The Wolf Game: Whats Mine is Mine

48 hours each, or if all votes and roles are accounted for.

So… random votes now so that we have something to hang people for later? :stuck_out_tongue: Okay, I’m game… NobleBrutus.

“He’s only going for the mining platform because he wants to see if he can leave us to die alone.”

Random Vote for the ThatHappyCat.

Aventine for interrupting my quest for answers and beer.

The day will end in approximately two hours.

@NobleBrutus
The horrors of war still haunt me after all these decades, oh yes. But those were different times, we never used strategies that are occuring right now by these agents of death.

I guess agents already had quicktopic created for them, so Enginish could have been simply curious. Nonetheless one requires cleansing.
ThatHappyCat

Enginish respectfully bows to Pendrokar.

@ThatHappyCat, if you have anything to say, now’s the time to say it.

The day is now over. Votes are being tallied and I will update this post momentarily.


Votes:

  • That Happy Cat: 2
  • TerranAmbass: 1
  • Aventine: 1
  • Pendrokar: 1
  • NobleBrutus: 1

With a total of 6 votes cast.


The group bickered for hours on end, with practically everyone in the room having been accused at least once of the murder.

“I’m not buying this bible-thumper act you’ve got! Behind the words of the lord, you’re a cold blooded killer!” Pendrokar yelled out in the middle of the crowd.

Russ held out a hand, in an attempt to calm the man as he clutched his bible under his other arm. “My son, why are you so quick to anger? Please, restrain yourself, I mean you no harm.”

Pendrokar, grit his teeth and backed down, as the rest of the crowd began to throw accusations again. Russ bowed as a sign of respect for the man, his arms folded across his chest, with his bible in the center.

In the back of the room lurked a man known as Cat. A strangely cheerful fellow, who was quite unremarkable in just about every way imaginable, and seemed to go unnoticed in almost every situation. Perhaps it was for this reason then that perhaps the loudest and most noticeable person, Arkenbrien, noticed him right away.

“Huh? I bet he did this! He’s always avoiding us, and never says anything. And did I mention my sword is missing? I bet he stole that too and used it to kill our poor security officer! Where have you hidden it then?!” Arkenbrien asked furiously, as Pendrokar appeared at his flank, eager to resolve the case.

“I…Uh….” The man known as Cat stammered in surprise at the confrontation.

“Speak now, my son, I will listen if you have sinned.” Russ said assuringly.

He never got that chance though, as Pendrokar, suddenly filled with rage, swung his fist and with one strike knocked the man unconscious.

“Hey! How am I supposed to find my sword now?!” Arkenbrien exclaimed.

Shaking his fist in pain, Pendrokar looked on at the slumped man, and then turned to Arkenbrien. “There will be time for that later. C’mon, help me lug this traitor to the solitary confinement room in Security. We need to figure out what’s wrong with the Communications relay anyways…”


That Happy Cat has been lynched.
Night 1

It is now Night and no more posts are allowed in the thread, with the exception of asking the GMs for rule clarifications. All other communications should take place via PM or any other means. Any applicable players should PM Cise and I to activate roles, items, votes, and etc. The day phase will resume in 48 hours.

NOTE: The results of today’s search will be PMed to every player who opted to search.

One last reminder, RED is only to be used for votes, thank you.

There will be a short extension of the night, due to work related delays on our part (that being Cise and I). I approximate the day will start some time in the next… 7ish hours or so.

If we can’t find time before then, I think we will just skip the RP temporarily (which will of course be added afterwards) and let the day begin, so that gameplay can continue.

Noble hurriedly removed the pressurized suit he had needed to search the Mining Platform. Was it night time already? He wondered as he stepped out of the suit, and began to head back towards his quarters. The lights had dimmed to adjust to the dark outside, and there were great shadows along the sleek metal corridors. As he was heading through the corridor towards the main hall, footsteps began to echo his own very closely. Not thinking twice about it, Noble turned to greet his fellow crew mate.

*He was rewarded with the barrel of a beam pistol, and attached to it, a cloaked figure in dark clothing. *

“Shit, I thought we arrested the agent?!” Noble, trapped in the corridor, and facing the shadowy man, grit his teeth and did the only thing he could: Charge the man. The angry howl of the pistol rang out through the long, narrow corridor, and just narrowly missed Noble, searing the skin of his shoulder as it passed him by. The agent turned and ran towards the mining platform, as Noble grew closer. He bore down on the man at full speed as they neared the airlock. The agent reached the door first and slammed his fist on the open button, and then rolled to the side, as Noble crashed through the doorway in an attempt to tackle him.

Noble picked himself up as quickly as he could and turned back towards the airlock’s entrance, only to be slammed in the chest by an overcharged beam pistol shot. The agent closed the airlock entrance, and the secondary door began to open up behind Noble, as he grasped at his mostly disintegrated chest, stumbling backwards out into the toxic environment, before finally toppling sideways over the railings into the Big-Ass Ravine.

The night is now over. NobleBrutus was killed.

