The Wolf Game - Murder Party - Day 5 - Infiltrators and Nafen win!

I think youre micharacterizing what i said, and besides i was mostly suspicious yesterday. With the information ive gathered so far in the game, im less suspicious lf him now, but like i said theres no way to prove hes a human so ita hard to say. Youll note my rather vague post yesterday about switching to Hollifer, which i seemed to imply i was no longer as suspicious of Cosmos and this is the case.

What is everyones thoughts on why Enginish was targeted last night? Im especially interested in @King_Cosmos answer because of course he is an IRL friend of Enginish’s as am I.

Interesting thoughta by Lomsor so far on the third party killer. Not really sure what to think of it, maybe we could glean some information by thinking about why ark was killed from the perspective of the killer. My own opinion of Ark was that his push to be a second recipient of the poll data was rather suspicious, plus he seemed to be kind of only posting ā€œenoughā€ to not be thought of as AFK eithout really contributing anything. Pretty suspicious play to me. That makes me think that at the very least the third party is likelu to be a hunan.

Id be very interested in knowing Arkenbrien’s alignment if we have a medic among us.

Im going to vote for cybercritic for now. Why havent you posted yet @cybercritic

Interesting post.

On the off chance there is a necromancer or someone with a rez, rezzing enginish would not be a bad idea. Hes confirmed human now, hes a strong player, and having known his role as well it would have been worth keeping around. I think that probably though we dont have a necromancer after the crazy necro games weve had though… lol. Vampires spring to mind…

1 Like

Hmm. To me Ark posted quite plenty. But that’s subjective to some extend of course.
To why Enginish was killed … I don’t really think the infiltrators really know more than who is an Infiltrator and who is not at this point of the game. I guess he was chosen because he seemed competent.
Sound like he may have had an useful role. Necroing him would be an idea … yeah.

Even if the GM underlined it. I’m still not 100% convinced he was staff. He could have been third party. But guess Martin made that ā€œclearā€.

Also. Yeah. Vampires. :confused:

3 Likes

Enginish that is. Changed the ā€œpersonā€ I was talking about without pointing that out. Sorry.

Argh I did it right in the first place … late should just go to bed. Tried to delete this post. Now it’s edited. Sorry Martin.

The Janitor paused his meticulous picking and bagging of various sections of brain to butt into the discussion. ā€œSo we started off with a party for the new spymaster, which soon turned into there being TWO parties and now apparently there is a THIRD party? Well, parties don’t usually reproduce like this but I do know one thing about parties. They can end up messy REALLY fast.ā€

He moved over to his cleaning trolley and continued. ā€œI suggest that nobody eats or drinks anything that somebody else has prepared or given them. Any food and beverages you do have, I suggest keeping very secure.ā€ He tapped his foot against a locked compartment of the trolley with some force, causing the joyous sound of rattling bottles

For now I’ll set my vote to cybercritic merely because I don’t feel I have anything else to go on, I could vote solely on a roleplay reason like I did with Enginish but then he ended up actually dying and now I feel bad.

1 Like

@hollifer Can you give us your thoughts on who you think is suspicious and who you think is not suspicious? Why?

What do you think of enginish’s death and why do you think he was killed?

What do you think of arkenbriens death and why do you think he was killed?

Why do you think you were locked up last night?

Hey all, I seem to have been caught in the one and only lie I will tell in this wolf game. I’ll fess up to it, I didn’t come straight home from work and post, I took a long nap instead. In my defense today totally sucked.

For real though, for right now I’m just going to reply to a bunch of comments that caught my eye as I caught up. They will contain most of my thoughts, comments, and questions.

Historically woodsman/hunter type roles are limited use. It would be insane that a woodsman could kill freely every night, it would totally break the game. It would also be very risky to use such a limited role on night one unless someone had hard info to act on. If there is a third party at war with the infiltrators that would be another thing entirely. That could also potentially explain the high distribution of roles.

A medic that reveals roles the same day would potentially be very powerful. If there is a GA we need to try and get these two together, because even if we had a GA that does a role lockdown that theoretically would be bypassed during a day scan. I have no info to prove that, but based on how previous games have worked that would make the most sense. If we do have a medic that can do a day scan I’d love to see Arks alignment.

So just to be clear here are you saying you were locked down last night? Did you attempt you use a role and get blocked? Do you have any additional info on this like what you attempted to do in the night?

Enginish vouched for TA. He said that based on the speed of his reply and willingness to create randomizing elements he seemed human to Enginish. Since Enginish trusted him to some degree and Enginish has now been proven to be human I’m willing to go out on a bit of a limb for him right now.

That’s tricky. Obviously, I don’t like being on the accused side of things, especially over something so benign. However, I don’t really think a wolf would make such an aggressive character attack on day one because the inactives will basically kill themselves on day one. Lysk later texted me saying his goal was to gather reactions and I think I believe that. Lysk has always had an affinity for aggressive information gathering, he just never gets to do it for this long.

Here is the big question of the day. The way I see it there are 3 reasons the wolfs target would potentially target Enginish. I’ll list them in order of potential likely hood.

  1. He’s historically a very skilled and very active player. He represents a clear threat to the wolfs for one reason or another and they want to start eliminating skilled players first. This has the potential side benefit of shifting attention to Lysk and myself because of our IRL relationship.
  2. RNG. The wolfs have used randomized lists to find targets before to help them remain anonymous, and in this case, Enginish wound up as the first RNG kill. However, we might not know if this is true until the game is over.
  3. Enginish did reveal to me he had a role, but he didn’t tell me what it was. He could have potentially told the wrong person the wrong details of his role and it got him killed. However, I doubt this is the case because Enginish was very guarded about his role and it would have taken something big for him to share role info.

