The Wolf Game - Murder Party - Day 5 - Infiltrators and Nafen win!

So before we all get distracted, @King_Cosmos has a minecraft server that he runs through Minecraft Realms, and I’ve talked with @martindevans already, and hes agreed to be game master for a…

Minecraft Wolf Game!

I’ve already built a small village with 20 huts and a little gallows area to lynch people on. Heres a quick screenshot that I posted already in the dead players thread:

Basically, it will work like this:

The game will be real time. We will use discord for private messaging, and possibly voice chat if everyone is up for it. I think it would make Martin’s job easier and more hilarious if we were on voice!

Martin is going to be the GM (or anyone else who wants to have a go at it, just in case martin wants to get killed and be paranoid a few times). We will supply him with some sort of bad ass diamond sword or bow. He will perform the night kills. I did build some tunnels for the wolves to use originally so they could perform the kills themselves, but it would have been too hard to prevent cheating since you can see names through floors and they would have to crouch, etc. So Martin will perform the night kills, and basically any kills that would normally require a night action.

There may or may not be roles, depending on Martin’s ideas for the game. All night actions and roles will take place in direct messages using discord.

The games will probably last about 30 minutes each I suspect, and will feel much like the party games that people play around tables with cards and stuff. (Very fun if you guys haven’t tried it! Although I’ve accidentally outed myself as a wolf or a role once or twice by forgetting I was a role and saying “Oh shit my bad” during the night LOL)

So! If you want to play some time (well have to schedule an event) or just want to play minecraft, PM me your Minecraft player name, and we’ll get you whitelisted. When you are whitelisted, you’ll get an invite through realms. To access the invite, launch the DEFAULT minecraft launcher, and click realms on the main menu. At the top youll see an invite, and click the green checkmark to accept the invite. Thats it!

5 Likes

I’m in for that. With much much faster rounds I wont be nearly as good at the game… but it will be less stressful too.

2 Likes

I felt like I didn’t really contribute much this game around. It turns out not being in school I have a lot less time than I did in previous wolf games. Who knew :sweat_smile:. I was also bummed because I realized 2 days in that I had a backpacking trip coming up which I really felt bad about, but it kind of worked out because lysk had been killed and the game wasn’t too active at the point already.

I also can’t believe that I am a wolf again. Having been human only once in any of these games it’s still difficult for me to play a human but I know I’ve played better than this game. Lysk suspected me pretty early on(that we knew through Sane) but it was still pretty tense.

As for the triple agent @martindevans Sane did suspect that I was lying pretty well into the game, so it did cause some friction but there was nothing really I could do with it. It also put me in a really risky spot because I couldn’t come out with my role because it sounded super suspicious any way you describe it. “Sorry I can’t tell you what my role is but I don’t know and you have to trust me on that.” If someone really grilled me early on what my role was about I don’t know what I would have done.

2 Likes

In fairness, I advocated for 3 posts per day, which I’m fairly sure almost all of you would have had to have been warned at least once. I mean I haven’t counted, mind you, but activity was the one thing that really upset me the most this game. I know it upset Nafen and probably others as well. I mean, why even bother signing up if you intentionally dont want to post? @TerranAmbass (buddy!) who I was allied with all game was PMing me in private nearly the entire time, but refused to post in the thread without serious provocation. It doesn’t make any sense. He even posted in our PM thread like 6 times on the day he was warned! Others were just as bad as he though.

Honestly, everyone is making a big deal about me being aggressive or whatever, but that is how the game is played. I recall regularly asking for input and asking questions of everyone. You all should have been doing the same.

Then to top it all off, you guys come in and start bashing me posthumously for actually trying to play the game? Where was everyone else? Topper you didn’t come up with even one theory during the entire game despite having perhaps the second most useful human role after Enginish’s assassin role. Is anyone else here oblivious to the fact that I was able to get two people lynched, one of whom we now know was a defected wolf player, without even so much as a vote?

