The Wolf Game - SS Black Swan - Day 6 - Everybody Dies, Traitors Win

I’m guessing that meant JBT was a wolf, otherwise you ought to have replaced him with a dead humie :expressionless:

I don’t follow your logic, there is no indication of alignment here. NobleBrutus replaced Terran instead of JBT because the RNG said so…

But that means we’re now short a player, that’s what I’m getting at.

If we only started with 16 players, and you inserted 4 wolves into the game, we’re potentially losing 3 humans today.

Unfortunately yes you could be - inactive players can ruin a wolf game very easily :frowning:

If anyone would like to join the game by replacing JackBootedThug please PM me before this game day ends (~24 hours, assuming website errors are fixed).

Maybe @Cise ?

I am having a hard time logging on for some reason. The dialoge window wouldn’t go away when I hit the log on button, but when I closed it out and went to the forums, it logged me as on.


I too, @xamino, am curious as to how you’ve reached your conclusion. The only connection I see is a lack of one. Which I suppose is a decent connection in its own right, as the wolves’ strategy might be not to be seen together.

My theories are based on two things specifically: one, LyskTrevise has consistently voted in a wolf-like manner. So let us see, under the assumption (and again, I am not sure enough in my theories to vote on them yet, as previously stated) that LyskTrevise and The_Sane are wolves:

On day one LyskTrevise immediately points out that Mattk50 had been dangerous in the last game. However, he does not vote for him. As a wolf, this could be seen as placing the seeds of doubt. Not voting for him keeps the suspicion even lower though. So instead The_Sane votes for him in the hope of starting a random bandwagon on him to lynch a potentially capable human player right on day one. This kind of backfires when the rest of us start discussing how to distribute the system roles, so the plan is thrown out to keep suspicion low (hanging on to the vote would have been very un human like).

Day two muddles the waters a bit. But it ends with the death of Mattk50, a now proven human. In total, a lot of voting concerning my suspects hinges around the presumption that wolves talk behind our backs and discuss who votes for whom to keep any apparent votes for real wolves harmless. Which would explain LyskTrevise’s vote for Cybercritic on day two when the two voted for each other.

On both days there has been a real voting fight going on between LyskTrevise and The_Sane versus Cybercritic. That plus the knowledge of who was human (Skyentist, Mattk50, and King_Cosmos) hints towards group one being more wolf like. All other personal accusations are derived under the assumption that this is correct, which is why I put brackets around the rest.

This theory is very much just that. However, to dismiss or reaffirm it, we need more input from @cybercritic and @Lomsor, possibly also anyone else from the bracketed people. Both The_Sane and LyskTrevise are comparatively active (as they should be, another reason I am hesitant to vote for them).

Agh, no editing:

Meaning The_Sane and Cybercritic.

I really don’t know what I could add to the discussion. My vote yesterday was due to how out of nowhere the voting on Lysk came, it backfired, leaving me clueless. Further, I didn’t have any contact with anyone in private (except system interactions) that I could act upon or disclose.
I would probably have voted on someone I think is suspicous … but I don’t think anyone is anymore :frowning: … at least not enough for me to jump on.

If no lynch happens today, I also wouldn’t expect for the wolves to appear at the end and just kill off someone. That would have worked yesterday, but it’s just to conflict free today for that.

1 Like

My theory is as follows, Lysk is my prime suspect.

First off he was the second vote 2 times, once going with Matt the other time with Sane against me, also he has maneuvered his way from being nearly lynched twice, once when he tried to get Topper lynched, I seem to have ruined that plan by accident and once leading the vote on Matt after his attempt to have me lynched failed and as soon as he was once again in lead of being lynched.

Second, Lysk barges into the QC thread and very quickly suggests that he should be a target of CQ for the night, I’m assuming this is so he can claim that he was “cleared” by the CQ, however CQ is not designed for this and his clearance is very weak, but yet he still brought it up in this thread.

Third, Lysk comes out of the CQ and claims that it’s “useless”, yes, the CQ is useless for the wolves, it’s a very powerful system in human hands and it demands that wolves put someone in CQ if there is a human there. I think this is why King got lynched, they couldn’t afford a human to have control of it.

So those are my suspicions and I also suspect that more than one wolf voted to get rid of Matt if Lysk is a wolf.

