The Wolf Game - Murder Party - Day 5 - Infiltrators and Nafen win!

I think I was locked up last night due to pure happenstance.
Its too early in the day for me to harbour any suspicions.

To clarify, I attempted to use my role but was locked in my room.

Okay. I think its time we had everyone come forward. We need to know who has roles and who doesn’t. I know personally 8 people had or have roles. I wont reveal them publicly because I don’t want to betray their trust. I’ll let that be their decision.

However, that number matches the poll results. So if the poll ISNT a flat out lie, and I now suspect it is, then we need our 4 roleless humans to come forward. This is very important, and if you truly have no role, you have nothing to lose. If you are a roleless human and you are killed at night, then we can at least confirm you were telling the truth and gain valuable information and on top of that we wont lose a valuable role for our team.

Just to reiterate, thats 8 out of 15 players. More than half of the field. I myself am one of them, just to get the ball rolling. Pun intended.

Now hold on there, buckaroo.

I may be new, but even I know that it would be suicide to flat-out tell the infiltrators who our valuable players are.

You revealed you had a role in your first or second post. What kind of response is this? -__-

Will the real roleless players please stand up? Put one of those fingers on each hand up, and be proud to be without a role and not in control, so one more time loud as i can, who will show?

There is no point in me hiding it, I am a roleless humans. I’ve told a handful of people and I have no idea how many people they have told so at least a few eyes will be on me expecting me to come forward. On the whole I don’t mind coming forward. I have no other options available to me other than to discuss the issues and ask questions. However that being said…

I doubt very much that this line of logic will inspire anyone else to come forward. Your demanding the most defenseless players to risk everything to become what? Canon fodder? No GA is ever going to protect a roleless player and I think we all know that. In the wolf game the group interest tends to win out and bring about human victory, but in this particular case I feel like self preservation will be a larger motivating factor for the other three. You don’t win if you die. And more over, Lysk, I willingly and openly told you my status as a roleless player days ago, but you couldn’t give me the courtesy of a heads up before putting the spotlight on me again? I know your always looking for reactions and I’m sure you were trying to see if I would publicly admit I am roleless, but constantly poking and prodding me in particular is beginning to get annoying.

This may be true, but only because you would expect wolves to kill those who are more of a threat to them. ie, people with roles.

I’m asking them to come forward because its important for us to know if the poll is a lie or not. We have 15 players, 8 of whom i know to have had roles. Thats more than 50% of players, and if we assume that the wolves dont have roles (which isnt a good assumption admittedly), then it becomes important to know if there really ARE humans without roles. It seems increasingly unlikey that there are.

They should understand that the humans can only win if we have good information. They have good information if they are roleless, and without a role that is ALL they can contribute. Period. They have no other usefulness, so they need to contribute as MUCH as POSSIBLE.

That being said, I’m surprised you view this as a personal attack on you. If i wanted to attack you personally I would have done so immediately from the get go. Instead, I just wanted to verify that you were telling the truth to me. I find it strange the way you reacted. You seem overly defensive, to be honest. Even yesterday when I voted for you on a ā€œfeelingā€ you reacted quite strongly. If you were a roleless human, and thats debatable to be honest for me now, I doubt you would be reacting so strongly. A human has nothing to fear if they are truthful.

I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and the fact that you cant see this is very surprising to be honest. If there are other players that can corroborate your claim, thats only good for you. I dont see why you dont think thats a good thing for you.

FURTHERMORE, roleless humans are NOT good wolf targets. Why would a wolf want to take out a human they know cant cause them harm during the night? Humans with roles are very much more dangerous, because they are an unknown to wolves. Your logic is not very good here, Cosmos, and I’m very disappointed.

Why do you even assume the poll to be truthful if the wolves also had access to it?

10charachters

Which is exactly why the roleless players need to stay anonymous so the infiltrators do not know with almost certainty that their target has an important role! At this point you are beyond a shadow of a doubt working against our interests and it is with no remorse I firmly cast my vote for Lysk.

If risking a player with a role means killing a wolf, that is a risk worth taking. We need to find the wolves, and right now we need all the information we can get. This is the only course of action I can see that leads anywhere. Would you rather we kill cybercritic and learn NOTHING again today?

