The Wolf Game - Panic Station - Werewolves Win!

@martindevans was the “alchemist” you or a player?

1 Like

Based on Borkis’ previous conversations with martin, Borkis is willing to wager he can’t answer that question

I can’t answer that question. :expressionless:

1 Like

For all we know it could turn you into a wolf lol. I would be willing to take the risk and drink it though. FOR SCIENCE! It could also be poison from a wolf.

edit: i changed my mind. I won’t drink it.

There is really a lot to reply to, so please excuse me if I don’t get to everything.

I want to start with Enginish’s biggest point, that I wouldn’t ever share info, which is a bold faced lie. I stared off the game by attempting to cooperate and gave him basic details about my role. I gave him info about my inventory and about possible plans. I made clear efforts to build trust and did so by providing info, not demanding it. I never grilled him. Each time he refused to reciprocate or participate even on the most basic level. This combined with how he’s acted lead me to think he was a wolf.

I can understand your concerns and I want to try and work with everyone to solve this puzzle. I don’t have any other answer for you other than, yes you are to believe I am in contact with the vigilante. I can’t publicly reveal at the moment how I came to work with The Vigilante, but I had info that helped them trust me. This should be supported by the out come of the night. We know that the Wolf kill failed last night, and we know I was protected, so we can confirm I am a human.

I used this opportunity to come up with a way to agitate/ scare my prime wolf suspect in to attacking me. If it didn’t work, it would just blow back on me and it would have been up to me to defend myself from looking weird the next day, but instead the kill was blocked just like I predicted. I wouldn’t have risked looking so erratic if I didn’t think I was really on to something.

Not possible, The_Sane can’t be misleading me because I’ve not talked to him. I can’t state this enough, but I think it’s clear Enginish attacked me based on my plan to reveal wolfs and now it’s backfired on him.

Interesting stuff going on for sure.

But first off:

I was myself surprised and baffled to see Lucas not defend himself. But I didn’t know who else to vote for, except for that eager Kreydis, but I hadn’t more reason for him either.
There wasn’t any other option.
You voted for Cise … with no apparent reason, then let the day pass without any word. So don’t point the finger on me. If you, or anyone else for a matter of fact, had brought any argument or suspicious talk more founded then: “Look this guy wants us to stay here.”, I probably would have changed my opinion.


I suspected the tunnel to be a rather pro wolf thing. But I don’t see any tracks leading over the mountain, maybe that big open plain is the pure opposite of the tunnel and gives us two days? I agree, lets advance to The Longest Tunnel.

Good that this night was without a loss. I don’t really know what to think of the explanations from Cosmos and Matt. After all, it’s mostly based on the assumption that no item stopped the night kill but the specific role. I don’t like those over obvious ploys of “Yep now I’m comfirmed.” Not that I disagree that it’s strong evidence. Just saying that doubt has his place even when presented with the strongest evidence.

Topper’s ears burn at the sound of his name being proclaimed in an accusatory fashion

“What makes me any more of a suspect than… anyone else?” he shouts in Borkis’ general direction

Topper is on the brink of calling for his blood, but then calms down and sees reason

Topper looks at the track ahead… "Uh, can we like not? It’s bloody dark in there."
Topper doesn’t have any better ideas though, so goes back to mumbling quietly in the corner about how the rail network was so much better when it was nationalised and there were less murderers and real first class dinners and the like

I’m going to wait a bit longer before I post anything substantial… sorry. Have some RP instead though :smile:

1 Like

Stop editing things!

4 Likes

I’m sorry! don’t kill me :cry:

1 Like

Is this actually true? It’s probably unorthodox, but I’ve never heard that the wolves can’t attack each other. The only reason they ever would though is if they can convince someone to protect the target wolf.

I can’t think of a better (albeit risky) way to get a wolf confirmed human.

