The Wolf Game - SS Black Swan - Day 6 - Everybody Dies, Traitors Win

Alright, I voted for you before he did and before you voted for me, so how about we lynch Topperfalkon since he seems to be the issue and let him explain?

Several people were voted for yesterday, that’s not exactly helpful… You clearly have a suspicion.

I can vouch for the Propulsion information in that paste as being correct

I pointed out on day 1 that this isn’t necessarily true. We have 14 players, and probably still 4 (assumed) wolves. On day 1, if we had done the assignment correctly, we’d have ended up with 8 players in each system, and one of them could have been half wolf. We only had a 25% chance of a successful lynch, which meant the system with wolves in could have been majority wolf. I’ve not run the figures for what actually happened last night, but I suspect the same could be true now, even with RNG.

Potentially. The Propulsion information tells us there are at least two external attack vectors. There are aircraft (because we have AAA) and submarines. I expect both have the ability to severely damage a damaged system.

I think allowing player agency in system repairs might help uncover wolf plots, because we can ask people to justify their choices. However, we should agree to which systems we want to make eligible to repair and have everyone split between them, maybe.

The thing is, I don’t think there is a good solution here, but if you take out the player agency, you make it a lot harder for the wolves to slip up. All they have to do is continue avoiding suspicion whilst we busily kill ourselves off with random lynches or punishing unresponsive players… :expressionless:

Also… having to do what you’re told is extremely boring. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tend to agree with this

Apologies for the double post, but I wanted to seperate my contribution to the earlier discussion from my vote to make it a little easier to follow

I explained shortly after Lysk posted at the beginning of the day. Kreydis was the lone holder of a system and wasn’t following the plan, which potentially made him a serious threat if he was a wolf, because we had no idea what the system does. Lysk and Sky were voting for you, and you were in the lead to be lynched. If I got at least one of them to remove the vote on you, then I only needed 2 votes to remove Kreydis as a threat rather than 3, which seemed unlikely with the day closing soon.
However, there was really no reason I couldn’t have mentioned them in this thread to request them to switch their vote, but it was late and I didn’t think. It happens.

I even gave fair warning on what I was planning to do

Then…

I can’t really explain why you decided to vote against Lysk to break the lynch vote on me in the first place though, so that one’s on you. You definitely didn’t need to.

cybercritic

I don’t trust Lysk alone with the Generator, so I’m going to join him.

I don’t know why you two are involving me in this at all, you (topper) could have just picked someone else to lynch instead of Lysk, the person I voted for and I wouldn’t be in this mess…

I made my decisions before both of you, had no private contact with either of you and now I’m responsible for actions that you took, after I took mine. Come on.

I’m sorry, I wanted to play an interesting game where systems / roles were actively used, but if everyone else wants this to stagnate into bureaucracy then I kinda wish I hadn’t signed up.

I guess I’m going to let my vote against cyber stand for the moment. I have no other ideas for a lynch target right now and I haven’t yet properly read through the posts concerning him / topper / Lysk. I’ll do that in a moment.

Am I right in thinking that there are just 2 systems being repaired atm? Generator and Med Bay. Should we introduce a third option? Helicopter Hangar? I’m kinda curious to see what it does.

2 Likes

You seem to be forgetting that he also voted to lynch me and was the most recent to do so. He already had one vote against him, so voting against him would have forced a tie, which meant I would live. I could have equally voted against Matt, but I didn’t.
You could have removed your vote from Lysk and I would have been forced to move mine. That was rendered unnecessary when he decided against it and voted for you instead.

Maybe you should be more concerned about giving Lysk a reason not to vote for you, because whilst you’re still trying to get me killed I have absolutely no reason not to vote against you.

I don’t know what thread you are reading or what you are smoking, but this was the situation before your vote, there were 5 people with 1 vote, you could have voted for any of them. And then, you see I could have saved you if I wanted to, because my vote would have made it 3 on that person, sloppy Topper, going for a revenge vote…

Sad thing is that we are most likely both human.

