The Wolf Game: Whats Mine is Mine

Arkenbrien took a long, hard look at the broken piece of equipment that everybody called the communication array.

Turning to a passerby, Ark queried “So… What exactly is a communication array?”


Sorry guys, but I haven’t the foggiest on what to do. I didn’t find any tools or equipment.

"It lets us communicate with the outside world! Something we can’t do at the moment.
Seeing that no one has an Idea what to do I suggest:
Fixing the Broken Communication Relay by just replacing it with the Spare Communication Array … the standardization of cables and connections nowadays should be sufficient, or that’s what I hope.

Hendar pulled out a Plasma Cutter and set it on the table, annoyed and even grumpier than usual.

“This might have use, if I had any idea what to use on. Though I’d love to know what one of MY personal tools was doing here…”

[ooc]ooohhhhh…html tags work here…that makes the travesty that discourse calls “formatting” a little more bearable; maybe now it won’t be such a pain to mix bold and italic text

/me jinxes it[/ooc]

Its some magical science fiction device that sends signals through interstellar space to be interpreted by the receiver into a message. I always picture some collection of antennae in the middle of a satellite dish type thing, or maybe a dome.

Use your imagination for the shape, but its a metallic device that sends messages. It is attached to the roof of the main hall.

EDIT:
Also @TerranAmbass I just wanted to point this post out, because i dont want anyone else to be confused by it:

So right now, you have declared the plasma cutter as your second tool, but you have not declared a problem or a first tool. So everyone needs to declare each tool and problem in the order they wish to use them. It is a group decision in the end, but every person needs to tell me what their personal decision is. Of course it is totally okay to make your personal decision the same as the rest of the group, and actually that is kind of the idea, so that you can all agree on how to fix the array.

I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but i just wanted to clarify exactly what I was looking for.

@LyskTrevise Sorry, my bad. I must have misunderstood the post giving the instructions. Shouldn’t have assumed.

I may have exaggerated the information at my disposal for dramatic effect.
That aside, let’s start from the beginning. For event one, our Diarchal Gods decided to punish my pride by removing my ability (which I have, I am not ability-less) for the night. I decided, ‘hey, what the hell, let’s roll the dice a bit.’
I sent out a few messages to other players with details of my ability and lies about what had happened to me during event one.
Among the results, there’s one I feel is important to share: One of these recipients, Arkenbrien, took nearly two days after viewing my message to respond. You can thank Discourse for that particular feature, I suppose.
In addition, he claims to have gotten an item from event one, despite no-one else reporting having gotten anything material from event one (to my knowledge). Indeed, the pattern seems to be information gathering for the first day, and tool gathering for the second day. Add to this the fact that he hasn’t said or done anything of note, and, well… I don’t trust him.
Also of some significance is the fact that players opposing Pendrokar have a habit of contracting a case of knife-in-ribs syndrome soon after doing so. Noblebrutus votes Pendrokar? Immediately dies. Pendrokar doesn’t succeed in lynching Topperfalkon? He dies that night anyway. I’d say that this points to Pendrokar being a wolf, but, frankly, I feel like it does the opposite. It looks like an effort by the wolves to make a case for his lynch, and a too-obvious one at that. So… I feel a better bet would be Tigerfang. Another person who hasn’t said anything about what happened to him during the events (suspicious!) and also someone who seems to be going to great lengths to avoid doing anything controversial.
In summary: Arkenbrien is at the top of my list, followed shakily by Tigerfang. Now, accused! Defend yourselves, as I’ve been known to be very, very wrong about things I was very sure about in the past.

Also, I feel like fixing the Broken Communication Relay is an excellent idea.
We should use the Plasma Cutter to remove the damaged one and the Spare Relay to replace it. We can use Pendrokar’s Security Code to boot it. We should then use Xamino’s code, [ 41ot ], to activate it. I found some Wire Cutters, but I feel like they’d be of dubious use here.

@Enginish you have made lies yourself and I don’t see how you are able to suspect both Arkenbrien and TigerFang of being agents, since that would mean they both jointly agreed to vote for TerranAmbassador. Also Arkenbrien just did something a human would do or then again simply acted as not knowing what is going on, yet that gives humans more information. I bet agents have the most information and plans regarding the communications relay, they don’t need to ask anything publicly.

Lets just carry on where our suspicions match. As they are TigerFang and Terran for me. When Arkenbrien voted for Terran, Terran only mentioned that vote and not TigerFang’s.
So, who wants some Fang, TigerFang that is?

“Seems reasonable … and something needs to be done. I can’t sit on my hands like yesterday and let the agents kill us all! So TigerFangs it should be for todays supper.”

“I agree – the problem seems to be the Broken Communications Relay. However, I suggest using the Plasma Cutter to remove the first one – it should make easy work of the bolts – then put in the Spare Relay, and finally activate it with the codes I found – 41ot”

Seriously, formatting is annoying on this forum… :stuck_out_tongue:

"Tigerfang seems to be the most suspicious one to me too – I mean seriously, there was something off about that pirate attack that got the ship. Maybe those happenings and the killings here are linked?"

EDIT: I changed my tool to reflect that the communication relay is firmly secured to the roof.

EDIT2: Changed codes to single code.

For a very simple reason. Ark’s gave me a way to defend myself by being rooted in rp, as opposed to TigerFangs’s random (or maybe carefully crafted to appear so) vote. I intend to rectify that mistake today, however.

So, TF, was that really just a “random” vote?

Oh, and @Xamino, the formatting is more bearable if you use <i></i>, <b></b>, etc.. Those tags do actually work here. You can even nest them like the bbcode from the old forum.

