(Unofficial) Headquarters of Infinity:Battlescape Communications - Volunteers needed!

Although Im loving the new videos of youtubers playing with the prototype…these channels have about 18 subscribers…when infinity said they were contacting small specialist channels…I was thinking more in the region of 10k-100K subscribers! DOH :stuck_out_tongue:
Well subscribed channels are what helps massively when theres only 3 weeks to go…the other videos while great and needed…are slow burners - for a longer campaign

2 Likes

I don’t think we gave access to any streamer that have less than 1K subs ( so potentially more viewers, since most viewers are not subbed ) and usually they’re specialized in space games or sims. Keep in mind some streamers stream on multiple media, like I’ve seen many of them stream on twitch with thousands of subs, and uploading vods on youtube with only a few hundreds subs, or vice-versa. Every little bit helps.

3 Likes

now that i think about it…
I didnt ask
Are you guys even ok with us just poking people here and there to test I:B ?
We don’t even know if it is possible :slight_smile:
oops :smiley:

Great that makes me feel more at ease.

Im just starting to promote your kickstater link across the internet.

One comment sticks in my mind

“I check infinity’s progress every few months and didn’t know about the kickstarter until I randomly saw it on Reddit!”

This comment makes me think there are many older potential pledgers out there yet to be contacted

Im going through older infinity videos replying to old comments to make them aware of the kickstarter

Hope it will help a little!

1 Like

Tweeted at Introversion Software (Uplink, Prison Architect) and Beatnik (Plain Sight) trying to go with the indie studio vibe.


‌

4 Likes

Well, they were emailed! The thing is, a lot of those old email addresses are likely either closed down or not used anymore. There isn’t a solution to such a problem. If those people are still interested, they will come back on their own free will.

I’ve been following this game for 9 years and only just joined the forum…you never had my email…us lurkers are many I fear! But its been so long that we’ve forgotten bout the game…I only found out by a random thought :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Has anyone made a post on hacker news? I would do it myself, but I’m not familiar enough with the site to feel comfortable making a post. I think we could get a good number of backers there if we got a good post like the reddit one going. (Not sure if the boner title would be as appreciated there though).

Edit: words are hard sometimes.

messaged https://www.youtube.com/user/phreakindee about the ks and the game. He’s a cool guy and I hope he chooses to review battlescape.

1 Like

Did you send the contact email address?

Yup.
ITSAYSINEEDMORECHARACTERS

2 Likes

more potential YouTube targets

NerdCubed He loves space games
AngryJoe Would love a game where he could play massive battles with his angry army

1 Like

huh? Nerdcubed likes space games? I can only remember him liking ftl as the one space game he played… Man I’ve been out of touch with his stuff -_-
Regarding angryjoe, I think we have mailed him already (although I am not sure). What we have done however, is starting a thread on his kickstarter (2 actually, but one was slightly misplaced) which has gotten at least some views.

I really hope there are some high publicity targets in the propaganda pipeline - Scott has had a measureable positive impact on pledges, but not as high as the reddit peak. And the bottomline trickle coming in from the various smaller youtube channels and articles and so on is clearly too low: Without some significant peaks every 3-4 days things are getting quite tough. The reddit AMA might help hopefully, but with 3 weeks remaining, i am a bit worried that there may not be enough high value/publicity targets to cause pledge and backer peaks in short enough intervals.

Question: Could The Mittani or someone else from the EVE community with a larger following be someone to approach? Battlescape is much less of a direct competition for EVE than TQFE would have been, so maybe some people could be interested?

there is already


+
our attempt on twitter at him noticing IB
https://twitter.com/DirkLarien/status/658797126873456640

If you know someone who would point him towards this project please try it …
What some of us tried was not successful so far.
He might found out but i am afraid it will be after the fact… :-/

I feel like there are a LOT of people now who know about Battlescape (and there will be many more by the end) who just need something to push them to actually pledge, or push people who have pledged to pledge higher. We need something to stir the imagination, something that people can’t help but get excited about and it needs to come from the devs. The AMA could do it for sure (with the right questions and answers), but something in a video or article/blog post about what the devs are excited about would be great.

@kamui happy to help out :blush:. I’m Dutch, so I can spread the news with Dutch game blogs. Is there any type of press release I can translate? Also, any rules or so? Since I’m not officially affiliated with I-Novae…

Search for

This game looks amazing (Infinity Battlescape, Kickstarter)

on
www.reddit.com/r/gaming
and upvote please.

2 Likes

Done :smile: 10charsgjdrybb

You should still put (Infinity: Battlescape) in the Youtube title.