The Wolf Game: Whats Mine is Mine

/me smolders

1 Like

Mattk50 laid wide awake in his living quarters that night, the scene of Hendar’s face melting under the intense heat right in front of him forever etched into his mind. Had they done the right thing, he wondered? Only time would tell, he told himself. Still, the act of killing another person was not something he was used to.

His thoughts were interrupted however when his door slowly crept open and a tall shadowy figure entered the room silently. Matt’s eyes flung wide open, and immediately jumped out of bed after seeing the man, picking up the lamp on the nightstand next to him as he did so.

ā€œGod damn it, why don’t you fuckers stop all of this? Hasn’t there been enough killing? Don’t we have enough problems already?!ā€ Matt said as he raised the lamp into a defensive position, the man also putting himself into a defensive hand-to-hand position as well smiling all the while.

Without another word, the man suddenly swung his fist at matt, who barely dodged the blow and tried to bring the lamp down on the man’s head. However, the man caught the lamp and flung it away from them with his other hand, backing into his defensive position once more as the two began to circle each other.

Not wanting to wait to be hit at again, Matt suddenly broke his circling motion and rushed at the man, throwing a ferociously powerful punch at the man’s face, which only narrowly missed as the man moved out of the way just in time, but not far enough to avoid Matt’s body, and they both went tumbling to the ground. Pushing at each other, they struggled for who would remain on top, but the Agent was very quick and quite strong, and kicked Matt off of him, managing to get to his feet before Matt could recover.

The man grunted in frustration, and pulled a strange looking blade from his webbing. As his grip found the handle, the blade began to come to life, tiny metal fragments began to leave the body of the blade and spin rapidly around, glinting in the faint amber light, giving the blade an evil, bloody appearance. Matt finally rose to his feet, and took his defensive position once more, noticing the blade for the first time.

ā€œSo if you didn’t have a blade would you run away?ā€ Matt spat at the shadowy figure.

ā€œOnly if I didn’t have one.ā€ The agent returned, as he darted at Matt, flinging himself to the side just as he was about to strike, and drove the blade up under Matt’s defensive position and into his side. Thousands of tiny spinning metal fragments ripped his flesh to pieces effortlessly, before ripping out the other side of his back. The man turned and faced Matt after following through with his strike, only to find that Matt had fallen over, face first. The man quietly chuckled and left the room, wiping his blade on Matt’s clothes as he bled out on the floor of his own room.


Mattk50 has been killed.


Day 5


Event 2: Override the Emergency Shutdown
Stage 1: Search for the override codes


The ā€œsecurity codeā€ put into the control panel yesterday triggered an automatic shutdown of the facility’s fusion power plant. If the main power is not turned back on soon, the facility’s systems will begin to fail. On the control panel is a prompt asking for the input of three four digit codes. Having none of these, the crew must search the facility once more, for any clues as to what codes should be entered.

These are the locations you may search:

Life Support
Fusion Power Plant
Ore Processing and Loading
Mining Platform
Armory
Main Hall
Cargo Storage and Unloading/Docking
Hangars
Living Quarters
Mess Hall
Security Room
Air Strip

Put your selection in Bold Purple font. There is no chance to die (by running into an agent, or vice versa) in this event.

Lomsor woke up to a dark room, his room. He pushed himself up and glensed over at his watch. Time to get up, but no lights. Right, security protocol, yadi,yada. ā€œDarn, where do the f***n technicians go when you need them the most. A bunch of guys typing codes they found laying around … great. …
As if I knew it better then the others. …
Pfff.ā€
Self pity didn’t make it go away. So he grabbed a flashlight and headed straight to the Life Support to see how much time they had before all went to a grinding … cold … silent … hungry … stop.

Eating breakfast in the dark wasn’t his thing anyway … well if there were a cook around in the first place.
ā€œHope the protein dispenser still works.ā€

ā€œI’ve put my trust, in you, pushed that as far as I can go. Follow this, there is only one thing you should know.ā€
5 people agreed to lie to the public. Enginish is not an Oracle/seer, but a Turtle. According to Enginish a Turtle cannot be killed by an agent’s nightkill if the Turtle does not vote during the day. We lied so that Agents would put Enginish on the highest priority list to be killed at night. No one even mentioned the possibility that Enginish would be defended by a Guardian Angel, so they would have taken the first chance to kill him. So there has been a leak, a worm, a mole. Sad, if Agents made a futile attempt to kill Engihish, we would have one confirmed and 4 practically confirmed humans.

