The Wolf Game - SS Black Swan - Day 6 - Everybody Dies, Traitors Win

I’m not really liking how quickly this bandwagon developing, but the reasoning seems sound.

Lysk. At the least, hopefully we can glean some useful info from this.


I believe somebody wanted help in the weapons locker?


Back to math…

2 Likes

Welcome to the new players.

Actually I’ve kinda started a ritual for the first days vote, much like other people always vote for one another on day one. Matt played a very good wolf on the ISS game and so the next game (the train) I voted to lynch him day one, saying we should lynch him just to be safe… Turns out he was a wolf again. So again this game I stated we should lynch him… just to be safe.

I agree. I had experience of this system in the ISS game and if you get a single unexplained name on the report then you’re in business… However it is entirely useless if there is a wolf on the system crew, and achieving a human only crew is difficult. Even if there is a trusted human going on CQ going solo is basically suicide. Cosmos can attest to that… or at least he could if he wasn’t dead.

If Lysk gets lynched and Enginish still wont reveal any details I’m guessing Topper will be shutting him down again(?). So I don’t think there’s too much to worry about from CIC just yet.

Maybe tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:.

Sure. I guess we are the four names being thrown around at the moment so perhaps others should join if they want more security here.


While Matt didn’t explain his suspicions of Lysk very well now that he is confirmed human (albeit a dead one) I think his opinion should carry a bit more weight. Generally speaking Matt and I talk a lot during wolf games, and I think the same can be said of him and Lysk. So as far as judges of character go I think Matt makes a pretty good one.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but I have no idea what the system does. You simply assert that it’s a strong human system, but without telling me what it does I don’t have any reason to believe that it is (not that I would even if you told me what it was).
I also reject that your assertion that wolf misuse would easily trace back to you. That would only be the case if the system’s effect (or non-effect) was immediately obvious. No-one’s come forth with any suggestions, so I’m going to say it’s not immediately obvious. If all it does is reduce the chance of system damage, you could be leaving it inactive to damage systems wolves want to take control of.

I don’t see how you expect us to trust you when you go lone wolf on a system.

…So forcibly powering it down every night is a better course of action. Flawless logic. Better to ensure that any possibility of saving systems from damage is removed.

I’m not sure I follow your reasoning here. Could you elaborate?

It was only a suggestion. I have no idea what it does, whether it’s a bad thing or a good thing. I’d rather not let someone be able to take a bad action against the rest of us by themselves, so I took action to prevent that happening.

Which browser are you using and how are you logging in (username/pword, Google, or Facebook)?

2 Likes

Keith, be careful, we lynch and murder in this thread. :smile:

5 Likes

Eh this will take some more time… 100/300+

{The Emperor requested a search party for finding JackBootedThug. The search party found him and he simply said:}
{Trust is a weakness. Loyalty is an illusion.}
{He then proceeded to remove his Mission Impossible style masked revealing Pendrokar, The Quadruple Agent.}

Sorry about the disguise. Just wanted to prove the insecurity of this system. Now if you excuse me, I have a lot of catching up to do.

4 Likes

Latest Firefox, username/pword.

It was this morning, though. Might have been an isolated incident.

EDIT: Nope.

What happens is, I log out, and try to log back in, and the dialogue box pops up. I enter in name/pword, and hit log on. Nothing happens, but when I close the box and go to community, it says I’m logged on.

My guess is that something is simply stopping the site to close the box and redirect, since I do actually log on when I refresh/go to forum.

I guess this is the part where I restate that what I posted was a theory? And that I posted it because no one else was posting theories? If Lysk isn’t a wolf I guess I’m next to be lynched, which would only be fair, but well… I’m human.

No risk no fun? LyskTrevise.

Of course. If anything else, we may gain some useful info.

1 Like

Of course, I would be part of this useful info, joining in on the “bandwagon” :laughing:

Oh boy, I’d say you need 3 hours just to comprehend the whole 250 game posts. So I did a quick look and I’ve had enough. So all I am going to say that Lysk has been way too helpful/active for a wolf.

I was at the ISS game, so I can understand Enginish’s position, it is not something a wolf would die for. Definitely not this early. Enginish’s vote seems like self-defence than anything else.

So you are saying your are not part of the… crew?

Lynchvote Xamino
Repairing Helicopter Bay

1 Like

… was that a Freudian slip?

(Also, lol at “Floridian” autocorrect.) :laughing:

Thinking about it, human is pretty ubiquitous as “the good guy” in these games. So maybe it was just a mistake.

1 Like

Well, you guys have two options if you are acting on my thesis. Lynch me or LyskTrevise. Whomever you lynch you should check the alignment. Ideally this means more people in the medical bay.

If you lynch me I’ll turn out to be human / crew / non-wolf. If you lynch Lysk and he turns out human you can still lynch me, in which case I cost us two lynches (and I’ll still turn out to be human). If he turns out wolf… well, here is hoping. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure what I would have to gain if Lysk doesn’t turn out to be wolf. You’ll obviously have to / should lynch me next then.

