I can’t recall but will the devs allow us to purchase multiple pledge tiers during the KS? to gift to friends?
if yes, could someone link the reply / mechanic / plan to do so? thanks.
I can’t recall but will the devs allow us to purchase multiple pledge tiers during the KS? to gift to friends?
if yes, could someone link the reply / mechanic / plan to do so? thanks.
We’re aware and as @INovaeFlavien mentioned we already support Occulus. The problem isn’t supporting VR, it’s building an entirely new UI for it. If it becomes evident we have a huge number of fans with VR headsets then we’ll absolutely take that into consideration as we move forward.
Kickstarter does not allow gifting pledges as far as I’m aware though it’s something we could add support for through our website after the campaign finishes.
But I can get one for me and give two others to two others correct? You confused me. 
You might have to create multiple accounts with Kickstarter to “gift” a pledge.
[ I OWN AN OCULUS RIFT AND I VOTE ]
Good luck guys
If we create a separate KS account for someone else, can the email address of that account be changed after the campaign? I know it can be done in KS, but I assume you will get a dump of email addresses and their pledge levels after the KS which you will then use to give people access to stuff?
Eg I want to pledge for someone else who can’t, but I don’t want to use their email address because then they can just use the forgotten password feature and increase the pledge amount using my card
Not that I think they would do that… Just working out the best way to do it.
So just make a new gmail adress and kickstarter account for every pledge level you want to buy?
That or maybe use your friend’s account and a prepaid card. Unless you want it to be a surprise, in which case create an account, use a prepaid card and then gift said account to your friend.
For a site that relies so heavily on social media, I’m a bit surprised Kickstarter does not support this kind of sharing/gift-giving mechanism.
I honestly don’t know, I’ve never tried to make multiple accounts.
The KS video was truly great! The music is awesome! Applaud!
If you update the KS campaign with some VR related news, even if its
just your thoughts on the issues/problems/dev priorities
litterary 1000s of DK2 owners would jump on this!
Basic Oculus support dont have to be more than a VR camera, a body and put the UI
elements on some rendertextures on in-cockpit screens. The cockpit already looks stunning!
So please, I beg you! Make it happen! 
I know you are a small team and you have to make really hard priorities, but dont let this slip!
A few of my colleagues have said they want to pledge more than $75 but less than $250, but the $100 and $150 tiers are just decals and skins which they don’t want.
I’ll ask what they’d like in the gap.
Is there an asteroid belt in the solar system? How about the right to name some of the larger asteroids in it?
Good idea, I’ll poke the rest of the dev team about this.
How about naming something Moon like after the late great Sir Patrick Moore (BBC SKy at Night).
And something Alien, for Carl Sagan.
IMO it should have been racing stripes decals at $75, Alpha at $100, skins at $125 and name an asteroid at $150.
The point is to provide an incentive for people to pledge more - ie letting the backer name the object.
The devs naming stuff after people doesn’t achieve this.
The video in the Kickstarter is horribly low-res (when made full screen). I think you’re going to fail to grab a lot of people, due to that. The HD video download looks great, but s it’s hidden all the way down the bottom of your pitch, and (b) even if it was stuck at the top[/s] you’re still going to loose a lot of people (due to not being click to play).
I’m also not a great fan of the use of GIFs for all those short clips, as you get a lot of banding in some of them (due to 256 colour limit), making them look pretty bad. With HTML5 video being a thing these days, I’d have thought it wouldn’t be hard to use those for those who’s browsers support it (i.e. most people).
P.S. If it makes any difference, I’m using Firefox here.
That’s just KS for you. They downsample the video that you upload.
The download is at the top for me.
Fair point though.
Can’t they embed a YouTube video? (Pretty sure they can.)
edit: Apparently they canNOT 
I didn’t notice how low-res it was until I watched the HD youtube version. It looks 100 timers better…
This would be a really good idea if it’s possible…
Ah yes, I see your point.