My crosshairs are on @Aventine and @Arkenbrien. Lomsor has known that Enginish is a Turtle since the first Night, yet never tried to get Enginish lynched, which might be the only way to get rid of a potentially confirmed human. Agents choice to nightkill Matt seems as another attempt to draw a target on me. Aventine has distrusted and therefore voted for me to be lynched multiple times, yet chose not to make me the choice of a nightkill. This seems quite elaborate. Agents know that we would suspect a mole and that I would pick Aventine. So I blame Arkenbrien.

I’ll go with Cargo Storage and Unloading/Docking.

[edit] vote retracted

Noble looked at his bloodstained outfit from the previous day… he had just managed to climb out from the air duct into the main base when he had seen the action unfolding, noting Terran in the limelight he had a flashback to the assassin on the first night… they had looked so much like how Terran had looked with the mob gathering around him in the dim light… Noble, filled with a sudden need for vengeance, had taken the plasma cutters… but he couldn’t let himself think of what happened next. Instead he set of to the Main Hall * with his flashlight in search of a new uniform.*

I must admit that I didn’t believe Enginish was telling the whole truth.

I thought this sounded like a trap. I expected you’d either found a Guardian Angel or Engine was a decoy of some sort. A unprotected real seer could have just made up an unimportant role. So the wolves could have probably thought that as well.

But why kill Mattk50 over Pendrokar?

I’m not sure where to vote now :confused:

Ovog, the very average man stood in his very average room, in a not-so-average darkness

ā€œHmmm, this is so dark, I should do something about this, probably should go to the Living Quarters of xamino or other people, to see if I find more codes to help this not-so-average situationā€

And so, he went to search for something helpful.

So guys, this situation seems really strange, how do we even know Pendrokar and Enginish are not the wolves in some kind of master plan? and how do we even know we have killed a single wolf? according to my calculations, we’re 7 left, so it could potentially be 3 wolves against 4 humans (if not I got severe counting problems), so if we miss today, there is a chance the wolves overwhelm.

Worst thing is we don’t even have a lead to go on (or I don’t, at least)

Absolutely true. Kind of bummed that the plan failed, but maybe we did telegraph it a little too much. I’m also absolutely baffled as to why Mattk50 died. He was (sorry Matt) my go-to lynch for today.

Now, I’m with Pendrokar in saying that we need to start looking at the list of people who knew my role. My main suspicions are on Lomsor, but Arkenbrien and Aventine are naturally suspects also. We need to explain that vote change that happened yesterday. Lomsor, if you can elaborate in any way on the circumstances of your vote change, that would be good.

Also, I’ll say this: we have seven players left, if my count is accurate. Assuming there are three wolves left, something needs to happen right now or we lose.[quote=ā€œPendrokar, post:204, topic:88ā€]
Lomsor has known that Enginish is a Turtle since the first Night
[/quote]
Also, point of clarification, I didn’t send that PM until around Day 2. I forget the exact timing, but it wasn’t Night 1.

I find it very peculiar that I’m suddenly on top of your suspicion list even though I’m one of your most loyal supporters. I won’t go trough everything but I find it ridiculous why I think you suspect me …

Yesterday a consensus was formed (lead by enginish) in part public and in part privately that came to the conclusion that Terran was most likely an agent.

I had to agree with the suspicion and still think that Terran was an agent. So for the first time in this game I went ahead and voted for him when no votes were on him (seeing none of the people who formed the consensus actually voted, after you removed your vote even though you initiated the consensus; I know turtle and stuff).
People voted pretty distributed (meaning they didn’t support your hypothesis) so there were only 3 votes on Terran.

Nearly at the end of the day I got a PM from a GM that tells me following (rephrasing as quoting isn’t allowed):
"Some shady figure hands you a soda. You take the soda //there was no choice and no benefit from taking the soda// but now ow the shady figure something.

You must change your vote to MattK50."

Still there were too many votes on Terran, meaning that the vote change had no effect.
After that he must have activated his role.

And now I’m suspicious? What would be the point of changing my vote? Sounds more like someone is framing me and you enginish are ether the one or are playing right into their hands.


You sent me the PM on the morning of day 2.

