Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

Plugin added.

Check the commands out.

Plugin requests are more then welcome … http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/

2 Likes

Helping @LucasFIN fix some stuff.

4 Likes

It seems you have made an impact. The thread now has a “very high” post to like ratio. Not just high like it used to be. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Only 65 more posts to like. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stats padding. :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m not sure whether to be honored by your commitment to the good cause or to be dishonored by the misuse of the system, but good job. I’m pretty sure that most of my posts in this thread are not like worthy… but thanks anyway.

1 Like

Oh, stop being modest. You guys are awesome. :wink:

1 Like

I have smoothed out the entire border between the new and the old world! I did it by planting forests, filling rivers and moving mountains. Still not perfect but a LOT better than it used to be.

@Lomsor, can we get a map update so I can see the results of the latest work.

Edit: Map is now updated and the border finally looks acceptable! Much of the jagged feel has been erased.

The hardest part was that border between the savannah and jungle due to extreme color and height differences. maybe sand or water should be applied on the corners to smooth it out since those don’t take the color of the biome.

3 Likes

Version 1.8 seems to be out. With some nice additions.

1.) Will it be included in Bukkit any time soon?
2.) Will it cause those nasty border issues once implemented? :smiley:

I’d be thrilled work the whole border again -_-

1 Like

It is now official, I have liked every single last post on this thread (if you see a post that I haven’t like, notify me IMMEDIATELY to remedy the situation). This is by far the most liked thread, and probably will remain that way for a long time.

4 Likes

Nice to hear.

Doesn’t look like 1.8 has changed anything concerning biomes. So the seed should still generate the same terrain and therefore no border. 1.8 – Minecraft Wiki

Also updated the map yesterday but though you would find out by yourself. Took a lot of time. 100’000 Tiles.


What border are you talking about … I don’t see no border … :wink:


@Arkenbrien THIS POST ISN’T LIKED YET!!! (At the time of the edit …) …

Now it is … (at the time of this edit)

May the redness prevail!

The more red the higher the post to like ratio … I guess.

Seriously though. The like system is a great thing and one of the great things that comes with discourse. It takes the hustle hassel out of writing a post to just approve it and when it comes to discussions about gameplay or artstyle that’s a great plus.

4 Likes

I GOT IT! I’M LIKING IT! HERE I GO!

THERE! I LIKED IT!

My work here is done (for now) :wink:

It is red with the power of love.

2 Likes

I was planning on marking that one as a ruin :slight_smile: But I did destroy a couple of the border towns because they looked twisted and deformed.

Edit: did a couple more border fixes.

2 Likes

@Lomsor, I added a lot of new names for areas all around the map. Will be visible in the next map update.

Edit: Signs updated in the map. There are a HUGE number of missing empty spaces. And I thought I was extra careful… Does it register a space at the start of a new line?

Edit2: On closer look almost EVERY one has failed? How is this possible. I double checked that there is an empty space in the end of lines.

Edit3: Does anyone want to volunteer to help fixing all those signs with me? ;D

1 Like

It joins all the strings from each line. It should definetly register a space at the start of a line.

Also don’t forget:

Also it seems like ether the map update hasn’t finished yet or run incorrectly. At the end of every map update it should replace the file that causes the icons to show up in the popup. I can’t check it from work sadly as the SSH port is blocked where I work.

Although the missing space is allways before the last word. Maybe there is some kind of bug in my code that creates that.

1 Like

Ok let’s wait for the map update to finish before doing anything.

1 Like

Yep, map update hasn’t finished yet. There are signs floating in deep space :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The new areas of the map seem to have been generated but the problem with the signs remains. I can accept that I might have made a few mistakes with the end-of-line spaces, but it seems NONE of them have been registered. So there has to be a bug there.

Edit: I edited one sign. It is in this format:

#R#KIN#RD#
The Brotherhood
[space]of NOD

Is this the correct way? Should we test it will update correctly?

1 Like

That wood be correct yes. I just updated all the programms on the server. Just need to install Minecraft 1.8 (NOT UPDATE THE MINECRAFSSERVER) so it can use its texture pack and I will rerun the generator.

1 Like

Just found out that our current SignEdit plugin doesn’t support spaces at the front or end of lines … switching now.


New sign editor:

##Sign Doctor

Check out the commands. Supports spaces: Just put a “_” where a space should be.

3 Likes