I’m following closely but will decide later. Maybe Terran comes about and explains himself.
Currently the voting is:
2x Enginish
2x Ovog
Pendrokar, why is revealing your suspicion dependent on the votes of Enginish? You and Noble alone could bring up the same amount of votes and if Enginish stopped being selfish and if it was a sound accusation even more.
@Pendrokar I was curious about what your follow up conclusions of who to lynch would be, given your reveal about Xamino. I was curious if you’d stick by Enginish and who you might suggest as an alternative lynch. So am I correct that the only reason you’re voting Ovog is to tie the vote?
It appears there are two camps… Enginish and Pendrokar have both been consistently vocal unlike those voting for Enginish… which I suppose could swing in either way. They have both also contributed to the plans to fix the relay… although neither has yet declared it fixed as I suggested and I can’t think why not?
I’ll leave it a tie for now in the hope somebody with some information can make an intelligent tie break or alternative lynch.
Feelings of suspicious about both Pendrokar and Enginish.
But, i have something to point out from a perfectly practical perspective. Enginish has said that a human would reveal all his infromation before being killed right? Assuming Enginish wants us to think he is human, we should put the pressure and votes on him until we get that info.
I voted for TF for the same reason I voted for Arkenbrien the day before. Little (if moreso than previous) useful information and a somewhat logical choice. Random votes make me suspicious, especially after day one. Make of that what you will.
That said, Matt’s got a splendid idea. Enginish, if you are human, following your logic, maybe this vote will help rectify that little problem of little useful information. Even just a tad.
@NobleBrutus, what is this ‘state that the problem is fixed’ about? I can’t find where GMs have said anything about it.
Ovog is part of that suspicion, maybe not to the degree that Terran is. Though what they both have in common is being quiet. Perhaps now that a tie had been broken I can make the switch. Enginish already stated why we find TerranAmbassador to be suspicious. Though it just occurred to me, the Plasma Cutter belongs to Terran, wouldn’t we lose it if we lynch him now?
There is not much time left so I am going to reveal all the other people who know why Enginish retracted his vote. Lomsor, Arkenbrien and now I have even revealed it to Aventine, who had been bothersomely insistent. I am sorry that we have to hide the reason for the vote retraction from others.
@Lomsor, @Arkenbrien you both have known this for a while and if either of you were an agent you would be making votes on Enginish the last couple of days, which you hadn’t done. So it makes me view you as human and put some trust in what Enginish claimed. Lets test it out.
Currently we have 3 out of five votes… I don’t see how we can’t benefit by going ahead, if anybody else (crew) had a relevant part or code for the relay then they’d have came out with by now.
Well, first, I’m happy that this has encouraged some discussion. The last few days have been a bit light on argument, and I’m glad to see that fixed.
As for those clamoring for information, I’ve given up plenty.
As for my role… I’m the Oracle. Every night, I can scan someone’s alignment. If I vote during the day, though, I lose my concentration at night and can’t make any scries. Paraphrasing of course to prevent rule breaking.
Also, Pendrokar has just revealed who my trustees are. So… I don’t really know what else there is to reveal at this point. Hope you guys are satisfied.
Also I’ll update my post to reflect that the problem with the array has been solved.
**Edited, as I realized not revealing my role would make you sharks even hungrier.
Well. The consensus is pretty clear so I’m wondering why the people clearing up the suspicion situation didn’t followed it up with putting their votes on their theories.
But I do have to agree with their theories so I will change it up for once and go forward: TerranAmbassador does indeed look suspicious by not showing up that much and voting randomly … I just hope I’m no victim.
@TerranAmbass Remember to yellow your old vote… These things make me nervous.
Also, I hope this is obvious, but I won’t reveal the results of my scans unless they’re a wolf.
Lets say I trust my contacts more then I trust you.
I like communication and cooperation and you did show less then my contacts. They think you are suspicious and I don’t know of anyone else who is just right in the middle to be an agent.
I just hope that I’m on the right side.
@Enginish you need to reload the page to see changes … new post though will be added nevertheless.
@TerranAmbass, it is more to do with the elimination theory:
Enginish (tl;tw)
Aventine (I did not die)
Pendrokar (I find him most suspicious)
NobleBrutus X2 (Too early to tell)
Ovog (Just thanks for that last vote retraction)
mattk50 (Voted for someone that was night-killed, too easy)
Lomsor (Didn’t kill or vote for Enginish, after Oracle role reveal)
Arkenbrien (Didn’t kill or vote for Enginish, after Oracle role reveal) TerranAmbassador
It seems enginish, while remaining very humanly, is having a tie for the majority of the votes, for the moment I’ll have to vote on Noblebrutus (and excuse my inactivityness) since he holding the power to break the tie and since it seems he trust so much Enginish, he is purposively holding back the power to break the tie and keeping the vote on me, I would say that shows he needs to change the vote today to something more productive since he only voted for me because i hadn’t showed up yet.
5/9 Majority Vote Reached. Broken Communications Relay was identified.
Tool 1:
Plasma Cutter
5/9 Majority Vote Reached. Plasma Cutter was used.
Tool 2:
Spare Array
5/9 Majority Vote Reached. Spare array was used.
Tool 3:
Security Code
5/9 Majority Vote Reached. Security Code was used.
Tool 4:
N/A
5/9 majority declared the problem only required three tools.
After cleaning up the gruesome remains of Xamino, they gathered around the control panel in the main hall to attempt to fix the communications relay once more. It was still the consensus that the hardware had been installed correctly, and that the only thing missing was a security code that the software required. Accessing the panel’s display, Pendrokar entered the Security Code he had found. This was their answer to all of their problems. With the press of a button, he could activate the communications relay and signal CCW to send help, only a few days away. He pressed the Enter key and waited for the results of their efforts.
Those results came in a very disappointing way. The power immediately shut off and then came back on, the facility now only lit by the amber emergency lights strewn throughout the halls. The facility was running on its auxiliary power systems. Staring at the control panel in disbelief, Pendrokar read the new pop-up on the screen: “Invalid console command received. Emergency shutdown engaged. Please enter the correct code set to reengage the system.” He slammed his fist on the desk, and turned to the panicking crew shaking his head in defeat.
Now they had even bigger troubles…
The crew critically failed to fix the communications array.
The day will continue until tomorrow when I end it. It may be slightly later than I originally planned, as I do have a final to take!
A little tidbit about Event 1, since it is now over.
It was brought to me (during the first day of the last stage) that maybe I overestimated the amount of information I gave out to players during the searches. I will say that it was 100% possible after searching for the crew to have solved the problem (although I still wont say what it was until the end of the game. Speculate if you wish). It did, however, serve its intended purpose of causing player interaction.