Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

Towerrrrrr :smiley:

Just a basic one atm. Still plenty of architectural and internal work to be done. I need to add inter-floor travel of some variety, but if anyone fancies taking a floor and creating something then go ahead! The walls and floors should be thick enough to allow for hiding of mechanisms or other clever things if you want. Plenty of light built into every ceiling to keep monsters out.

4 Likes

Oh god. :grin: I’ll take a look once I have some time, but no promises right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So both @xamino1 and @LucasFIN1 have been butchered by @inovaekeith trying to assign badges? :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve randomly seen that elsewhere on another Discourse forum as well. Who knows what that’s all about.

1 Like

I have no problems referring to them as the fallen ones…

4 Likes

Nah, in my case I tried to change the email address my account was registered to.

:cry:

3 Likes

I guess that was the thing for me too.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If it makes you feel any better I think the issue was resolved…I successfully changed mine last week oh great fallen one…

edit: [quote=ā€œLucasFIN1, post:527, topic:25ā€]

:stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Completely unintended! It even took me a second to get it…

3 Likes

Yeah, the problem is that I can’t log in to my real account because both email addresses now lead to this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Maybe try searching it up on Google. Do a little investigation of your own kind of thing.

1 Like

Me? I would, but it isn’t a Discourse problem really, more a problem with the custom account management INovae wrote to handle the transition from the old forums. Only thing I could still try is deleting this account and check whether I could get into the old one then again, but I’d rather not risk it in case my real account is removed in the process.

I’d hate to derail this thread further, but thanks for the suggestions. I’ll keep waiting for official word from Keith once the dev access is out. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Lomsor Just checked the server. There’s gigantic destruction everywhere. :open_mouth: Gravelton and a long stretch of road leading there from Pond Island is completely annihilated!

Destruction is not visible in the map. So is it relatively recent?

Edit: Xamino’s village is also gone :< Along with Ardinian countryside.

The scale of the destruction is so large and yet so precise that it must have been done with a WE brush tool. I thought only the trusted ones got those?

2 Likes

Have you got any ability to roll back?

1 Like

On the other hand… burning everything and starting again isn’t a terrifically bad idea either…

1 Like

I have backups of all of that stuff and can selectively roll back areas.

It’s a little tricky to use though as I don’t do it that often.

TNT isn’t a nice end …

2 Likes

@Sab1e I just realized your name is SABLE. Not SABIE :smiley:

Nice tower there!

2 Likes

Ok managed to get the restore thingy working! Yay. :smiley:

To restore an area do following:

/snapshot use 2015-02M.zip

Select an area. (I suggest switching to ā€œ//sel extendā€ mode)

//restore

I’ll go around myself this weekend but if you see something and have WorldEdit rights. Please fix it.

If the server is empty don’t be afraid to do a really big area. You will disconnect but it will pull trough, just give it time. I restored the mining town that way. Took 5 minutes. Several tens of millions of blocks.

Entities will be restored. YAY :smiley:


While I was at it I updated the server and plug ins …

4 Likes

I was pretty big on playing survival co-op, any desire to have a survival server as well or am I the only one? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Before settling to this creative world we had several rounds of ultra hardcore survival (one life, after you die you could still watch as a ghost). Was fun but its hard enough to get to play together or have enough players as it is.

2 Likes

I really liked that hard core survival. Would be nice to test it again in the future.

1 Like