Thanks, I’ll try those out. Nesting color information doesn’t seem to work though, although I’m not sure if it should either way. I realized that it is also possible to apply bold for example by selecting the work in the editor and then hitting ctrl+b. Same for italics – ctrl+i.

Formatting colors would be much easier if there were a color selector that applies a color to the selected text, like in the old forums. Not sure if Discourse can do that though…

Eh,Tigerfang is an acceptable lynch today, I suppose. We’ll tackle this Arkenbrien thing later.
Also, Xamino brings up a good point:

@LyskTrevise @Cise How exactly is the relay attached to the building? It it’s by some flimsy bits and wires then maybe the wire cutters are a good idea, but if it’s by big heavy steel parts then I don’t exactly have much faith in my pair of scissors. Also edited my post to fix colors and add in Xamino’s codes.

Edit: Also, this may just be my paranoia setting in, but why should we use these particular codes to boot the relay? The thought just occurred to me that there may be more than one way for the wolves to sabotage the repair mission.
When you (Xamino) first mentioned them, you didn’t really say what they were for. Would you paraphrase the message you got with them and assuage my fears?

The codes were stuck under a table in the mess hall on a blue and white card – note that these are 2 different codes, not one long one.

That’s more or less all I know of them. Not very conclusive, I know…

Interesting how fast this bandwagon formed isn’t it? You say I didn’t do anything controversial or that would attract attention but both the first day and the second day I was the one that was urging everyone to vote as opposed to not doing anything and letting a tie form.

I was the first to vote on the 2nd day to break the ice and that is always a risky move to make especially since the votes on the first and second day are ALWAYS random.

Can’t you guys see how suspicious Lomsor is for just jumping in or Xamino’s RP based reasoning? Seriously?

The truth of the matter is the wolves know I am an experienced player and that I have probably hosted half (or a third) the Wolf games on the old Infinity forums. So they obviously want to get rid of me as fast as possible so they jumped at Enginish’s post. Of course Enginish is suspicious as well as he is the one initially doing the accusing but he hasn’t bothered to vote for me yet.

So I vote for Enginish and I’ll see how this goes. He says I am an acceptable lynch instead of encouraging more analysis. Isn’t that a very wolfy thing to do? let’s just lynch the first guy to be voted and not think too much about what we’re doing?

I’ll be back with more and some RP later unfortunately I was away this weekend so I didn’t get a chance to reply until now.

I was looking for a bandwagon. Yes! That’s exactly what I tried to say in my first post today. It may be foolish of me to help possible agents but anyone could be an agent. I just know that yesterday wasn’t a good day for us because we didn’t manage to do anything and I didn’t help change that. Not today.
Maybe the discussions and possible more information may change my vote.

Also I posted BEFORE xamino …

I don’t know if you can tell when a recipient have opened a message versus replying, but I replied to Enginish’s PM as soon as I read it. That was also the first day I read Cpt’s PM on the results from the first search, which was also 2 days after he sent it. The reason for my tardiness is because I didn’t even realize that I had received a PM. So I apologize for not checking my mail.

I can confirm that I did in fact receive an item. I’m not comfortable with divulging the attributes of the item publicly, but if four of you ask (no less), I’ll give you some details.

My second day vote (TA) was just as random as the first, and unfortunately I didn’t have time to get back on before the day had ended. But it was a random jab, nothing more, besides another reminder of the 4 page RP battle intro to the last Wolf Game. :wink:

Other than that, it was only the second day.

I do have some questions:

Can anybody else confirm that Enginish sent out PMs? (Upon further consideration) I can see that Xamino’s code does seem to indicate that he did. But I would like more confirmation, and this is why:

The way my PM was worded made it seem as thought I was the only person receiving a PM, yet he claims to having sent out multiple PMs. This doesn’t mean that he committed a Freudian fault, just that it seems odd to me that it was worded that way and now he’s claiming that it was sent to many recipients. So first I would like to confirm that.

More importantly, if he did send out multiple PMs, did he reveal his role? He did reveal his role in my PM.

@Pendrokar - What ‘lies’?


I find it odd that even though I was #1 on “Eginish’s Most Suspicious” list that a bandwagon almost instantly formed on Tigerfang, who placed a ‘shaky’ second. I don’t know whether that means that I and TF was ‘tied’ for first and I ‘won’ by a hair’s width or not, but having a shaky reason on why Pendrokar is not a wolf followed by Pendrokar voting on TF causing a bandwagon on him a bit suspicious of both Enginish and Pendrokar. Particularly of Pendrokar, considering his fairly random accusation of lying about … something. Sounds like a double bluff to me.

That’s all for now. Thoughts?

EDIT: I removed my vote from Pendrokar, then decided against it and revoted for P.

@LyskTrevise - We may need an extension to hash this out.

EDIT: I removed my vote from Pendrokar.

@Arkenbrien Count me to one of the guys who want to know what you did find.

Also. I can confirm that Enginish did indeed send me a PM on night one Pretending i’m the only recipient and lying about the effect the event had on him.

The array is secured pretty firmly to the roof with large bolts.

As someone who voted for TF almost at the same time as Pen, I’m gonna need more than your word for it.

You mention the lack of controversiality, so you’ve obviously read my post. Why, then, would you gloss over the most significant point of contention: Your habit of not revealing what happened to you during the events. We’ve still gotten literally nothing from you in that regard. It strikes me as nearly impossible that you’ve gotten absolutely nothing noteworthy from either event.
Also, making random votes and urging action are not attention-attracting, they’re what I’d consider stereotypical ‘responsible villager’ behavior. Bold accusations and the presentation of evidence are what I’m referring to when I say ‘controversial’.