Hmm. I guess I’ll have to accept that. The vote change was such a mysteriously pointless action I can’t help but looking for super-subtle motivations. One thing that’s been consistent about this game is that all of my suspicions, with the possible exception of Tigerfang being a wolf, have been miles off the mark.
And you’re right, you’ve been on board with all our suspicions so far.

I’m just going to defer to Pendrokar’s judgement and choose Arkenbrien for now, but that’s by no means a permanent choice. We need to provoke some talk before we come to a solid conclusion I think.

Speak up guys.

Arkenbrien Aventine?

I don’t entirely trust anyone, but at least Enginish is active and trying to promote discussion.

EDIT: Two votes is much more assailable than three if somebody comes to reveal information at the last minute not giving me a chance to change before the end of the day.

I’m waiting for @Arkenbrien to defend himself. Should be already enough votes on him

So the day is technically supposed to end in one hour, but I think I’ll extend it as I don’t really feel like typing anything up right now, and you guys probably want the time regardless!

Arkenbrien was last seen a day ago and so hasn’t simply decided not to post (all votes on him are a day old or under)(unless he doesn’t auto log in I suppose), on the other hand however @Aventine was last seen an hour ago, and given all his posts are in this thread I think it’s fair to say he would have checked this thread, meaning we know he most probably actively decided not to post… That seems pretty wolfy to me. So my vote on Aventine holds.

I kind of agree with Noble on this one. Good sleuth work. Aventine! Speak up, man.

Last time I checked Arkenbrien had three votes so I didn’t think there was much I could do, and I figured people were probably tired of me saying Pendrokar and Enginish were suspicious to me. Despite my suspicions about them I think it is more likely the wolves are some random players who have done a good job not doing anything suspicious. So put that all together and I was content to just sit back and watch and think.

And I’ll go to the Security Room, if I manage to survive.

I rather stick with Arkenbrien then losing Aventine. I trust his reasoning and he seems like he has constructive thoughts that he also shares.

Looks like it’s tied now, so sorry Arkenbrien, better to have a chance of lynching a wolf then having no lynch and letting the wolves win.

Edit: Crossed out the vote since there wasn’t much point in it anymore.

I know I’m always on the quite side, but I’m going to change that. I’m probably making an idiot of myself, but the game is almost over, and I believe these points must be made.

I’ve decided that my defense would make more sense afterwards. So I’ll get to my defense later.

It comes down to:

@Enginish - Why the vote?

Your ā€˜ability’ only worked when you abstained from voting. Furthermore, you held a perfect no-vote pattern throughout the last few days. Yesterday, you let a even vote go by twice.

Granted, you did vote on TA, but the vote was quickly removed.

[I don’t know the quote mechanic yet, but these two are from Enginish making the point of it loud and clear]…[NV, I found out the mechanic but don’t want to go back and re-do]


Enginish quote #1 Wellp, can’t vote. As has been mentioned before.
…Let me just bold it then. I vote not to kill anyone.


Enginish quote #2 also, @mattk50 and @Aventine, if you’re satisfied with my information, remove your votes please. Still tied I think. Ties are bad. I can’t break the tie, since I need my scry tonight.


Furthermore, as stated, you did not vote previously. So why vote now?

I’ve always been suspicious of your role for a two reasons:

1 - The role is basically useless to everybody and anybody if the holder votes, but inherently proves that the holder is human, because a wolf needn’t worry about being killed by wolves during the night. I doubt that our very clever GMs would do really give a wolf that type of role.
2 - The lack of information from the lack of voting patterns.

In other words, this is the perfect role for a wolf to invent as a cover story. So far, it was pretty hard to tell if you were human or not because of this. Your patterns of thought have been slightly suspicious to me, but I wasn’t so sure.

But now all of that has changed, because you have voted. And not only that you voted (at least at first), but on whom you voted. And no, it’s not what you think.

I don’t know if you noticed, but this exact same scenario was played out on day 3 with the Tigerfang incident. Let me explain.

Basically, it went down like this:

Enginish said quite a lot about how I was suspicious.

