Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

I can do a diagonal road. But it shouldn’t be over used since it does not look so good.

Also, due to the nature of the street modules it might be wise to design the streets of the city before we start to lay down some buildings since pasting those modules in the middle of buildings will clip parts out of them.

1 Like

I was thinking about @LucasFIN : talking about street modules. Wasn’t sure if it was merely a hand design proposition or some generated module like the NPC villages that are automaticcaly generated by Minecraft.

I used to make a lot of modding, before CraftBukkit was really a thing and got integrated in Mojang’s studio. Problem is: you have to make the players download your own version of MC (meddling with player hearts and inventory did not allow any plug-in unfortunately ^^).

I remember we had quite a few problems at a time with the map being too big and making occasionally crash the server after some time. The solution was to set a “invisible wall” on a new map that delimited the boundaries. This last one was still very big though.
Oh well, I guess Minecraft have solved since then a few of their memory / optimization problem … I hope :smile:

1 Like

All those street modules are hand made and saved as schematics :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LucasFIN : I tried to replace the signs in Ardinia. Sadly I only managed 20%. Stuff like Region/Kigdom Signs are harder. Could you “replace” them?

1 Like

I will do them once I have time

2 Likes

Agreed. In most cases, I think a road layout will be needed first, as long as we leave a variety of sizes and shapes of gaps for people to build in. The roads can always be edited (carefully) of course!

3 Likes

Difference between a street (with side walks, in cities) and a road (outside cities, without sidewalk).
What do you think?

2 Likes

How does it look with longer dashes in the middle? They seem a bit on the short side for “country” roads. But that might just be Minecraft specific. Otherwise looking really good!

1 Like

Ok now we have the following modules for both streets and roads:

  • Staight
  • Left turn
  • Right turn
  • Left corner
  • Right corner
  • T-junction
  • X-junction
  • Diagonal
  • Left turn to diagonal from straight
  • Right turn to diagonal from straight
  • Left turn to straight from diagonal
  • Right turn to straight from diagonal
  • Diagonal T-junction
  • Diagonal X-junction
  • Straight sloped
  • Straight sloped steep

The difference between left and right modules is in reference to the pasting point. The modules are designed so that you can just roam the countryside and paste modules as you go by always standing in the middle of the road at the end of the last module. So no need to figure out where to position yourself before pasting.

Edit:
Did the sloped roads and streets :slight_smile: The pack is ready!

3 Likes

Cars don’t seem to include water blocks. This is a problem when building a tank :wink: Also some red stone circuits might be excluded as well.

2 Likes

We might want these schematics the guy is providing. Very effective looking turret designs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those guns are pretty nutty! Just trying to understand them bamboozles my brain.

2 Likes

That small one might be good for tanks.

1 Like

Off topic:

Thanks largely to this thread, I have now given 1000 likes.

9000 to go.

:wink:

4 Likes

Is there a maximum of 10 000 likes or is this just your personal Irashian goal? :wink:

2 Likes

So I figured that the prototype road layout may as well be the beginning of our modern city. It’s been extended pretty well by @LucasFIN and does seem to be in a suitable location. As a result, I started off the skeleton for a generic public building (possibly a library). In my head I can already see the city coming to life!

We need a name for the place, and I suggest the city be a collaborative effort, with a mixture of building sizes and types. Hopefully the variety of building styles will be more convincing for a modern metropolis :smile:

3 Likes

Sounds great :slight_smile: Let’s do some rudimentary zoning though. Like where we want the center with high rise buildings and where we want industry etc. And before that we need the roads laid down of course.

I might come and take a peak on that building of yours in a minute.

1 Like

Don’t expect much :stuck_out_tongue: There’s not much of it there yet! But you’ll get the idea.

Side note: I did accidentally clone about 2000 chickens while I was building the general layout. Had to roast them with lava to clear it!

3 Likes

Would that be regular or extra crispy?

1 Like

The modern world strikes hard on this poor little village…

3 Likes