Has the BBC presenter and tech journalist Kate Russell tweeted back at anyone yet. Have the dev’s reached out to her yet? she loves Elite Dangerous and has a massive following of space game fans.
And, maybe Wingman (Eric Peterson) and some of his fellow ‘Decent Underground’ dev team could get into the prototype for a live stream ? that would be good PR. And he said he would do something. What though, I have no idea.
But to maybe suggest this. Give his dev team a day or two to get used to the prototype and then have a dev team vs dev team live stream.
In fact, why not try for other dev team vs dev team live streams ? games in current development.
I wonder what this guy would do with the prototype. That’s assuming he finds glitches and other shenanigans of course, but I would be surprised otherwise.
He may not have time to put a video even if he wanted, though…
Figures. The BBC have the strictest impartiality and anti-promotional rules in the world thanks to how their funding works. Public interest, or the potential for it, needs to be higher than a lot of commercial organisations.
You’ll only get a mention there if you’re getting well known everywhere else or if you’re doing something that’s provably never been seen before.
The fact the original Elite’s platform of choice was the BBC Micro kinda helped with the E:D stories too.
Sent a mail to Laststandgamers (youtube channel with ~300k subscribers) to see if he’s were interested in doing a review or a playtest (told him to contact inovae if he’s interested), he mostly do space engineer videos but he does have star citizen videos and some other stuff as well. Thought it wouldn’t hurt asking him anyway.
I’ve also sent inquires their way, will be sending a followup in the next couple days. As we get more of an audience online we’re getting more replies.
Someone needs to address the Neogaf community about this project. Its pretty much one of the biggest and welcoming gaming communities out there and it definitely will give Infinity a boost in popularity as well as the much needed backers.
They also have big threads dedicated to both ELITE, SC and No mans sky so they do like the space genre
The only reason i haven’t done it is because i don’t feel comfortable with my English so please someone has to do this. I really want this project to succeed.
Doing the best I can but I’m not too good with words. So any Citizens and Commanders, do please come and offer some good answers to the questions if you have time. Ta.
I’ll post all the pretty visuals but need a little help with the harder questions.