NOTE: Noble was not killed because of the event. The inclusion of the event was simply for RP purposes.


Event 1: Stage 2: Now where did I leave that toolbox…?

The Communications Relay is still out, but after searching the previous day, the crew ought to have a pretty good idea of how to proceed with the problem. With that knowledge in hand, the crew must search the facility for the tools necessary to fix the problem.

These are the locations you may search:

Life Support
Fusion Power Plant
Ore Processing and Loading
Mining Platform
Armory
Main Hall
Cargo Storage and Unloading/Docking
Hangars
Living Quarters
Mess Hall
Security Room
Air Strip

Put your selection in Bold Purple font. There is no chance to die (by running into an agent, or vice versa) in this event.

NOTE: If you received information during the event, and not an item, it will have pertained to the problem or lack of said problem as it relates to the communications relay. I noticed there was some confusion in the way I sent out a few of the PMs, as I tried to make them as roleplay-ey as possible.

Yawning because of the long night, Xamino stepped out of his cabin to get some breakfast. The alcohol hadn’t really affected him – he hadn’t had that much. But a good night’s sleep wasn’t really possible in such a situation as they now found themselves in.

Stepping into the mess hall, he grabbed his breakfast – spiced scrambled eggs and a stack of pancakes – and settled down to start his day. Remembering the search yesterday, he carefully looked around the Mess Hall for any tools they could use to repair the communications relay.

I’ll just roleplay that the dead body isn’t found before breakfast. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s it, gotta get me some weapons at the Armory!

I’d like to also point out at this stage in the game that a medic would be pretty welcome now – the first one, two kills can greatly increase our (the humans) knowledge.

Of course, it is always risky to reveal oneself so soon.

The mess hall had been a bust; no beer in sight. There had to beer somewhere, and the next most likely place to check would be the mining platform (the living quarters were too obvious). So Hendar set out to continue his quest, still grumbling about anything and everything.

Passing Xamino on the way out, he grumped “There’s no beer in there”. Seeing the man continue, he grumped again. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you”.

*“Ahh… ouch! Why would you… I … left… it … too… late… errggghjh” and with that Noble toppled from the mining platform into the murky depths of the Big-Ass Ravine.

Good luck guys!

Russ walked out of the Cargo Storage area with a sour expression on his face.
“Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans. Sometimes… They don’t work. And sometimes, you get something entirely different from what you expected.”

Has anybody found anything of use? Trevise’s post made it sound like at least one person got something important.

I’m going to go to the Hangars. Hangars have ships. Ships require tools. I require tools.

“I’ve seen a crate with tools in the Cargo Storage and Unloading/Docking area … been sitting in the corner for like … forever.”

Emperor Falkon arose from the Living Quarters after spending most of the afternoon and the evening in the Power Plant. Having realised he was an Emperor, not a bloody engineer, he determined he couldn’t notice any readily apparent faults. Still, he needed to find some tools that’d fix the damn comms, and failing that retrieve his gear. Falkon went via the Mess Hall, snatching a bagel and giving a nod to Hendar, then moments later, Xamino, before proceeding with a fast stride to the Cargo Storage and Unloading/Docking

I wonder how long it’ll be until the first death is actually noticed, given the manner of his demise.

Tiger Fang could hear a knock on the door and wondered idly who would come to visit him at his hotel room. He cracked the door open to see a tall man dressed in a black suit holding a briefcase.
“Captain Fang?” The stranger asked.
“Who wants to know?” He replied mildly irritated.
“I am interested in hiring your ship.” He said apparently unperturbed by the captain’s tone.
“You think you can afford my rates?”
“Mr. Fang I have an offer you cannot refuse.” The man said brimming with confidence.

Suddenly Tiger Fang woke up soaked in sweat. He kept dreaming about that moment that lead him to this disaster. The dream was the same every time and for some reason it disturbed him greatly. It wasn’t like he could’ve predicted how it would all turn out, maybe all the stress was finally causing him to lose it. He got out of bed and went straight into the shower. Once he was done with his morning routine he decided to head for a late breakfast in the mess hall. Afterwards he would go check out the Security Room where he might be able to learn more about what was going on.

As he settled down to eat he noticed Xamino looking around for something. “Did you lose your keys lieutenant?” The captain asked amused.

[OOC] Random vote for TerranAmbassador
I know everyone is afraid to be the first to vote but we need to get our votes early if we want to have any chance of getting some analysis done and give the one that’s about to be lynched a chance to defend himself. If we wait until the very last moment to vote we’re only helping the agents(wolves).
[/OOC]

Well, Ovog has been on the quiet side, so might as well vote for him.

“Good morning captain. No, I was thinking there might be some tools around that we could use to get off this forsaken rock. I’ll check the kitchen once I’m done with breakfast.” He emptied his orange juice. "Although we’re stuck, the food ain’t bad, at least compared – "

Xamino was just about to continue on that the food was a good bit better than what they’d gotten on the ship, but quickly stopped. The joke might have been funny if the ship’s cook were around, but he had been killed. " – compared to what I got in the military."