(Unofficial) Headquarters of Infinity:Battlescape Communications - Volunteers needed!

Last I checked there is nothing on either Ars Technica (less likely to happen IMO) or its gaming subforum (much more likely).

Link for the lazy: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3qzp82/this_game_looks_amazing_infinity_battlescape/

1 Like

Upvote from directlink doesn’t work AFAIK.

1 Like

Really? I thought as I posted that maybe that search method was used to circumvent some spam prevention measures, but I didn’t think they’d really be that significant.

Multiple upvotes from the same direct link won’t work because they check where you came from when you vote to prevent vote brigading.

1 Like

Anyone know if using something like http://nullreferrer.com/ avoids the issue?

I’m not sure. I’ve heard of people getting around the anti-brigading stuff and your link may have been how they did it, but I’ve never looked into it myself.

A quick summary of Saturdays AMA if anyone wants to use bits of it.

Make sure they know the last three images aren’t concept artwork!

Posted a topic on Gearbox forums http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/see-that-planet-over-there-you-can-go-there-and-shoot-at-the-devs-infinity-battlescape/1012622 I’ve been hanging in there for Homeworld 2 stuff so we’ll see how it goes.

Also check reddit r/gaming I have a post finally visible on r/new
It’s obvious and you can’t miss it. name: “Videogames are getting downright inspiring these days. All of those planets are worlds that you can actually visit…”

yes thanks, I’ve corrected that.

2 Likes

Bah, I’m trying to repost this in the correct thread and the forums are saying “body too similar blah blah”. Hopefully this helps.

Has anyone seen this video before?

It’s a Gamespot review hosted by @camfrazrob - I wonder if we could get his attention with a twitter thunderclap and ask him if he’s seen the I:B demos, specifically focusing on “how it works” a la the aforementioned video?

1 Like

Just tell people/us how to find it from the main reddit page or some other random subreddit. Sheesh… First world problems yes? :yum:

[quote=“TheCoach, post:214, topic:1139, full:true”]
Posted a topic on Gearbox forums http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/see-that-planet-over-there-you-can-go-there-and-shoot-at-the-devs-infinity-battlescape/1012622 I’ve been hanging in there for Homeworld 2 stuff so we’ll see how it goes.
[/quote]Relicnewsforums, although they’ve been moribund for a while now (though will pick up again with Shipbreakers), might be a good place too. It’s where many Homeworld fans have been hanging out for years.

Jumping the gun here - I tagged Cam Robinson in a tweet and he favorited it!

He works for Gamespot, so this could be the beginning of a big break, but we gotta play it cool!

11 Likes

Looks very promising :smiley:

Sweet! I like the idea of doing a Thunderclap. Started a thread on it last weekend, but it died. It seems to work for Battletech KS: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/33694-battletech-ks-final-hours.

All we need is 100 ppl to support the cause and we can blast a message! @INovaeKeith, any rules or can anyone set up a Thunderclap for I:B? Happy to get this going😄 !

I think we should save that for the final 48 hours of the campaign.

I don’t see why we can’t do one now and then one in 15 days?

@hrobertson & @Lomsor we could run 2 campaigns, however keep the following in mind (assuming we’re using a free account)

  • Campaign approval takes 3 days
  • We need to reach our minimum level of support (=100 supporters), else the message doesn’t get send out.
  • @INovaeKeith & team will need some time creating a campaign page, or we need to crowdsource it (which will also take some time)

I think it’d be best to run a single campaign, and use 2 weeks to get those 3,157 backers (and counting :grin:) to participate. We can then blast the message 3 days before D-Day. Theme could be “3 Days To Infinity”

3 Likes