Maybe you’d like to suggest an alternative plan instead of just trying to kill someone whos actually trying to get things to move forward?

Player Substitution!

Cybercritic seems to have been having problems with his internet connection and is on track to be killed for inactivity by the end of today. NobleBrutus is taking the position of cybercritic.

2 Likes

In which case, I hope @NobleBrutus has something of interest to add to this conversation.

Because you did attack me from the get go on day one, and I know you were expecting me to come forward. What If I had decided of one reason or another I wanted my privacy on this topic at this moment? Are you implying there wasn’t a personal attack on the way if I didn’t reveal myself in a timely manner? If my replies to yours seem defensive its only because part of my job is to actually defend myself when you vote for me or you call me out.

But I’d still like to outline my very specific fear from past experience. I get that I’m no where near the highest value target, but killing roleless players is easy and eventually things will get hard. I did it when I was a wolf last time out. On hard nights when options were limited, such as debating who the GA would protect or risking a valuable asset, I attacked roleless players to keep the body count high without risk to me. I’m not saying its guaranteed to happen or anything its just what I’m personally afraid of happening to me.

I want to get at the crux of my whole thing. My reaction is just self preservation. Your line of logic literally says it doesn’t matter if a roleless player dies and I just don’t want to die. Historically if you die you can’t win. That’s it. Either way I still came forward didn’t I? I’m still trying to generate info. I’m trying to stay open to all ideas and I’m trying to publicly debate the pros and cons of these decisions. I saw a con for me and I made a public note of it, while still siding with the pros. At the moment I’m genuinely having a hard time figuring out who the wolfs are and I’m quite lost. I’m still trying to find my legs on this one, so please excuse me if I’m just trying to parse things out as we go. I hope my explanations allay some of your concerns. I’m willing to explain myself all day. Well, not all day, I have work, but you get the idea.

Some how I quoted me quoting lysk, but I don’t want to edit it. That last one is an error but you get the idea.

I personally would prefer if everyone kept their roles closer to their chest this early in the game. It would be very dangerous for the traitors to be able to reverse-engineer who had the roles.

[details=Previous_RP] Noble Brutus glanced down at his pager, it had been the secret signal! Emerging from the undergrowth he pranced towards the bunker entrance, his police officer badge glistening brightly. "Weird place for a party? he thought, but still, business was business.

Noble pushed open the stiff metal door and jumped into the bunker, immediately striking a dramatic pose. Where he had hoped the door would give a satisfactory ā€˜clang’ to announce his arrival it instead gave a long whine. Not one to be perturbed Noble noted the sound had at least got the attention of the occupants.

As usual Noble let the anticipation build for a few moments as he quickly scanned the room looking for the telltale signs - the party hats, the embarrassing birthday shirt, the friends who would point him out… but there was nothing.

It’s not like Noble wasn’t used to the hiccups that can occur when booking a surprise act for a birthday but for some reason Noble stopped - perhaps it was that he couldn’t believe anyone would have a birthday in such a damp and dreary room, or maybe because all the faces staring at him seemed to have the same haunted look…

ā€œHey! This is the spy party right?ā€ Noble said with a wink, somewhat keeping his usual gleeful composure. But it was then that he caught sight of the object on the table… it… it looked like a knife… but its bigger than a telly! And … and … is that blood!!! Noble raised his hand and opened his mouth as if to scream but instead fainted falling forward onto the ground.

It was clear he’d take a while to come around after that.[/details]

Noble’s eyes blurred and the world spun around him. Thankfully someone was holding him up otherwise he’d have returned to the floor. ā€œHere here, take a seatā€ a voice said and the person holding him placed him down at the table. Sipping at a glass of water, Noble slowly regained his fortitude - at least they’ve removed the knife… the thought caused him to shiver so much he almost spilled the water.

Across the table sat a range of serious looking characters arguing amongst themselves. When one of them noticed Noble they stopped briefly. He nodded in Noble’s general direction and said grimly ā€œyou’ve got a lot to catch up on son.ā€

Not RP:

Well… I’m not sure what to think of Trevise’s plan. On one hand we need information but on the otherhand working out who doesn’t have a role removes the ā€˜pawn shield’ from our most important players…

1 Like

You’re assuming we have any at all.