Thoughts for the Kickstarter campaign

As far as I know the two only ways to get an access to the alpha during the KS campaign are : back on KS or being Gaming Press/Journalist.

According to Keith, during the KS campaign we will not be able to back other than what’s available on KS.

ask your mom for a credit card and pay her with cash

You might be surprised but not every family does have a credit card. Not everyone likes the concept of credit cards.

1 Like

Debit card then.

I have the same problem, luckily my gf has a creditcard. In some countries you can also buy prepaid credit cards in some stores. In germany you can even buy them at Penny-Store. I think some gas stations might also have them.

I think any modern payment card (with security code
on the back) should work. It definitely doesn’t have to be a credit card.

Paypal can use a bank account directly, but that might only be applicable in certain countries.

According to kickstarter paypal is not a useable option. Sadly.

Ah yes, I forgot.

I think UK Kickstarter allows Paypal, or maybe it was something else. Or maybe they don’t offer it any more.

Kickstarter web site:

Once you’ve submitted your project for review or feedback, you should hear back from us within 2 business days.

As it has been a week since the submission, either the Kickstarter reviewers are swamped with submissions or the INS guys heard back from them and they’re tweaking the parameters of the Kickstarter campaign so they can submit it again.

I found mentions on the web of projects that didn’t hear back for up to three weeks, so apparently the queue can get pretty backed up.

1 Like

I swear, every time I see this bumped thread, I think:

“YEEEES IT’S HAPPENING OH wait, that’s the discussion thread… nvm.”

1 Like

As far as I know they “only” submitted the video, not the whole campaign.

I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve renamed the thread so that my heart doesn’t jump through my mouth every time I see it :smile:

4 Likes

Fair enough :slight_smile:

I want to pick up on the payment options remarks here - we had this discussion before and i can only repeat my opinion from back then: If Kickstarter is still not accepting PayPal / Direct transactions but accepts only credit cards + Amazon account, it would be foolish not to provide a parallel system for backers to get their money to INovae. Many successful game funding campaigns have done just that, in parallel to their Kickstarter. A lot of people refuse to use credit cards / do not have one / use PayPal and direct bank transaction instead.

Paypal has it’s own card.

@romtim Arrogance isn’t a virtue. Thought I’d be the first to break it to you.

@hrobertson you missed the obnoxiousness by romtim < that guy

Credit card - Debit card. It doesn’t matter! Cards are cards.

We won’t be doing parallel crowd funding, however we will be doing continued crowd funding on our website post KS. Part of the issue with parallel is the Kickstarter is all or nothing and we have a min funding goal that we must meet. The parallel funds cannot be added to the Kickstarter tally, and we don’t want to lower the KS min goal while trying to guess what we’d get in the parallel funding.

4 Likes

Why not just setup an account pretty much anywhere.
use it as donate button with registration…
And let people send you money their favoured way (no refunds obviously :smile: even in case of KS failure - but that wont happen !!! :wink: )

I bet you plan on working on it even if it fails anyway… so ?

And when you have the money just grab it and at the end of your campaign just dump it all into KS yourselves …

This isn’t new, there were others that did just that.
For the same reasons.

Yes however it will be at a higher price.

That isn’t the case. We currently have no plan as to what we’re going to do if the KS fails. There are many things we could do and it’ll likely take some time to plot a new direction.

Does your bank offer visa/mastercard debit cards? These function like a debit card (ie. savings) with the benefit of paying online through CC payment systems.