The Wolf Game - Panic Station - Werewolves Win!

I’m going to add some RP I meant to add last night, then hit the sack.

[quote]WAIT FOR ME!!!

As the carriage doors closed, the pellucid cloaked figure squeezed through the disappearing crack. *Something* was in the *quite* large satchel he carried on his back.

Clearly disgruntled, the small figure burst into a diatribe:

I can’t BELIEVE the inconsideration of the people here. I mean, I make one small ‘mistake’ while giving an overly-pampered babe a manicure, a FREE one, mind you, and BOOM! Suddenly you’re public enemy number one!

Clearly, the other passengers were not wholly convinced that the problem that the rouge figure was describing was the one that mattered.

The illusion quickly disappeared into his room, not to be heard (at least coherently - was that chanting?) for the rest of the evening.

[/quote]

2 Likes

I have a very good explanation that I’m willing to back up with lengthy transcripts.
Here’s the semi-short version:
If I were a wolf, killing Cosmos at night would be a bad move. Mostly because he was behaving so astonishingly erratically and playing so badly that lynching him would be an easy feat… Something I was planning on accomplishing today, in fact.

Put yourself in my shoes. Day one, Cosmos grills me for information. I tell him I have a potentially important role, but refuse to elaborate. This gets me suspicious.

If, next morning, you find that your role has been confiscated, what do you do?

Do you, A: Tell him all about your role, which he again, repeatedly and unsolicitedly asks you about?

Or do you, B: Refuse to cooperate on any so-called critical plans because you don’t trust him? Maybe you ask about his role in exchange for information on yours, which, you guessed it, he refuses to talk about?

What about when he asks you, with 30 minutes left in the night, for a potentially important, literally priceless item you have, which you never even told him about?
Do you give it to him even though he won’t say anything about why he needs it?
What about when he says he needs to sacrifice it in a ritual??
And when he finally says that it will somehow magically mark all of the wolves, do you just roll over and say, “yeah, that’s probably legit” or do you say, “I’m not participating in this incredibly shady plan?”

If I were a wolf, this would be what I’d consider the easiest lynch case of my life. I’d kill someone random then just reveal all of his clumsiness and get him deservedly killed.

He never, ever gave me any incentive at all to trust him with sensitive information, then gets incensed when I refuse to supply it.
Before today, his actions simply screamed, ‘I’m a wolf!’ Now, I see I was mistaken: he’s not a wolf, just once again drunk on power with what’s clearly an enormously powerful role.

And come on, how can you say, ‘he’s a usually active player who isn’t saying much’ when literally no one said anything of substance before today? Matt? He’s barely said anything. Sane? Nope. Lucas? Nope. There was nothing important to say so I said nothing. I even told everyone before the game started that I’m working a 9 to 5 job with no internet access or reliable cell phone reception!

Like I said, transcripts later, but I have to transcribe most of it from texts, and I’m out and doing stuff at the moment. Some of the above occurred in conversation, but since Cosmos is probably human he’ll back it up. He has no reason to lie.

TL;DR:
Cosmos is being paranoid, making poor logical leaps, and isn’t thinking through his decisions. I believe he is just failing to see interactions from the perspective of other players.

^^ interesting stuff is interesting.

I’m going to be away for a few days. I’ll try and check in but I may have to resort to using my crap 4 year old smart phone to get on the forum.

I’m hoping someone got something to help stave off the darkness while in Redwarter. It’s probably not worth going back for anything right now as that will just add an extra night on our journey anyway.

Question: Do we get a chance of rockfall and 2 consecutive nights every time we pass through these stops (say if we want to revisit Redwarter later).

I wont vote on destination yet in case anyone has a good ideas for buying items and I’m not available to change my vote.

I thought the same about Cise last game… Oh how wrong I was. T.T

2 Likes

That tunnel seems even worse than this pass. earlier i was hoping there would be something good past maenas, but nope. someone should have bought a map. I think we should keep going forward on the assumption that if we reach the end we might reach some kind of, if not a win conditions, something very helpful. Longest Tunnel

Cosmos’ plan based on enginish’s account doesnt seem very, uh, sane, but enginish doesnt seem to think he’s a wolf either, just being mislead. Sane probably wont like this, but he’s acting a bit strangely, and i think he leaked a bit of information to me he wasnt supposed to. From what i’ve gleaned of the situation behind the scenes, enginish contacted sane about suspicions he held against cosmos lastnight, likely due to that probably nonexistant find all wolves and win the game ritual thing. Cosmos is accusing enginish of attacking him lastnight, but, why would a wolf air suspicions on someone they are about to kill? That’s an easy way to get yourself into a jam, enginish is usually a pretty solid player, i doubt he would do that. So, we have a different conclusion to make.