[Enginish quote from day 3]

I may have exaggerated the information at my disposal for dramatic effect.
That aside, let’s start from the beginning. For event one, our Diarchal Gods decided to punish my pride by removing my ability (which I have, I am not ability-less) for the night. I decided, ā€˜hey, what the hell, let’s roll the dice a bit.’
I sent out a few messages to other players with details of my ability and lies about what had happened to me during event one.
Among the results, there’s one I feel is important to share: One of these recipients, Arkenbrien, took nearly two days after viewing my message to respond. You can thank Discourse for that particular feature, I suppose.
In addition, he claims to have gotten an item from event one, despite no-one else reporting having gotten anything material from event one (to my knowledge). Indeed, the pattern seems to be information gathering for the first day, and tool gathering for the second day. Add to this the fact that he hasn’t said or done anything of note, and, well… I don’t trust him.
Also of some significance is the fact that players opposing Pendrokar have a habit of contracting a case of knife-in-ribs syndrome soon after doing so. Noblebrutus votes Pendrokar? Immediately dies. Pendrokar doesn’t succeed in lynching Topperfalkon? He dies that night anyway. I’d say that this points to Pendrokar being a wolf, but, frankly, I feel like it does the opposite. It looks like an effort by the wolves to make a case for his lynch, and a too-obvious one at that. So… I feel a better bet would be Tigerfang. Another person who hasn’t said anything about what happened to him during the events (suspicious!) and also someone who seems to be going to great lengths to avoid doing anything controversial.
In summary: Arkenbrien is at the top of my list, followed shakily by Tigerfang. Now, accused! Defend yourselves, as I’ve been known to be very, very wrong about things I was very sure about in the past.

[end quote]

Who stood in the in number one spot in Enginish’s Most Suspicious list? I did. But look what happened: Pendrokar voted for TigerFang. With honestly no reason. It was obviously in response to Enginish’s post. In fact,

[Pendrokar quote]
@Enginish you have made lies yourself and I don’t see how you are able to suspect both Arkenbrien and TigerFang of being agents, since that would mean they both jointly agreed to vote for TerranAmbassador. Also Arkenbrien just did something a human would do or then again simply acted as not knowing what is going on, yet that gives humans more information. I bet agents have the most information and plans regarding the communications relay, they don’t need to ask anything publicly.

Lets just carry on where our suspicions match. As they are TigerFang and Terran for me. When Arkenbrien voted for Terran, Terran only mentioned that vote and not TigerFang’s.
So, who wants some Fang, TigerFang that is?

[End quote]

As you can see, Pendrokar actually ā€˜disagreed’ with Enginish, saying that it was ludicrous to view TF and myself as agents, but just a few words later says that TF and TA were on his ā€˜list’.

The rest is history. TF was bandwagon-ed, and was lynched.

So now we come to today.

The same scenario has played out, except that the roles have been reversed:

Pendrokar gives a bunch of reasons why Aventine is suspicious yadda yadda. But, again without any spoken reason beyond:

… 'Scuse me? What? I’ll get back to that.

Anyways, the very next vote was on myself, and was placed by Enginish. His vote has changed, but the

Pendrokar and Enginish seem to have quite a relationship going. Enginish has even defended Pendrokar, claiming that votes on him and subsequent deaths by the voters was a frame. And now this happens. Engine and Pen once again seem to be on the same page.


Enginish statistically speaking sent enough PMs that even before the the public reveal of the fake ā€˜oracle’ role, either Enginish is one incredibly lucky guy, or, more likely, the wolves already knew about the turtle role. Fact: Any wolf would see Engine as the driving force behind the human nexus. Especially after the Oracle reveal. Enginish is the number one target. Or at least should be.


At this point, two more votes have been placed against me while I was typing, which means that this is probably my last post here. I’m rapidly losing motivation to continue, but I’ll summarize.

Enginish.

Your PMs made you suspicious from the get go, and you have amazingly escaped being killed (despite there being a kill every night, meaning you were never targeted, and despite even trying to be the number one target). Your continued relationship with Pen and his (honestly) groundless accusations have strangely good, and your vote (against anyone) today have proved that you no longer need your ā€˜Turtle’ role, despite being the potential central for a human nexus.

I could be wrong, don’t get me wrong, but in the words of the late Mattk50, I can’t help but think we’ve been royally screwed.

I’m missing a Five-O episode, so that’s all I have to say right now. Good luck, guys.

If anybody is suspicious of Enginish vote now and I will switch. My switching without someone else would just create a three-way tie and as I’ve said I’d rather take a chance on Arkenbrien then let no lynch happen due to a tie.

On a related note: how much longer will the extension last? I would feel bad if someone took me up on my offer and I didn’t notice until too late.

The day will last another 18ish hours.