(Unofficial) Headquarters of Infinity:Battlescape Communications - Volunteers needed!

Woke up this morning and saw that my suggestion in Cinemassacre’s subreddit is still on the top \o/

Great work everyone!

This is a monthly suggestion, so I would suppose they will notice it at some point before the end of the month if it stays up there (it’s on top of 45 other suggestions!). Let’s try to keep it there until the end of this month. And please make some comments on it with additional links and useful information (so it’s not a one man’s show).

2 Likes

I upvoted on reddit :smile:

2 Likes

Sent a tweet to another famous italian youtuber (Yotobi), hope he answers…

2 Likes

All of these have probably already been contacted but I’ve added my voice and emailed gametrailers, gamesradar, Rock Paper Shotgun, IGN, eurogamer, destructoid, gamespot, giantbomb and the escapist.

The more people that send in tips to these guys the more likely they are to take a look.

6 Likes

I contacted PC Gamer. Fingers crossed.

6 Likes

SITREP: So after yesterday evening when I made that thread on the Finnish computer hardware forums, there has been 283 views and a couple of comments, mostly negative ones. In summary:

  • Took too long; don’t care
  • There’s already other space games on the market
  • Missed the boat

However, knowing how us Finns are, we like to whine more than to give praise, so I imagine there is a fair amount of pledges among those views.

2 Likes

That’s just people. Basically, if they have something nice to say, they won’t bother. If they have something bad to say, they’ll go out of their way to say it twice.

9 Likes

That is unfortunately true.

1 Like

You know it’s good because I’m not complaining.

@kamui I just read your article on developpez.com which is nice. As the website is very developpers oriented I’d suggest to talk a little bit about the Modding stretch goal to say that I-Novae really want to give the possibility to mod the game as much as possible, and that with this kind of engine, the most unbelievable is possible :smile:

In fact what you read is just a news I’ll probably make an article if I find time and it will be more developper-oriented (and bigger)

You should tell them they should support their countrymen. Our video was recorded in Helsinki by a Finnish producer. Our music and sound effects were composed by a Finnish composer. One of our programmers and one of our artists are also Finnish!

9 Likes

I :heart: this post.

Infinity: Battlescape - Made in Finland

:stuck_out_tongue:

How could i forget !
Angry Joe is space nut as well!
And can be very persuasive.
Posted a thread on his site


now just to bump his twitter.
EDIT done my first tweet :slight_smile:
https://twitter.com/DirkLarien/status/658548626914963456
EDIT 2
sent a tweet to Fusebox god Spoony as well

4 Likes

Sent a note to Sips, though he’s not a big space buff.

1 Like

I’ll do that :wink:

Infinity in the top of developpez.com (ok it’s not reddit, but still :smile:)

the “news” is there (only if you read french ;))

2 Likes

NerdCubed is a big youtuber who should be into Infinity, based on what I know of his tastes: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialNerdCubed

I’ve submitted a post in his monthly request thread on reddit, but it might not get much attention: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309114309/infinity-battlescape

I also tweeted him, but no idea if he’s even awake right now: https://twitter.com/Excrubulent/status/658586430768218112

Oh, this also my first post here since the Kickstarter started. Yay, it’s happening, super pumped, rah, rah, rah, yadda, yadda, yadda, gotta go.

6 Likes

Cool. Don’t link to your reddit post directly. Reddit does have an algorithm that degrades up-votes that come from a direct link. Just link to the request megathread. Quick Cntrl-F found it instantly