What i think occurred was that cosmos laid this trap, but has been in contact with another third party who is actually a wolf. This person would have then attacked cosmos in the night in order to create the appearance that this plan had worked. I think that person is sane based on my communications with him on steam up until now, we’ve been chatting since the start of the game(as we usually do). I pressured him for additional information just now, he didnt elaborate but from what i’ve gleaned sane doesnt really want the info that enginish contacted him about cosmos to get out. My conclusion is thus, Sane is a wolf misleading cosmos. Or at the very least, sane is a wolf coordinating with a different wolf in order to manipulate cosmos.

Cosmos, does this ring any bells with your experience so far?

The sane

Alright, well this is interesting, Cosmos is now a confirmed human and he probably knows who the Vigilante/Guardian is. That trap he set did hit a wolf, however the Enginish-Sane connection just complicates things, I’m guessing that one of them is a wolf, assuming nobody else had knowledge of the trap.

As for our next stop, we managed to avoid a death last night, so we are a life up at this moment, so there is no better time to proceed to The Longest Tunnel.

I am replying on the wifi at a motorway services. Replying on my phone just flat out doesnt work. I have had no contact with Cosmos. Enginish passed on his suspicion and i passed mine on to matt. Matt voting for me the moment after i told him i was leaving makes defending myself difficult and drawing the conclusion that I was in contact with Cosmos seems a bit random.

I implied pretty heavily that i thought you were a wolf, but then you said you had to go and asked me not to murder you (uh), i didn’t intend you to be gone at the time but my post was already half written so, oh well.

Cise walks into the car carrying a massive worn and dirty duffle bag making an obnoxious clanking sound as he walked. He had massive black bags under his eyes and for the moment was only concerned about getting his food. As such he left the massive carnage behind and ventured to food car/kitchen or what ever it is.

Upon returning Cise finds everyone still deeply engaged in conversation and approaches the crowd.

"Well this is a fine work of art isn’t it? "pointing at the carnage with his fork.
"You know those wounds and chunks of flesh look like something chopped up those things doesn’t it? still pointing at things with his fork
He turns around and engages Enginish in conversation about how a shovel could have easily been the weapon of self defense here, and gets rather too enthusiastic about talking with his fork and accidentally pokes enginish with his fork causing a small dab of blood to appear. “oh dear, I went and done it again. I’m sorry about that. I have a bad habbit of getting carried away”
“Well I need to clean my shovel, so, you guys have fun”

I vote we Advance to The Longest Tunnel In The World

I fear no wolf.

Edit: im sorry I edited :weary: I went too fast and made silly typos. please forgivveee me! can we all agree that this no editing rule should strictly be applied to changing votes? It’s extremely irritating that I can’t go back and edit my RP because of my “go fast syndrome”

Also I know Aquilla is new and all, but I think this makes day 2 of not joining the discussion?

Apparently Aquila had some kind of problem caused by being a new user which prevented her from posting yesterday.

I don’t fully trust King_Cosmos yet, but his story seems to match up. I’d suggest that the guardian / whatever guard him again next night. We humans need a rallying point.

I’m also all for continuing on to The Longest Tunnel in the World. I hope we get a bonus for reaching the end of the line if we manage. :wink:

Match up with what? Is there information you have to share?

No, “match up” simply with what happened (botched attempt last night). I am woefully out of the loop of any happenings and thus have very little useful information. I can give you one tidbit though: I have money. :moneybag:

1 Like

This has more to do with me being a lot more cautious around you, which given last game no one should blame me for. Of course I’m not going to elaborate to you when I have no reason to trust you. I can’t look at the chat log while I’m away so I’m not sure what exactly I said that made you think there was more to my interaction with Enginish.

Do you ever not do this? :stuck_out_tongue:

Having had time to read the days posts properly I can see that Cosmos may well be human but given both sides of the story he is obviously trying to manipulate the situation, and I’m not ready to instantly believe that the failed kill last night is not also a manipulation. Are we to believe that he is already in contact with a guardian(vigilante)? I have seen nothing to cause me to trust him, let alone go so far as to inform him of a powerful role and plan a trap with it.

Sorry during the last day I was unable to post. Then it was the night and your not aloud to post. So apparently if you are a new user and do not spend time on the other threads you are locked out. When I had My brother asked Martin to look into it for me he figured out the problem. So I’m back!

I have my suspicions with Enginish. I understand everyone has their excuses of why they are not a wolf. Lies are the nature of the game. But I keep thinking back to a previous game, I think it was the one with vampires. ( I use to read the post and talk about the games with my brother and that is how I got interested in it.) One time Enginish was being accused of being a wolf or a vampire and he had this long elaborate post defending himself just like this time. It turned out he was lying. I think he protest to much.

Also @martindevans will confirm last night I was given a special Wolfsbane Potion from the Alchemist. It claims it can protect me from a wolf kill, but I do not trust it. Thoughts?

3 Likes

If martin confirms that it is what is, then I would trust it.

Aquila pulls out a bottle of cloudy liquid from her pocket and shows it to the crowd. Attached to the bottle is a note entitled Wolfsabane potion signed by The Alchemist.

2 Likes

Borkis is intrigued by these events. Borkis queries when this day ends. It is not in a few hours, correct? Borkis loses track of time in this hot summer months