Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

Did you re run the map generation yet with the last sign changed?

1 Like

Yes. I also edited a sign myself. ā€œThe ruins of Mehā€. And the last line did not have a space in front of it. So sadly you probably have ether misinterpreted something or used the old sign change plugin that didn’t support spaces.
I’ll help change the signs this evening.

1 Like

No I changed it by completely destroying the sign and replacing it with a new one.

By the way. That particular sign required the space to be on the start of the next line since ā€œThe Brotherhoodā€ takes exactly a whole line.

1 Like

I was talking about the first time you wrote them. The Brotherhood of Nod was fixed after you edited it. So there had to be something wrong with the sign.

1 Like

All of those new signs were placed in a conventional way and named with the format I specified in that previous post.

1 Like

This is what I found.

Maybe the older Signedit Plugin interfered with the spaces and removed them even when entering sign text traditionally.

2 Likes

That sounds like a logical explanation. Although it means we have to change them all manually…

1 Like

I propose changing the texturepack of the overviewer map from the default to my favourite: Jolicraft

Its colour palette is a lot warmer. The water is more transparent and overall the map looks more lively.

You can explore a test render here: http://lomsor.com/minecraft/overviewer/Test

2 Likes

Although I like the color of some tiles I think the texture looks too busy, :confused: A good way to see this effect is to zoom close to wooden roof tops. And some tiles don’t look like the material they are supposed to represent IMO. Like wool and cobble for example.

1 Like

It’s indeed stylized. Maybe propose some other Pack? I’d like to try some and compare them. I just find the default pack faar to cold in general and Like the colors a lot better in jollycraft.

I personally like the more blocky wool pattern. It represents more cloth then wool.

I don’t agree on the busyness though. For me it’s a lot more cleaner.

There’s a customization option … can you list all the blocks you don’t agree with?

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind finding some warmer pack. Just the design of this particular one isn’t to my liking.
I think the worst ones are wool (totally destroys flags for example), cobble (looks like a chess board), wood (looks like it’s made of tiles and is too busy looking) and spruce leaves (looks like cactus or moss… or dunno). The more transparent water makes the shallow water look a bit messy. (edit: and gravel color is pretty intense…)

What I do like is the way wheat fields pop out though… or at least their color when compared to the default lime green.

1 Like

Well I tried some other texture packs. None of them really any better. You can take a look though:
####C04 - Default
####TestJol - Jolicraft
####TestSum - Summerfields
####TestOzo - OzoCraft
####TestGMC - Good Morning Craft

Most what I found were to bad quality. One option would be to combine one with another but I’ll look into that later. Back on monday.

2 Likes

Out of those I think I like the OzoCraft pack most. Although it’s the coldest one…

2 Likes

I think I actually prefer the Summerfields – Ozocraft is so dark IMO. I am not very attached to any choice though, I’ll manage with whatever you guys choose. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m agreed with Ozo, it’s a shame it looks so damn dark though

1 Like

All signs are now fixed.

3 Likes

Aren’t the terrain texture tiles all in a single large texture sheet? I could Photoshop the colors of the default pack for the purpose of the map to make it warmer :wink:

1 Like

The way texture packs work has changed with the introduction of resource packs. Now every block is a single file inside a zip.

I’ll try combining Summer and Ozo (Both being 32pixel packs) into one. Replacing the blocks you guys don’t like with Ozo blocks and then running another test. If it looks wonky you can pass over it again, Lucas.

4 Likes

@Lomsor, is a quick signs update possible to reveal any possible remaining errors in the new signs?

Edit: Thanks! It seems I forgot at least one sign.

1 Like

Ok I combined Joli and Ozo as I felt the terrain looked better in Joli.

Here’s the Result TestJoliOzo

I really don’t know how to feel about this. Obviously we have differen’t opinions how it should look.

The problem I see is that in every pack there’s something that looks Really bad from above and mashing them together won’t really work because of the different styles. Summer and Joli are closely related so that might work but Ozo is a pack that more goes into the realistic realm. Maybe by making Ozo Lighter it might work but I don’t see it.

If Lucas or anyone else wants to try their hands on it or if someone finds another good texture pack just send it to me and I’ll make a test render of it.
Combining packs is really easy. And the JoliOzo experiment is not that bad just not good enough in my opinion.

3 Likes