Topper shrugs and goes back to his corner

As promised:
Cosmos- This inventory thing looks cool. I like it.
Enginish- I mean, we shall see. I’ve got some dough, so hopefully I can use it to buy something useful tomorrow
Cosmos- So what about you? What kind of [passenger] are you?
Enginish- I’m just a reglar passenger man. Who may or may not have a role.
Cosmos- Ye be wolf or human?
Enginish- I’m not sure why you even asked that lol. I mean, what are you expecting here?
Cosmos- Some entertaining thing?
Enginish- Possibly? I don’t want to elaborate yet, but it could be… Important, if not entertaining. If you’re a wolf then ignore that.
Cosmos- Lol. Well I’m human, but I know I have a few items that will make life interesting.
Enginish. Well… One step at a time.
A DAY PASSES
Cosmos- So Enginish. Can you tell me anything about that interesting role you said you had? Do you need any items to make it work? I might be able to help with that.
Enginish- I do not need any items to make it work. That’s all I’ll say for the moment though.
Cosmos- Ok. I might be able to acquire items rather easily. I’m limited only by cash. I can get you what you need if you give me the cash.
Enginish- Spiffy. Like I said, not needed right now.
Cosmos- What do you do? I wanna start verifying people.
Enginish- “Verifying”. Remember rule #1 man. I don’t necessarily trust you yet. Just give it a bit. It’s day 1 lol.
Cosmos- That’s why I’m trying to build trust and goodwill.
Enginish- Fair. But think about how dangerous it is to tell people your role on day 1. Keep some tricks up your sleeve man.
END DAY/ NIGHT ONE
Cosmos- So Lysk is dead.
Enginish- I saw this. Just glad it wasnt me lol. Talked to Martin though, his body didn’t get tossed off the railing, so revive is maybe possible
Cosmos- Can you do that Rez? Did he tell you what he was before he died?
Enginish- No and no
Cosmos- He didn’t tell you anything?
Enginish- Negative. Also, my role was taken away from me last night. You’re not responsible, are you? You’re the only one I told about it.
Cosmos- Nah. Couldn’t if I wanted to. you never gave me details anyway. So are you the Doppelganger?
Enginish- Nope. Just without a role.
IRL CONVERSATIONS
Basically a repeat of above. I offer to tell him my role if he reveals more information about his. He refuses. We exchange some item ideas, Padlocks, rope, guns, etc.
DAY PASSES- 30 MINUTES LEFT IN NIGHT
Cosmos- Enginish, fast. What items do you have? I might have a tricky maneuver.
Enginish- you have given me like zero reasons to trust you. Tell me the maneuver then I’ll see if I can help you.
Cosmos- Arg! I’ve given you a lot and we don’t have time. Do you have anything ‘holy’ we can sacrifice? Yes or no.
Enginish- you told me one small feature of your role and nothing else. Don’t take this the wrong way man but I totally think you’re a wolf, trying to strip me of items before you kill me, know what I mean? Either that or this is an attempt to confirm something you already know. Anyways, to answer your question: Yes I do and no you can’t have it. Gonna have some stern words with apparently untrustworthy people. And did you really just ask if I had anything holy to sacrifice? Who says yes to that?
Cosmos- Look. I know a low more than it looks like, but I promise I’m human and my plan is going forward with or without you.
Enginish- Let it go on without me then. I’m not gonna follow a plan I know no details about.
Cosmos- It’s part of my ace in the hole. I’m trying to use special items to mark the wolfs after their kill tonight. More items means more marked wolfs. That’s about as much as I can say without giving away anyone else’s identity.
Enginish- Well, count me out for now. That’s not gonna cut it.

Read that and tell me honestly that you would have trusted Cosmos with anything valuable. Also:

False. We know the wolf kill failed and nothing else. You yourself told me before the game that if you were a wolf, you would want to try a tricky maneuver like not killing anyone and setting yourself up as the guardian angel. You’ve got probability on your side right now, but you are absolutely not a confirmed human.

I’m just gonna leave that ‘wolfsbane’ thing alone right now. I could wax bitterly about how handy it would have been to have a role scanner (my ex-role, for those who don’t know) who could have confirmed the presence of an ‘alchemist’, but… Well, we know who to blame for that one.

Just realized the above post was a reply to Aquila, but ended up being about Cosmos, as he posted while I was drafting the response to Aquila.

Aquila: If someone makes a reasoned, thoughtful, in-depth defense it should strengthen their position, not further incriminate them. Bringing up comparisons to the way I played in past games is fallacious, this is just how I respond when people sling unreasonable accusations at me.

you may think that, but bringing up comparisons to past games has been a valid tactic for as long as I can remember. IN FACT I believe some people did it to me last game, and lysk has done it to me numerous times.

1 Like

Topper’s ears twitch

“That almost sounds like a motive there…”

Enginish has selectively chosen texts from the first day and yesterday, where I’ve attempted to lure him in to attacking me. I intentionally wanted to make my self sound like a target for him to attack. This certainly leaves out conversations from real life, where no such transcripts exits, where he was cagey and I provided more than my fair share of info.

No, we don’t. I promise you that sure wasn’t me, but I’m glad for whoever did it.

If you don’t like it, I would be forced to point out bringing up a strategy I joked about before the game started is the exact same sort of unreasonable accusation as pointing out your previous malicious behavior. Yes, I thought the GA would be an interesting cover for a wolf, but so would a lot of roles like medic or seer. You admit it yourself, it’s much more reasonable that I am a human who was protected than a wolf who went through an elaborate plot to attack myself. It is also very likely that if I was attacked in the night it was for a reason. Enginish was the only one with a reason to attack me on the night I intentionally made myself a target.

I provided everything that existed in text form. There were no omissions, besides meaningless jabber.

Conversations in real life happened after the first few rounds of texts. I had reasons to be cagey. Cosmos provided no new info besides what was available to purchase in the shop.

You’ve claimed to be able to visit the shop at any time, and to copy roles from other people. Martin told me my role was confiscated by The Conductor. There is only one logical conclusion I can draw here.

I merely brought up the joking strategy to refute the idea that you are a guaranteed human. I am in no way saying it was likely or even a relevant topic of discussion past that.

There is a difference between saying something isn’t admissible as hard evidence and using a theoretical possibility to refute someone’s claim that they are a guaranteed human. I could perform a logical proof if it’s required.

If you were attacked during the night then of course there was a reason. You’re just ignoring every possible reason except the one that looks most amenable to your convoluted theory! Maybe the wolves were trying to frame Sane, who voted for you mysteriously on the second day? Who knows?

I have reasonably responded to every single claim you’ve made against me. I’ve even acknowledged that you’re probably human. You, on the other hand, are being jingoistic, irrational, and stubborn, and you’re absolutely convinced that you’re right. You’ve refused to even acknowledge any other possibility!
This is not how reasonable people play the wolf game!

So enlighten us…

Since when is it fun to play reasonably? :stuck_out_tongue:

On topic: I’m torn. I really am, otherwise I’d finally vote today after refraining yesterday. Anybody have any last minute information to share?

4 Likes

There are still 27 more hours left on this day.

3 Likes

I’d edit it to “last hours information”, but well… ^^