The Wolf Game - Panic Station - Werewolves Win!

I’m on mobile at a gas station so I’m not gonna make a leg thy post this time. Later tonight I’ll post a transcript of a conversation between English and I where I try and make efforts to work with him. I’m not being jingoistic, I’m trying to stay on message and avoid pitfalls. I’m not ignoring other reasons for this either, it’s just none of them are as logical as something I intended to happen actually happening.

I’m going to be out for the remainder of the afternoon and most of the night, but I’ll check in on mobile when I can and try to post for real before I go to bed.

Double checked my texts, found this in the middle of a conversation about Jurassic World:

Time is just after departure from Redwater.

Enginish- Did you ask Martin about an item that could revive Lysk? I forgot to do that yesterday. Also, movie was good?
Cosmos- He never said specifically if any of the items I asked for could Rez. All medical items were out of my price range though. So do you have your powers back? Also [Jurassic World talk]
Enginish- [Jurassic World talk]… Oh and also did not get my role back, no. That’s still mia.

I only added this for completeness, if I were categorizing things I would file it under

There is also some stuff about getting Aquila to actually say something during day 1 and 2, but that’s even less important.
There is literally nothing else. I scoured my text messages, all of them.

Because eager is a bad thing now is it.

“Anywho, Enginish and Cosmos who to pick… very hard when both banters are on a he said she said basis. Oh I know! The Sane begone with and be dead. You obviously tried to silence Cosmos after he attempted to get you lynched at the last train stop!” Kreydis exclaims as he points EXCESSIVELY at Sane.

Also, ONWARDS TO THE PATH OF TEARS! Fowards we go!

1 Like

The plot thickens.

Noble strolls into the crowd. “Let’s put this to rest first, we’re going through the Longest Tunnel.” Then turning to face the spluttering Enginish and Cosmos he continues “You two are a right mess! How uncivilised. But let’s look at the facts; do we know for sure it was Cosmos who was attacked last night? Cosmos, did you get a message saying it was in fact you who was targetted?”

As per usual I’m a bit stuck for time, but I should be around to post again this evening and vote.

Also something else has occurred to me. @Enginish you mentioned about a ‘holy’ item you have/had that Cosmos wants and mysteriously seemed to know about. It doesn’t happen to have any function in line with your old role does it? (Ie if Cosmos nicked your role that would make sense.)

Tonight has kinda turned out to be just really challenging IRL and I don’t really feel like a long post anymore. So I’ll just kinda hit a few point super fast then sleep.

I reread Enginish’s version of our texts and he was sort of right, it’s mostly there, but some of it’s worded differently so I just didn’t catch it all the first time through. None the less, Enginish’s rough transcript does show on day one I tried to give him info willingly in an attempt to confirm other info like roles and items. My offers to provide and confirm information in real life were met with accusations of being a wolf. I never grilled him, I only ever asked to help or asked for his help. His consistent reluctance is part of why I initially distrusted him.

I feel like my conclusions are pretty reasonable. A wolf kill was blocked the same night I was under protection. The same night I attempted to make myself a target to Enginish. I’m really not sure what else you want to hear at this point.

Voting for me solves nothing. If we let the argument between Enginish and Cosmos continue then it will drag on for days for us to only find out that they are both human. It will be a repeat of last game where the argument with Cise acted as a major smoke screen. Lets just kill one and move on with the game. If the one thats left alive is the wolf then he will be in quite a major spotlight for the rest of us.

Well, if we gonna kill one of them I think Enginish is the better option. Cosmos looks like a confirmed human. For the wolves to find the Vigilante, get his trust and then stage a fake attack is a bit too much to be believable, I would expect the wolves to be all over us selling us theories about how the humans should group around Cosmos. I believe that Cosmos is human.

As for my vote on Enginish, Cosmos set a trap and the wolves fell for it, the matter complicating things is that Enginish spoke to others, it could be Sane or somebody else that is a wolf. So Enginish and Sane who knew of the trap besides you?

