I’m gonna go with the Weapons Locker for now, unless there is a systems voting strategy.
just as a sidenote, my idea I was hinting at, was to constantly desperate measure the living shit out of the sonar and repair it after doing so. Not a good idea. It doesn’t block the guaranteed attack. As it also turned out, after you desp. measured the sonar, you have a chance of 2 sub attacks the next night.
Current system crews:
Generator - LyskTrevise, Topperfalkon
SONAR - dekaku, Arkenbrien
CIC - Enginish
AAA - The_Sane, Lomsor
Med Bay - cybercritic, xamino, Nos_Fi
I think this is accurate. For peace of mind it would be good to get @Arkenbrien to confirm what dekaku has told us of SONAR. @Lomsor should probably do the same for AAA.
And for the sake of detecting suspicious groupings here are the previous occupants (that aren’t confirmed human) of CQ and Propulsion:
Crew Quarters - cybercritic, Nos_Fi, LyskTrevise, Enginish
Propulsion - Lomsor, xamino, Topperfalkon, Arkenbrien, The_Sane
I’ll also point out that if both inactive’s are removed from the game that leaves 11 of us (10 after lynching) and there are currently 5 damaged systems.
Unfortunately I’ll continue to do so. CIC is a pretty nifty system, but it’s usefulness is lessened considerably if the wolves know what it does.
In any case… If this were an ordinary wolf game, I’d be under no obligation to hand over details of my secret role to the public thread, and for good reason.
A tidbit though: CIC has no desperate action, and is great insurance against wolf takeovers of other systems.
Gonna go man the Helicopter Bay. I’ll comment again once I’ve re-read the thread armed with knowledge of Matt’s alignment.
Weapons Locker
Only because we all know what happened last time we let cybercritic have a gun.
More to come soon, just dont have a good time to post yet.
Thanks for that summary.
So tonight’s wolf kill won’t give us any clues.
CQ was manned by one human and that was a threat they had to remove.
But it got me thinking about there night one kill.
In night one we had two repair groups.
One was big (7 persons i think) and repaired an unimportant system, the other was smaller (5 persons) and repaired a system that could have been dangerous for them.
If I were a wolf i would kill one that small group.
The humans then think the wolfs are trying to take the system over and that leads to lynchings and distrusting in the provided information’s.
They choose not to do that. My theory now is that they had two wolf in that system. Because of that a kill inside the small group would have backfired.
The CQ group had the following players in it:
LyskTrevise Enginish cybercritic Nos_Fi King_Cosmos.
- King_Cosmos has been killed by wolfs --> human
- I know that I am not a wolf
–> If my theory is right 2 out of the 3 remaining CQ members are Wolfs…
My guesses are LyskTrevise and Enginish because that’s what saved LyskTrevise yesterday:
Both true, but they both know that scanning LyskTrevise did NOT proof that he is human.
A wolf simply needs to skip his kill vote to avoid detection.
We only scanned him because we had NO target that would have revealed anything.
This was discussed in the CQ thread, they both knew that.
I can understand why Lysk didn’t mention it, nobody want’s to by lynched.
But Enginish backing it up and failing to mention it too. Suspicious…
I have to blame myself a bit for what happened to Mattk50. I didn’t vote and made it possible for them to turn the vote.
My main problem here is: “Daychange” is in the middle of the night were I live…
Kill Vote: Enginish
I can confirm dekaku’s description of the SONAR. It’s not a particularly powerful system, unless the wolves are somehow connected to the subs or subs can damage systems, both I’m guessing are likely scenarios. Subs might even be able to kill/maim humans.
Repair Vote: Radar
If the Sonar is not dangerous then the Radar might by similar and can be crewed by one person.
Man, I hoped I would have helped the cause, but it looks like I jumped on a small mistake, again. I should really be more cautious when it comes to such things, but I didn’t have to not vote again, it felt right … but sadly wasn’t.
I have the feeling that we are loosing this … sure it’s early but normally by this point there is some momentum for wolf group theories, I didn’t see one yet.
One other reason why Cosmos was killed could be to induce theories for Matts Wolfiness … though that’s a little to far fetched. It’s more probable that they wanted to deactivate the crew quarters for good … if no one is in there who repaired it, no one can use it until it’s repaired again.
I can confirm that AAA is indeed how Sane described, we loaded it and let it continue to fire on hostile targets.
I’ll also repair the Helicopter Bay.
Good idea. I’ll read through everything tomorrow and choose whom to vote for following that.
While I guess it’s better than everyone laying low, the sudden flurry of votes at the end of the day caught me by surprise a little. I found xaminos vote against me a little interesting… It was a late vote with little explanation that avoided taking part in the “main” lynch choices. Matt had just taken the lead, and in anticipation of him being dissected & confirmed human its possible xamino wanted to avoid being one of the players who voted for the lynch. Also he voted for me, so I’m a little biased he must be a wolf. Other than that I can’t see much right now… Matt may have been a wolf past two games but he was great for bouncing theories off of
I wish you hadn’t killed him.
