Thoughts for the Kickstarter campaign

Thank you.

I hope they have contacted Scot Manley, a good reaction from him could really help towards a successful KS campaign.

Jepp, I would rather edit an xml file, than wait additional time for a menu. Everybody has a text-editor, so it shouldn’t be hard for anyone.

1 Like

Scott Manley is mourning his father, might need some time to recoup.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Although he appeared upbeat when he recorded that CIG video the other day.

Depends how the XML is serialized and what values are taken into account. As long as there’s a “how to”, I’m fine with it, but this is an easy task so it shouldn’t take long anyway.

I agree. We don’t need a menu screen that will be scrapped anyway later on. Give us a console and a xml.

2 Likes

an advice: add the support for oculus rift, its not that difficult and it will give you a lot of new bakers; in these days OR users buy everything that support it and they are a lot.
don’t underestimate the power of VR

We will be hosting a server and we already have a launcher that allows you to start the game and connect to it. We won’t be making the server software available for self hosting until the game is almost finished.

3 Likes

I’d go with the HTC Re-Vive. I don’t like facebook rift.

3 Likes

22 short hours till the kickstarter! :smiley:

1 Like

you will regret

[quote]you will regret
[/quote]
No I won’t. I think what Oculus or specifically what Palmer Luckey did was unethical.

1 Like

Oh yes it is. Especially for a completely new, never before seen, self written engine such as for Infinity. It kills performance, requires tons of extra work, and all that for a product that still isn’t available for the general consumer. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I agree. Maybe they can add VR Support as an stretch goal when the 10m mark is crossed, until then better focus on making the game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve added support to rendering for the Occulus Right a long time ago. That was the easy part. But yup, the hard part is maintening a high framerate. It’s particularly hard with a high-tech engine such as ours, where we already stress the CPU/GPU with procedural rendering. Another problem is the user interface. E:D did a fantastic job to make their cockpits entirely functional with VR, but it must have cost them a lot of development time ( and money ) which we most likely won’t have.

3 Likes

no it isn’t

1 Like

why?
without the facebook funding the risk of a VR failure was great.
Now we can see it happen

read the post above you :wink:

1 Like

trust me at first it’s best a bad implementation than nothing. OR owners buy anything OR supported and in the first time what you need is money.
OR ownres bought a lot of rubbish, bad optimized, with a lot of problems only to experinece VR. Me too.

1 Like

if they don’t reach the funding goal, there will be no game at all.