I’m not sure that we should drip feed our systems information, there are 16 of us, we can cover 8 systems by putting 2 people on each, worst case scenario wolves gain access to two systems, but we gain a lot of information…
I’m intrigued by the Crew Quarters and since my RP is closely linked with the AI, need to run a diagnostic on Arkenbrien.
Okay, in the interest of time, since I think we have enough information to start a discussion, let us please all vote for ONE system TODAY. Depending on what happens during the night, we can adjust our plan, yeah? I mean if it turns out we are taking like 3-4 hits per night then we will be forced to split up. If we take only 1 then… no need. So lets just wait and see.
I nominate:
Propulsion
It is guaranteed to go critical tonight if we don’t repair it, as mentioned by martin in the day post.
I think we have enough information to get a discussion going today, although maybe not about who to lynch quite yet…
Need to get ready for work soon, but I’ll quickly say that I’d rather get all the subsystems in use as soon as possible. An “all in” approach is likely to leave several important systems out of action for a very long time, and just because wolves can’t control the system doesn’t mean that it will be of any use to humans. Wolves will know exactly how to react to whatever the system is doing.
This is more or less a hunch just based on the differences in lysk’s posting style from previous games and my private communications with him, i get the feeling he’s out of his element and trying extra hard to look human and that probably means he’s a wolf. There’s a solid chance im wrong but theres nothing else to go on at this point, so, LyskTrevise. I wonder if martin actually implemented that day one lysk protection mechanic.
About the subsystem vote, I was thinking we should split the votes between two subsystems, im assuming with 16/17 people we’ll have 4 wolves as we have had the last few games, we’ll have 8 people on each subsystem… if we also mandate that each group makes public the communications, roles and votes in each system, it’s unlikely/impossible for the wolves to do a complete takeover on either subsystem. The problem with having private subsystem communications is that it hurts humans, you may think it’s being hidden from wolves, but you kinda have to bet on there being one in each subsystem. keeping that stuff secret just hurts the human side. The reasoning behind wanting two is that im worried whatever martin has in store is going to be particuarly dangerous this game, we want multiple subsystems online to defend ourselves from the hostile waters, lest we all perish.
The alternative would be everyone taking one subsystem, which would put is into a standard wolf game scenerio except where everyone knows everyone else’s subsystem. at least the specific mechanics would be kept secret from the wolf team, though.
I’m on my phone falling asleep so I’ll be quick. I don’t think I’ve been acting differently, matt, I always say what’s on my mind if it hasn’t been brought up already in what I consider a logical way. This sub system mechanic is especially dangerous and there are a lot of new players this game. In any case think what you want but I had time tonight so I used it playing the game. I think it’s a bit odd that of all the inactives, band wagoners, etc you accuse one of the few people participating in constructive discussion. But then again, maybe you’re just poking me ;p
Polishing a cocktail mixer, the Bartender raises one eyebrow at the accusation in surprise. Aye, he knows things, but not those things.
“Why not try? Is very good!” The Bartender holds out the can, his gruff face showing an ear splitting grin at the prospect of sharing a new experience from his home country with another man.
So LyskTrevise and Topperfalkon. I’ll remember that, guys!
I think this sounds sane and useful. I’d split all players among the two systems according to the random generator. Any deviants should be lynched tomorrow (although they always seem to be able to talk themselves out of it by claiming roles and knowledge).
However, until such plan is formulated and executed, I will for now go to the Medical Bay.
The Bartender noticed that his bottle of pure alcohol was running empty. He needed to get a refill, so he headed off for the medicinal cabinet in the medical bay.
It is called sleep. You might have heard of it?
And my currently random vote goes to… Kreydis! Congratulations!
The Emperor politely declines, but instead orders a glass of Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, because for some reason this bartender looks knowledgeable in these kind of things.
I’m agreed with the logic, though I’m a bit concerned about splitting over only two systems. I know it’s the only way to prevent a wolf majority on a system, but it does leave us rather susceptible to last minute role switches. We have to pick carefully the systems we go for.
I don’t really have a good idea of what systems we should protect though, although the Medical Bay seems a logical choice as it’s likely to be the only way to determine the role of a lynch victim, so I’ll join xamino there.
The Emperor watched the bartender walking off towards the Medical Bay. He still wanted that drink, and he had medical training anyway, which seemed like it would become quite important shortly.
The propulsion is damaged, I’ll go update the start post. I’ll also duplicate it here:
Every night propulsion is inactive the chance of air and submarine attacks will increase. After critical failure propulsion cannot be repaired and will be inactive every night until the end of the game.
I am still trying to wrap my head around the rp, since it is my first time playing it, and I am diving into it blind (haven’t even looked at the last round. I only joined because I knew the name ‘wolf game’ and wanted to play a round of it. I mean it is a large group rp so it is interesting by design). There are a lot of non rp discussions going on so far, which I am still not sure how to think of. So I think I will make my choices based on what is said and done in rp for the time being. Also dont forget, that the day lasts 48h so I think we still have enough time (until including tomorrow … right?) to have us vote on anything.
That being said, my rp for the moment:
The cook looked up to the speakers as he listened in terror about the captain and first in command being shot. He was perplexed. Being the cook of this ship, he had come to know both of them in a more private environment, when he was cooking for them and the other high rank officers. He liked both of them. But what if anyone else got hurt? He turned around and continued banging on each door.
Are you alright? Is anyone hurt in there? Should I get the doctor?
Thanks for the summary. I was already loosing track
Most of you seem to favor the fewer repairs is better tactic.
I still think the disaster on the ISS Relatively fast was not because the Wolf got Control of the systems.
It happened because the humans had not enough… (Quote: If we had the Crew Quarters earlier we would…)
Can we meet in the middle? How about 3 systems:
My new proposal:
6 persons for Medical Bay
5 for Propulsion
5 for Crew Quarters (<-- this was the seer role on the last subsystem game)
Yes I know that the agents can do a power grab with those numbers. But that wouldn’t kill as instantly.
And if we find out fast enough that power grab would be there downfall. We could then lynch them one by one.
I don’t think they would risk that.
Vote for subsystem because I think we have already agreed to repairing 2 systems: Medical Bay
My lynch vote will hit one of the inactive players near the end of the day.
I feel like you’ve done this to me before… My complimentary vote goes to… Ah crap I’ll do something last minute. But remember guiz, AAA is good stuff, also I think we can split the groups further down so we have more systems available. Hell even a day 1 Repair everything (Because we don’t know what our limit is so having everything up on day 1 would be fantastic.
Nos_Fi I get the feeling that inactive players will be killed automatically, at least gms rules give me the feeling that they will… Would be great if gm could say something about it ^^
Yes they will, if someone is completely inactive I will give them a warning, and then kill them. Of course a player could be active in subsystems and not in the main thread, then they won’t be killed by me.
@Kreydis. If the AAA gun is similar to the point defense on the space ship then it can damage other systems of the ship.
We can’t allow this ability to fall into the hand of the enemy agents.
Please try to find at least 4 other players willing to choose AAA as repair target OR abandon it.
Everything else will get you lynched real fast.