Lysk is having some problems posting, so he asked me to post this on his behalf.

2 Likes

Day Extended By +24 Hours

Once again, I’ve got to extend the day due to forum troubles. Lysk contacted me on steam to say he cannot sign in to the forums at all D:

2 Likes

Hi, @Arkenbrien … Maybe you could tell me what you did to get around your problem? I have this same issue. I am using firefox and login/pw as well and am posting this from internet explorer (which I switched to specifically just to see if I can make this post… which is seems I can.) Any help appreciated.

What the heck does that even mean? You have refused to vote in any meaningful way all game, which is the most wolf-like manner of all if you ask me. Refusal to participate removes any suspicions of yourself and keeping attention off of you, while at the same time providing no hints to your alignment one way or the other… I on the other hand have been actively working and providing theories all game…

Really? Dude. Everyone here that played ISS Relatively fast will tell you (yourself included should realize this) that that game was fucked from the start in part because the wolves, mattk50 in particular, expertly manipulated the subsystems. I specifically didn’t state that Mattk50 was dangerous, I said the SUBSYSTEMs were dangerous. In fact, you yourself liked that very posted along with skyentist.

wat. So you’re holding me accountable for the actions of Sane, who has a well recognized pattern of voting for Mattk50 and vice versa in almost every game? I don’t see your logic…

Yeah, after Cybercritic and Mattk50 both piled onto me with four hours remaining in the day to form a majority vote while the rest of you, yourself included, sat back with your thumbs up your arses because you didn’t want to make the hard decisions about who we humans should lynch in order to find out who the wolves are. That situation was the result of your inaction, not my malicious intent. I was FORCED to vote for him if I didn’t want to die. AND he gave NO reasons for voting for me, twice! You’ll also note that many of the same people who voted for Matt are now voting for me… What changed their heart, you might wonder?

What. So now you’re saying Cyber and I are both wolves? What? I nearly had Cyber lynched excepting the final few hours of that day, why the hell would I want Cyber dead if we were somehow working together? That’s preposterous and I KNOW cyber and I will agree on that one.

I wont speak for Sane, but I gave very good and thought out reasoning for all of my votes including the ones against Cybercritic…

For more info, refer to my post #147 and read the pastebin conversation I had with Topper and Skyentist during night one.

And again today… I don’t get it. Both days have seen almost no voting except for in the final hours, none of which can be blamed on me, given that I’ve been discussing and voting almost non-stop since the game went live.

And this is incriminating how exactly? There have been basically no votes from anyone this game because people are pussyfooting around in the shadows.

Again, I don’t see how this incriminates me. In fact, it further proves that my arguments have been sufficiently valid enough to prove my humanness with reasonable success…

Do you even read my posts at all I wonder? I suspect you don’t.

Why don’t you ask King Cosmos how useful he found it? Or Nos Fi? Or Enginish? Or anyone else? If there is one person on it, they are guaranteed to die that night unless they are a wolf. If they don’t die, and they aren’t a wolf, we still can’t believe their scans because they aren’t made public which means you could literally make up any number of scan results and pass them off as truths. If you have multiple people on the system, then you cant trust the other one to not be a wolf, so thus the system is useless. I sincerely doubt you thought about this literally at all. In fact, I feel like you are just typing whatever pops into your head at any given moment just to vote for me.

And if I die today you will be in sole control of the generator, which is fairly convenient since you were so gung-o about shutting down a system last night… Not to mention all the stuff I called you out on during Day one…

You’re right, someone else should join it that way your trigger happy ass can’t have access to a gun, because knowing you, you would just shoot everyone in the game.

In fairness, we all basically knew immediately what it did from the outset, which is why it was voted for in the first place…

Maybe so, and I was hesitant to do so of course, but I felt that CIC was probably extremely powerful (perhaps being able to coordinate a strike from friendly or enemy ships to destroy a system, or perhaps kill all of the occupants of said system. I didn’t think it was wise to let someone as clever as you be solo on CIC, given your unwillingness to come forward. But it is what it is now.

It seems sound? It is far from it.

First of all, the only contact I had with matt was me asking him if he was a wolf casually like I do with everyone I know in literally every game. I asked Enginish, I ask you, I asked matt. I usually ask Cise, but he didn’t want to play (although no matter what Cise says I always assume hes a wolf anyways). I don’t see how I can defend myself against what is basically a guess, and I don’t see why you should follow one either…

Well if you’re a wolf then you take out one of the most active and experienced players in the game still remaining… That’s kind of a big deal, no?


Sorry for the humongous post. Funny how when everyone thinks the day is about to end there is a flurry of activity but never when there is time remaining… Suspicious, no? Please read and consider what I’ve said. I don’t think Xamino is a good lynch target today (surprisingly, I don’t think of myself as a good lynch target either >:l), and I have only voted for him in self defense. He has at least sparked discussion today (albeit at my expense… ), which is better than I can say about most people this game.

2 Likes

It just occurred to me that I should probably vote for Xamino in a separate post because when I did vote for him I did so through Enginish, so to make it super-duper-official:

Xamino