Oh, ok. I’m sorry for not wanting to have people trying to kill me. I wanted Lysk to remove his vote, because he was barking up the wrong tree. He did. He went for you instead, which I hadn’t anticipated. Then I noticed the situation with Kreydis, and convinced them that it was better for them to go after him than you.

I really don’t see what the problem is here.

1 Like

Dang 37 replies… I have some reading to do. I hope to have something up later this evening after class.

1 Like

I know what happened, I was here, but now, because of your little charade I have three votes on me.

Hold on. Sane’s vote against you has absolutely nothing to do with me.

Frankly, I find it hilarious that you’re complaining about me bringing 3 votes on your head. If I hadn’t brought the vote onto Kreydis yesterday you’d probably be dead right now.

And if you hadn’t voted for Lysk and thought for one second that I might actually help you, I would have no suspicion on me and no need to be saved yesterday either.

It’s like shooting a guy in the foot, bandaging him and then blaming everything on the guy you shot.

Boy that escalated quickly. Like I said, I don’t have anything really solid, I think cyber and topper maybe had something to do with each other, skyentist thought so as well. That doesn’t mean anything absolute, and I admit fully I’m voting with my gut feeling more than anything. If anyone noticed anything out of the ordinary in their groups last night, please feel free to bring it up now so we can discuss it, or if you had similar conversations with anyone in private.

Don’t lie, you just wanted to be by my side :flushed:

As for repair duties, I think these are the priorities today:

  1. AAA
  2. Generator
  3. Scout Copter
  4. Medbay

Generally in that order, and if we decide we want to split up today, then so be it we can cover all of them, but I just don’t know how good of an idea it is. I’ve already made my repair vote clear, so you guys figure it out with your wizardry or something.

@TerranAmbass @dekaku @JackBootedThug @Enginish

Would love to hear from you all today in a more comprehensive manner… none of you have contributed basically anything to the discussion (although I know Enginish has been playing Civ V like an ass and ignoring us >:l ).

Please start discussing your thoughts today and voting. Especially Terran, because I think you’ll get AFK killed soon mate.

1 Like

Have you forgotten what game we’re playing?

Why would I have any reason to believe on day 1 that you were genuinely acting in my interests? My interests were best served by trying to keep myself alive, which meant balancing out the vote. I didn’t want my vote attracting more votes to me, so I voted against someone who was already voting against me, one of whom happened to be Lysk.

It worked, he backed off, so I removed my vote.

Well… sure :blush:

Once I find out how to bring my point across even more comprehensive than ā€˜piling up on 2 systems is a terrible idea when there is a critical damage timer on each damaged system, This plan ultimately only benefits the wolves’, sure. I’ve also already stated the systems which I find most important. I mean, why would we need a functional helipad? We need something that stops the bombardment (which keeps damaging our ship), so AAA is a must, together with stuff that allows us to detect enemies before they bombard us, hence sonar and radar…

Also what’s about these varying number of wolves getting thrown around (first it was about 2 wolves, now we’re at four, even though the beginning rp clearly states 2 crew members).

To be clear this does not indicate that there are two wolves. Two traitors were on the bridge, some other unknown number sabotaged the engines.

People are saying:

  • 2, because the opening RP
  • 3, because it’s 1 less than 4 (and we have less players than usual)
  • 4, because we usually have 4 wolves with 17 players

take your pick…

I see, thank you martin.

Probably for the same reason we need AAA? We know we have submarines in the game from the Propulsion function.

Lynch Votes (4 / 14 cast)

cybercritic - 3 (The_Sane, LyskTrevise, Topperfalkon)
TopperFalkon - 1 (cybercritic)


Repair Votes (5 / 14 cast)

Generator - 2 (LyskTrevise, Topperfalkon)
Medical Bay - 2 (cybercritic, xamino)
Helicopter Hangar - 1 (The_Sane)