Also, watch this vote for Lysk end up in me being dead. I’m willing to switch my vote if Enginish’s sole ownership of a system is more of a concern.

1 Like

/edit
Sorry not Matt, Skyenist.

Terran, Noble’s twin brother, rolled awake where he’d been sleeping next to the gang plank.As he rubbed his eyes he heard a ‘splosh’ and peered over just in time to see his brother fall into the sea. Terran sighed - it was a shame to be sure, he and Noble got along well. But if that was the will of Antamera who was he to argue? So Terran merely shrugged his shoulders and went in search of the captain to relay the news.

I have a lot of catching up to do. I will post when I can.

4 Likes

Player substitution: Pendrokar replaces JackBootedThug

It seems the man overboard reports for JackBootedThug were premature. He walked onto the bridge, demanding that everyone instead refer to him as Pendrokar now.

The Day Will End In 12 Hours

4 Likes

If you’re right, then I’m more likely to die. If he’s a wolf, he would have sole ownership of the Generator if I get bumped off tonight, which is a fairly important system.

However, I’m still not sure if I distrust him more than Enginish, who has outright refused to reveal the role of the CIC. I guess it doesn’t really matter. I’m determined not to let him use it until he tells me what it is.

His vote for today is on my system Topper, along with Sane, and knowing Martin likes to put a gun into play, I would actually suggest someone else joins.

Imagine that a single person had given repaired crew quarters on day 1. Would it have been a good idea to publicly reveal the function of CQ or keep it secret? Which would enable the system to be used more effectively?
Another point: powering down the CIC had no foreseeable benefits to you yesterday, if you’re a human. If I were a wolf, any mis-use of the system could easily have been traced back to me today. If I’m a human (I am) you’re denying the humans the use of a strong system.
Lysk and you both should have seen this, so the easiest conclusion for me to draw is that one or both of you are wolves. Since only one of you has a vote on you, I vote Lysk.

It should also go without saying that if I end up getting lynched, I’ll reveal the CIC’s function, request an autopsy, and demand a plank-walking execution.

I’m not really liking how quickly this bandwagon developing, but the reasoning seems sound.

Lysk. At the least, hopefully we can glean some useful info from this.


I believe somebody wanted help in the weapons locker?


Back to math…

2 Likes

Welcome to the new players.

Actually I’ve kinda started a ritual for the first days vote, much like other people always vote for one another on day one. Matt played a very good wolf on the ISS game and so the next game (the train) I voted to lynch him day one, saying we should lynch him just to be safe… Turns out he was a wolf again. So again this game I stated we should lynch him… just to be safe.

I agree. I had experience of this system in the ISS game and if you get a single unexplained name on the report then you’re in business… However it is entirely useless if there is a wolf on the system crew, and achieving a human only crew is difficult. Even if there is a trusted human going on CQ going solo is basically suicide. Cosmos can attest to that… or at least he could if he wasn’t dead.

If Lysk gets lynched and Enginish still wont reveal any details I’m guessing Topper will be shutting him down again(?). So I don’t think there’s too much to worry about from CIC just yet.

Maybe tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:.

Sure. I guess we are the four names being thrown around at the moment so perhaps others should join if they want more security here.


While Matt didn’t explain his suspicions of Lysk very well now that he is confirmed human (albeit a dead one) I think his opinion should carry a bit more weight. Generally speaking Matt and I talk a lot during wolf games, and I think the same can be said of him and Lysk. So as far as judges of character go I think Matt makes a pretty good one.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but I have no idea what the system does. You simply assert that it’s a strong human system, but without telling me what it does I don’t have any reason to believe that it is (not that I would even if you told me what it was).
I also reject that your assertion that wolf misuse would easily trace back to you. That would only be the case if the system’s effect (or non-effect) was immediately obvious. No-one’s come forth with any suggestions, so I’m going to say it’s not immediately obvious. If all it does is reduce the chance of system damage, you could be leaving it inactive to damage systems wolves want to take control of.

I don’t see how you expect us to trust you when you go lone wolf on a system.

…So forcibly powering it down every night is a better course of action. Flawless logic. Better to ensure that any possibility of saving systems from damage is removed.

I’m not sure I follow your reasoning here. Could you elaborate?

It was only a suggestion. I have no idea what it does, whether it’s a bad thing or a good thing. I’d rather not let someone be able to take a bad action against the rest of us by themselves, so I took action to prevent that happening.