes” that the prototype will in fact be released in January?

We’re working diligently to release the prototype this month and we’re currently on track to do that. This is why the forums badges and titles have been delayed. Once the prototype is ready for all of you the rest of that stuff will get sorted out since we figure that, more than anything, you guys just want to play the game =).

15 Likes

^^This :smile:

Yeah, I can wait for my forum badge. Flying around in space will be much more fun than a forum badge.

I’ll just have to try my best to do actual testing/bug reporting etc. grinning:

1 Like

How I feel about forum badges:

1 Like

I know how you feel but that’s not the point. A badge is a part of the packages, so whether it’s on the backburner or not, it’s still what people are expecting to eventually have.

It is the point because instead of spending time on superficial fluff, time would be better spent on actual game. And ‘eventually’ doesn’t mean now.

Keith’s point was that the badges may or may not be noticeable before the prototype releases. Your point is that you don’t care about badges. My point is that, although I don’t care either, not everyone will be excited to know that the “superficial fluff” might be delayed. End of story.

1 Like