I’m going to join the Weapons Locker. A system with “weapon” in the name deserves a few crew members for security.
So to start out with:
- I can confirm that the information Topper provided about the generator is accurate.
- We did indeed both decide to shut down CIC last night as a precautionary measure. (See below)
Actually I did mention it, just not in that particular post. I did mention in my very first post of that day that CQ was basically useless at proving anyone’s innocence. I merely brought it up in my defense as “just one more reason not to lynch me”. Topper asked someone to confirm it, and so Enginish did.
Actually, the theory that Engine and I have been working together couldn’t be farther from the truth, and we’ve been engaged in heated discussion these last couple of days, especially after I voted to shut down CIC last night with Topper, something I would not have done if we were working together.
Normally, when Engine is a human and I contact him, he makes some attempt to work with me until he can ascertain my alignment better. This never even got started this game, despite me reaching out to him like normal. Thus, my initial suspicion, which ultimately led to the very difficult decision to block CIC last night, as I said.
CIC is supposedly very powerful, but he refuses to acknowledge why, and I also want to point out this says nothing about his alignment since both a human and a wolf might do the same. However, it was a risk Topper and I had to take at least until today so that the larger group could discuss it.
I disagree, unfortunately Matt didn’t give any reason for his votes usually (except I think once on cybercritic later in day one), and so it is hard to say what he would or wouldn’t have said if he had posted again. Obviously I voted against matt yesterday in self defense, but even if he had done the same thing to someone else I think I would have voted for matt still, given his random accusations with no logic or theory behind them. But, that doesnt mean everyone that did vote for matt was innocent either. It simply means we haven’t learned much, unfortunately due to people’s unwillingness to engage in conversation like I had done so far.
As far as the night kills go, @Nos_Fi, I don’t think we can really say much. Skyentist was probably a random kill as usually goes for night one, and King Cosmos practically committed suicide by going to CQ alone. Always use the buddy system! But we need to do more analysis like you have done so far, so keep providing theories please, as everything we say can be used later on in the game.
Ha, no. I wasn’t avoiding anything because I hadn’t voted for anyone before (no vote). Avoiding would have meant I’d had voted for Mattk50 before. Don’t take the vote seriously, I voted for you because it had no chance of lynching someone while avoiding another no vote.
Of course you do, you voted to lynch him. 
… That was kinda my point. Being seen to participate but avoid taking part in the actual lynch.
Ah, okay. Well yes, that my goal. Since I had no information on whom to lynch and wanted to avoid lynching anyone needlessly, I avoided partaking in the vote to lynch Mattk50. Who turned out to be human. So I don’t really see your point except if you want to suggest I was a wolf, saw that a human would be lynched, and decided to play it safe? Which might be credible, but then, I’m human. Prove otherwise, or are we not innocent until proven guilty?
I think you are overly attached to me having voted for you. Even though my reason for voting for you was pretty much nonsense. In fact I think I would even have had a serious reason to vote for you based on your unwillingness to trust in the random generation for a non lynch matter.
Looking back at day one, you actually voted for Mattk50 right off the bat. May be coincidence, may not be. If you are a wolf I think you were hoping to lynch off an active player right on day one where you could say it was an accident, after all, votes on the first day are seldom cast with any knowledge, right? This all seems fishy to me.
The Bartender opened a can of sardines and began slurping them down one after another, oblivious for the moment of the oil dripping into his beard from the fish.
Here is the final lynch vote groupings, people in italic are dead.
Kreydis - Topper+Skyenist+King
Mattk - Lysk+Lomsor+Enginish+King
Well, now I’m even more worried I’m going to be killed off tonight…
Lynch votes from day one you mean? What are you referencing?
Day one and day two, the two people that got lynched and who voted for them.
So as promised I went back and took a look at everything. Sadly not a lot to go on. The following is from my perspective:
Day 2: LyskTrevise states that CQ bugged him at night and no action could be seen. A mysterious ploy to play into the trust of humans? Tune in next week to find out! The_Sane votes for Cybercritic, immediately countered by a vote for The_Sane by Cybercritic. LyskTrevise votes for Cybercritic. Cybercritic votes for Topperfalkon. TerranAmbassador votes for Cybercritic. Lomsor votes for The_Sane, The_Sane retaliates. Mattk50 votes for Lysk. Cybercritic votes for LyskTrevise. LyskTrevise switches to Mattk50, followed by Lomsor, Enginish. I vote for The_sane, King_Cosmos votes for Mattk50.
So depending on whom you trust, I see two camps come to light (those in brackets are based on simple feeling, nothing concrete):
- LyskTrevise, The_Sane, (Topperfalkon), (TerranAmbassador).
- Cybercritic, (Lomsor), (Enginish).
Currently, I’m more inclined to believe Cybercritic to be human. The voting against him has a certain group mentality. And while humans don’t know anything on day one, wolves do. Plus, while group one has a certain group mentality about them, group 2 doesn’t.
I’m not sure if I want to act on my suppositions, but I let them air for others to work with in the hope of helping us humans. I may well have overlooked something obvious, I’m kind of tired. 