Thoughts for the Kickstarter campaign

It does matter. @dekaku rightly said not everyone likes the concept of credit cards. Debit cards are different- no one has any objections to debit cards, it’s just a question of whether you have one or not (and they’re easy to get). Unless of course you don’t use banks, in which case you probably don’t have Internet access.

Debit is different by the means of actually having the cash on hand. What @Sean was saying is that he has neither-nor, thus wondering about an optional way of supporting the Kickstarter.

@Sean can I ask why you don’t want or can’t get a debit card?

Kickstarter’s validation process seems to be long… when the video is accepted, the campain is launched ?

Ask your mom? Dude, i’m 30, I moved out 6 years ago.

I live in the Netherlands, we just don’t pay stuff with creditcards on an everyday basis.

1 Like

Thanks Keith!

The higher price is no problem, if i’m able to get alpha later i’m happy anyway!

My bank offers the possibility to get a creditcard.

However, I live in the Netherlands, and we don’t use creditcards as often on a daily basis.
So my bank charges me for the use of one.

So i’m not bothering getting one, since Keith replied that i can get an alpha package afterwards as well , for a higher price though.

[quote=“Sean, post:67, topic:1079”]
So i’m not bothering getting one, since Keith replied that i can get an alpha package afterwards as well , for a higher price though.[/quote]

Well, that’s assuming the KS campaign is a success. Because if it’s not…

That’s why helping to support the KS campaign is the most important thing to do.

3 Likes

You guys are gonna make him get a credit card and bow to capitalism…

He can go for a cheque card since it’s treated the same as a credit card by merchants, while a debit card is not accepted everywhere, also the bank fees on cheque cards are lower than credit cards, mostly due to ability not to have any overdraft.

Credit cards are just another form of payment, I don’t see the ideological problem here. :wink:
There surely must be at least one bank in the netherlands that offers a free account with free creditcard…

For sure, but I understand people who doesn’t have a credit card, like in the country I live : it’s really not widespread. I will have to look for someone who can back for me and accept that I pay him with Paypal (anybody ?).

The ideological problem is that a credit card by definition offers you credit. :wink:

In my country it isn’t widespread ether. I just own one because I order from the internet … a lot. And it’s a lot faster with a Debit Card. A lot of shops don’t accept paypal too.

The reason we have to use Credit/Debit/Check card is the way Kickstarter works. They need to use the “Payment Clearance” function. That sadly only works with this payment model. (Maybe there are other ways … I’m no pro.)

Bitcoins! :smiley: \me crawls back into the hole…

Then I’m in :smile:

4 Likes

They also offer direct debit in germany. As long as you’re a german who don’t pledge more than 250 bucks towards a german project (according to their faq).

Kickstarter has already accepted our campaign page. We’re wrapping up some accounting/legal stuff and once that’s finished we’ll be announcing the launch date.

15 Likes

Right now I just really hope No Man’s Sky doesn’t pop out of nowhere and steal your thunder :confused:

2 Likes

Aside from the lack of vegetation and furry animals I think our realistic planets stand in stark contrast to theirs - both in terms of their visual style as well as their size.

5 Likes