Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

@Lomsor would it be possible to ban TNT from new comers?

If someone comes to build and participate in the server they can start out easily without TNT (I first started to need TNT on anything only once we started to build ships with cannons). We could then quickly figure out if they should get a “right” to TNT once they have stayed for a while.

This way some random destroyer would probably destroy just a few blocks and get bored and leave. Much easier to fix without the need to reset areas.

1 Like

I was investigating it after the incident but couldn’t find anything as easy as a “switch”. I’ll investigate further.

Edit:
Done.

People need to get the “Default+” or “Trusted” permission group in order to be allowed to place malicious stuff …

3 Likes

you are very enthusiastic idea of ​​the upcoming release of the game:sweat_smile:

1 Like

:cry:

Yay for backups I guess!

1 Like

Did some Sim City style zoning on the center of the Future town (the area with streets currently). Sab1e’s tower is part of the dense commercial center. Will zone lighter areas once we get further away from the center. And eventually, as far away from any residential areas, there will be industrial :smiley:

I had an idea about modular skyscrapers with ready made interiors. Basically there will be many sets with different bases, floor modules and roof modules. Will have to test this thing once I have more time.

3 Likes

Playing with the old ultra hardcore setup. It is still fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

They added some more stuff … something that was quite strange too …
I was testing out that “Death and Rebirth” plugin that allows you to be arround as a ghost and every time you die or get resurrected a lightning bolt hits you for dramatic effect.
Now … after a while there were several zombie pigmen swarming me every time I resurrected.

Turns out the “ExtraHardMode” did add that if a playe gets hit by lightning, pigmen spawn. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah sounds good. I made a “blank canvas” floor to create my tower. Be careful when copying something so large though! :wink:

1 Like

###HARDCORE SURVIVAL :blossom: :exclamation:

Is now available and totally separate from the current world! Seperate gamemode/inventory and location!

When going to the /spawn, To your right you’ll see a small arc on an island. Go trough it.

You are now in the hardcore survival area.
ExtraHardMode adds a new way to play and a lot of challenge!
If you die you become a Ghost!
You can watch the others or “rebirth” yourself by right clicking your thombsign after a while.
If you don’t want to wait, let a friend use a Golden Apple (type “/rebirth PLAYER”) (and some health) near your ghost appearance. This will resurrect you.

You can return to the creative world at any time! Just go to /spawn,/warp or /home.
When returning to the survival world you will be at the same place you left with the same health and inventory!


What we now need is a hub room near the spawn. I would suggest redesigning the spawn a little. I like the high up position and view, but maybe we can put them on a platform even higher up … you know what I’ll get to it right away. :stuck_out_tongue:

We can have a separate spawn for newbies.

5 Likes

Directly within ExtraHardMode and they have to survive for 30 minutes before they may enter the real world? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

YES!
Mwahahahahaaaaevillaughhaaaa

3 Likes

Hmm, I actually liked co-op survival when I used to play in late alpha/early beta. It could be neat because you had functions that needed performing and you could find effective methods to do so. Also; you could show people the stuff you’d built without them trying to blow it up XD

But messing around with creative could be fun as well :stuck_out_tongue: maybe I’ll hop on sometime.

2 Likes

###Map Update. New functionality

  • When Overviewer is rendering the map, it now sends status updates to both the Minecraft server as well as the map view.
  • You can now vote to have Overviewer update the map. The amount of votes needed is decreased the farther the last vote has been in the past. This looks like a little button … but it was a lot of work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right after an update 5 people are needed to update again. After a week a single person can trigger the update. (or rather Internet Device)
Voting isn’t possible when the server is already rendering or when one has already voted,

http://lomsor.com/minecraft/overviewer/C04

2 Likes

I feel the desire to build a dwarven city in this server. Any chance I could get one of you crazies to give me tnt privileges to clear out the lower ground?

2 Likes

You aren’t the first. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t let that demotivate you though! There can always be more connected or unconnected areas. :slightly_smiling:

…

Or are you confessing to have something to do with the destruction of big parts of it … asking for TNT privileges?!? :smiley:

We have far more powerful tools then TNT. WorldEdit. But it’s also really tempting to just create endless flat lines sometimes.

I would suggest starting off building with the terrain, picking a great spot … except you have something special in mind …

I can give you the permissions for the tools when you come online next time. Or do you want me to type in your UUID. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haven’t been on the server. Also Above-ground dwarven city? What are you, an elf? And I’ll take a read of the Worldedit tool and log on eventually or figure out what the heck a UUID is…

1 Like

I actually rather like the idea of spamming the underground with TNT and building in the resulting caverns. Would be much more natural looking than just cutting it out with worldedit.

2 Likes

Oh no my friend! There’s a Moria style under ground area as well. A vast hall with pillars of course!

And Lomsor Excellent to hear about the survival area! Can’t wait to test.

@Lomsor I would also suggest the now empty under water pyramid hall to be the portal room (if it can still be changed). It is also right next to spawn and it fits the purpose well imo.


Edit: giant column of glass spotted:

http://lomsor.com/minecraft/overviewer/C04/#/-396/64/745/-1/0/0

Edit 2:

Lomsor, will the HC world change like it used to be or will it be the same world every time we restart?

Edit 3:

There are some quite futury-looking builds in the medieval section of the map:
http://lomsor.com/minecraft/overviewer/C04/#/-2452/64/-1083/-1/0/0

I suggest copy pasting these to the future area for consistency.

2 Likes

There’s a target prarctice range in there. I was aiming at that relatively flat sand dune right beside the spawn. Got a little caried away with command blocks though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can change the seed if we want to. Me and Xamino allready started a little. And the rebirth mechanic is kinda low punishing at the moment.

I noticed those yes. There’s also some kind of rollercoaster. I was thinking the same.

Sure why not. He’ll get both rights anyway.

1 Like

Oh I totally forgot that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When I try to connect using the modpack, it complains that my client is out of date.

1 Like