Cosmos also informed me right before the morning. But I was allready sleeping by then as the “Wolf Game Morning” is at 4am for me.

I agree that it would be a long stretch for the wolves managing to get the protector (whatever he’s called) guarding one of themselves.
But everyone totally ignores the posibility for someone to manage to buy a one use wolf “protector” yesterday and using it. I seem to be the only one seeing that possibility

I think that @martindevans should confirm if such item was for sale, seems a bit too “magical” for me?

A lock to the cabin should have been enough. Shouldn’t it? Would’t have been that magical.

I’m just saying it’s a posibility.

1 Like

I might be incapacitated for the rest of the day (we will see how much anesthetic they use) so i might not be on again before the day end.

In any case, i can confirm that there were door locks for sale yesterday. I read through those logs posted and between that and enginish’s description it feels as if it was intended for something else but is now being used to justify an unrelated occurrence at night. Are we sure that cosmos is even the one that was defended? It’s also still an option that this was all a ploy to confirm cosmos as human, if he himself is a wolf. I think it’'s unlikely, but by no means is he a confirmed human at this stage, we’re lacking too much information.

Sane, if they are both human than do you have a better option besides yourself? This entire situation reeks of some third party manipulation.

2 Likes

[quote]The reddish cloaked individual stepped out from his room, looking very sleepy.

When he emerged he was in the middle of a heated discussion over some letters passed between the cracks between two passenger’s rooms throughout the day and night. Maybe they were lovers.

In any case, the letters were displayed prominently on a table in the lunch lounge, alongside a map of the railroad. A notepad was produced (from *somewhere*), and a quick scribble was taken, a reminder to look over the notes when he had some time.

Stepping out into the open, which was still filled to the brim of implications and accusations, Arkenbrien’s annoying little illusion announced with little regard toward regular conversational etiquette: I say let’s go through the longest tunnel! I hope somebody has a flashlight.[/quote]

2 Likes

Given the RP of the day post, I’d suggest some kind of rope trap would have been more likely. Maybe even some kind of one-use armour.

You know, we kind of missed this in the heat of Cosmos and Enginish hurling accusations at each other.
Some verification that Cosmos was actually targeted would be helpful.

Topper muses briefly. The rest of the passengers seem determined to head into the Longest Tunnel, no matter how terrible an idea it seems. Well, he wasn’t sure it was a good idea, the trinkets on sale at the market seemed a lot more appealing, but given the rather murderous nature of this particular group of people it might be best to just go with it on this occasion.

I can confirm that the armour I found did not have that use. I also looked for but did not find rope. Maybe it would be different for others.

Well, I did inform you before the day start that I would be getting protection from The Vigilante, then the wolfs failed to kill the target, and then Martin labeled the day “Vigilante Justice”. I can’t make Martin name the day in my favor. I feel like that confirms me as receiving a vigilante protect pretty thoroughly over some sort of rope trap.

O yeah. I didn’t notice that. Guess that is true.

I dont quite understand why im an option at all. Point being though that i am human and avoiding making a decision on the point of contention to lynch me instead helps noone. Does your theory of me being a wolf still hold despite it originally being based on an incorrect assumption? Why?

Here are the messages between me and Enginish…
Day one i vote for Cosmos for reasons stated. On day 2 Enginish contacts me:

Alarm bells ring, its very early in the game for this stuff to be happening and the possibility that Enginish is attempting to play me cross my mind. It felt a little convenient that Enginish was directing my attention to someone I had shown I was already willing to vote for. My response is neutral.

I reinstate my vote on Cosmos to indicate I might be an ally to Enginish… and Cosmos might actually be a wolf anyway.

No further communication… If anything I am a little surprised I havent heard from Enginish since then. Ive now properly read the thread so Cosmos’s position has been redeemed a little, though i am still unsure.

2 Likes

Please apreciate how hard it was quoting that many messages and writing the post on a tablet was… My brother has now graduated from uni so ill be back home some time tomorrow.

7 Likes