Thanks,
The dev’s might also want to offer her access to the prototype.
Thanks,
The dev’s might also want to offer her access to the prototype.
I tweeted her already with scotts video and mentioned that it was originally inspired by the old elite games. But yeah more tweets will help.
CHECK OUT “RISING” ON R/GAMING Peopel posted 2 new threads, go signalboost them!
Someone posted this on the SC forums,
I wasn’t all that impressed by this. Yes the transition from space to
ground was seamless, but it also lacked clouds. It didn’t feel like
there was any difference between flying in space and flying in
atmosphere. In fact the planet didn’t appear to have an atmosphere at
all. Come back in a few years when they have something more to show, but
for right now I’ll pass.
And it got me thinking. Do the dev’s have any concept art showing more detail in the cloud layers of planets and gas giants. And the types of effects that will be seen when transitioning atmospheres.
There are screenshots of experimental clouds, but they aren’t volumetric. That guy seems like a lost cause(in the form of a backer) but I would make the argument that this is a pre-pre-alpha prototype. If he expected it to be as polished as even a game in release(or beta, or even alpha) he is misunderstanding the term prototype. If he doesn’t want to invest in a prototype that’s totally okay and he’s decision, but judging a prototype on it’s lack of features is a incredibly shortsighted move.
One I think people have been conditioned to make. It’s the age of the public alpha. People are so used to games being released at a state roughly analogous to IB’s prototype, or just a little better, that when something like IB comes along it throws them for a loop.
IB is almost in the uncanny valley in a way. It looks too polished to be a prototype, but it’s still incredibly unfinished. And since people people are so used to words like ‘alpha’ and ‘prototype’ being thrown around as shields, they’re going to be conditioned to judge IB based on that past experience.
Or maybe I’m just rambling.
I gave a general reply to the thread not the person. Giving a two years down the road idea of what I think the game might develop into.
Rambling definitely but I think it’s the right line of rambling. 
You’re right. People are used to pledging/buying/supporting unfinished games in their alpha/beta stages and the prototype looks like that stage just because it looks so damn good.
I feel the game needs a little talking up here and there. I would of liked to have posted more concept art for entering and exiting atmospheres, dog fighting as that happens. Etc. This sort of artwork would be a good visual talking point over on ED and Sc forums.
Nice that you summarized what we got out of the ama on the SC forums (even if it was closed down: P)
Ta, but If anyone wants to edit any errors or such out please do.
So I guess that Chris Roberts post aint gonna happen I guess, there’s been complete silence from those guys for quite a while now. Maybe someone that is good with words should do a simple nudge/reminder to SC people about that.
After AMA fell trough we really really need this.
I’ve already PM’ed Dave Haddock.
And Wingman (ex CIG) has already asked for the dev’s to reach out to him via his decent ks page. Not sure what support he can give, but he said he would be able to do something once he speaks to the devs.
@INovaeFlavien Be sure to hit up Wingman, you need all the help and he’ll give you that help, he said so himself so don’t miss it!
I started a thread on the Linus tech tips forums in PC gaming:
Maybe also someone could start on here:
and here:
And I’m guessing a lot of other forums as well. If we all put a thread on our own favourite forums, that would drive extra KS page hits and x% of hits=pledges
We should go trough our Steam friends and tell them about Battlescape, show them the imgur gallery or other cool videos. Some probably have already done that but I didn’t yet for instance.
Know of any more Steam related possibilities? Post in the forum? In groups? In the general “Community” tab?
I only just now thought about posting over there, and found your thread.
Honestly, with all due respect for your enthusiasm, I think that post might be a bit too much. It’s a thread for provoking discussion, not just a clone of the Kickstarter page with walls of text and images. Most might find that intimidating and won’t want to leave comments that would keep the thread afloat.
But if I may suggest just one thing, change the thread title to simply be “Infinity: Battlescape”. Having the two titles in there might confuse people, and just for the sake of consistency and looking correct, add the space after the colon.
Driving hits to the KS page is the goal, which I am managing to to do quite well throughout the night UK and US time.
Here’s a catch phrase you can use.
Discover Infinity: Battlescape for yourself - The engine is pure digital art!
or
Discover Infinity: Battlescape for yourself - The I-Novae: Engine is pure digital art!