Enginish told me the exact same theory last night almost verbatim, and so I can only assume that the two of you developed this theory together. Ark and I were speaking loosely since day one, he told me he had a role but did not share details with me. Even still I wasn’t very suspicious of Ark. I think it’s likely he was either killed because of his role or because a woodsman type had the same theory as you. There is also the potential for vampires but I think we are all still collectively mulling that one over.

So that’s where I’m at right now. I’ll be on for a while tonight and then I work almost all day tomorrow. I want to try and reply as much as I can.

…A voice, barely discernable, whispers from above. Could this be wisdom from great beyond?..

ā€œDon’t edit postsā€¦ā€

3 Likes

Sorry. My mistake. I saw edits earlier and assumed it was ok without a vote.

For clarity, I did edit the last line of my post to include the possibility of vampires. A theory I’m still mixed on but I wanted stay open to all possibilities.

I really want to thank you for pointing this out because I skimmed right over it without thinking about the implications. If he really was locked in his room then we can confirm 2 of the 8 of roles we know about so far. A poisoner and a serial closet abductor. Cosmos revealed that enginish and Ark both had roles so that brings us up to 4 out of 8 roles gave been accounted for, but only 6 of the original poll are still alive.

Simple observation but worth knowing the possible number of players with roles left.

I need to reread enginish’s and Ark’s posts from yesterday to form a better idea of what’s going on before I can comment but I was not expecting to read about 2 dead when I checked Martin’s post.

1 Like

Ovog came quite out of nowhere, not because he had any special ability to hide, just because he was so regular, nobody noticed him as much.

ā€œAt first glance it seems the general situation is 3 members from the organization(s) are down, but we don’t know who arkebien was in reality.ā€

ā€œSeems Enginish was in the right direction, giving us the weapon of information, and was to be put down by the enemy team. Us surviving members will do best to equally shine, so that neither is more of a target than the rest.ā€

ā€œI will not cast my vote yet, as voting for cybercritic this early, could put us to a disadvantage if he turns alive, for I think he has the most posibility of being a man of goodā€

ā€œAlso, you should ask me about OVOGā€

Well, anyways, if cybercritic doesn’t get back soon, he will die alone, so no need to vote for him as I see it.

Indeed the night was bloody and misterious, I’m wondering if what Ivanka said is merely roleplay, or is it something more sinister.

I’ll think about all this a little bit more, I’m arriving next in approximately 18 hours (Boy, I hope it is enough)

Noble Brutus glanced down at his pager, it had been the secret signal! Emerging from the undergrowth he pranced towards the bunker entrance, his police officer badge glistening brightly. "Weird place for a party? he thought, but still, business was business.

Noble pushed open the stiff metal door and jumped into the bunker, immediately striking a dramatic pose. Where he had hoped the door would give a satisfactory ā€˜clang’ to announce his arrival it instead gave a long whine. Not one to be perturbed Noble noted the sound had at least got the attention of the occupants.

As usual Noble let the anticipation build for a few moments as he quickly scanned the room looking for the telltale signs - the party hats, the embarrassing birthday shirt, the friends who would point him out… but there was nothing.

It’s not like Noble wasn’t used to the hiccups that can occur when booking a surprise act for a birthday but for some reason Noble stopped - perhaps it was that he couldn’t believe anyone would have a birthday in such a damp and dreary room, or maybe because all the faces staring at him seemed to have the same haunted look…

ā€œHey! This is the spy party right?ā€ Noble said with a wink, somewhat keeping his usual gleeful composure. But it was then that he caught sight of the object on the table… it… it looked like a knife… but its bigger than a telly! And … and … is that blood!!! Noble raised his hand and opened his mouth as if to scream but instead fainted falling forward onto the ground.

It was clear he’d take a while to come around after that.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I have nothing that resembles a theory at this point and I’m trying to make it up as I go along.

My best guess for why Enginish and Ark were killed is simply because of them being experienced players, as has been stated before. My luck, I suppose.

The role might just be a scan on lynches and nothing else. It’s a risky way to detect alignment.

He could have shared it with someone he thought he could trust, but given past plays with Enginish, that doesn’t sound like a move he’d make on Day 1. He was probably targeted because he’s an experienced player (and obviously human).

I’m at work and need some time to process today’s discussion. I’m putting my vote on cybercritic until he shows himself

Risky how? I don’t really understand your statement.

It appears cybercritic does not have internet. Or that’s what he posted on the discord. He may have given up on reading all this on his phone. Typing on phones is horror after all.

I find those edge people a little suspicious. Nafen and TheBrickWall … just a result of their posting behaviour though.

In the sense you have to kill someone to detect their alignment. Which admittedly is how the Medic normally works. Sorry, I’m at work, wasn’t really concentrating enough.

ā€œI assure you, mate, if I was a traitorā€¦ā€ Megarith grunted out, his lower half sticking out of a maintenance tube. He crawled the rest of himself out of the shaft and closed it back up with routine movements. Finally, he wiped the sweat off his head with his arm and continued: ā€œā€¦I’d just grab myself an air canister, lock myself in a room, and turn the ventilation off on all levels with my control pad. No way I’d go ahead and stab and poison people just for the hell of it.ā€

ā€œNow, if you’ll excuse me, ā€˜detective’, someone has to keep us all alive now that the automated life support functions are missing a junction router.ā€ With that, he stashed away his tools, checked all his pockets once more, and hobbled off.

2 Likes

That’s one weird way of doing a medic, imho.

Normally a Medic is a night role on a previous lynch to detect alignment. So you still have to kill someone to figure out what alignment they had, but with the added risk of the medic being targeted before they get to use the role.