If anyone is an honorary wolf, its the following people:

  1. TerranAmbass - For posting all of like 5 posts all game.

  2. Topperfalkon - For not being active or contributing any meaningful
    theories or suspicions to the humans.

  3. cybercritic/NobleBrutus - For being AFK for two days.

  4. Ovog - For being inactive nearly the entire game. Barely met the 1 post per day count.

  5. jubbahey - I dont want to be mean. His posts speak for themselves.

I really hope you guys are braver next game. I was forced to make a lot of “leaps of faiths” this game because no one else was even TRYING to play the game. I posted in the “yay were dead” thread that I felt like I had been playing the game by myself, and that is still true.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves, and I feel really bad for martin the most who puts in a lot of effort and time into running and creating these games, only to have people sit on the sidelines too scared to move.

2 Likes

Lysk wasn’t an honorary wolf for getting some staff lynched, thats just how the game goes, and some players just make it impossible not to lynch them, so whose fault is that? Lysks aggressive information gathering undeniably helped narrow the search, and in the end he did have Sky and Lomsor pegged as wolves.

My nomination for him as honorary wolf is due to the fact that he trusted me and shared most of his information with me, which was extremely valuable to us.

2 Likes

Sane, you are a first-class memer. I admire your dedication to your art.

…You know we have villagers that sell name-tags though, right?

1 Like

I ended up fishing for enchant books as much as name tags.

This is a lie… I was being a derp, did get some nice enchantments though. I really don’t do vanilla minecraft much.

2 Likes

Because the only person who actually shared useful information with me in the game was Sane, after you got killed. That was a bold move for a wolf, but in context it looks like it made sense. I didn’t want to go shouting my role out to anyone and everyone as it’d have just gotten me killed. I’d considered picking people to tell to play against each other, but I couldn’t think of anything workable, and I knew there was a Quartermaster role somewhere so I didn’t really want to risk getting myself killed and killing two roles at the same time. Unfortunately, because I was unwilling to give up that information you and others seemed less willing to give me more information.

The whole villains/heroes theory only ended up being discussed because I’d forced Noble’s hand. I apologise for railing against it at the time, but my role description was pretty plain so I had literally no idea what you were talking about. It only made sense after I used my gun and my role was publicly revealed.

My main regret was letting myself get convinced either TA or Noble/critic was a wolf, rather than letting the lynch take Lomsor and just shoot sky, who were my two main suspects otherwise. If that day had played that way the humans might have won, my bad.

1 Like

I don’t think the lynch would have taken lomsor because he was Mr. Big. His role allowed him to lynch whoever had the second highest votes instead and whoever had the highest votes would be spared. It may have played out similarly.

But he would have been screwed the day after that as with you dead we wouldn’t be in a position to win that night.

If it had gone down like that though I would be a bit pissed off at martin for letting Topper keep the gun.

1 Like

I mean, in fairness, that was how the role was supposed to work the whole time, Martin just felt bad for me since he gave me such a useless role and wanted to take the “No Vote” role out of the game. So if any rules were bent it was when BrickWall died.

Well. We had enough information to know how it had worked on previous nights, and made the decision based on that… If we had targeted Topper instead would you have still got the gun? Or was there literally no way for us to take the gun out of the game that night?

I think if you had killed topper instead of me, covfefe.

3 Likes

Just got a break in my trip.

First off… thank you @martindevans for the game! Despite the lack of activity and only taking over Cybercritic’s role on the second day I definitely enjoyed it.

@lysktrevise You were playing the game well, I just really wanted to see some alternate theories. You can’t deny your misguidedness re Sane, once you knew that TA and Sane were GA’s and we were TA’s backup you should have known something was wrong - as me and Cyber did. Unfortunately we let Sane trick us into suspecting TA first. No offence was intended, I enjoyed our intrigue in the PMs.

@The_Sane well played. We had our doubts the whole time but it took too long for us to piece it together. Once we knew you were wolf it seemed reasonable that two other wolves might have died - as indeed they had, but there was four and not three in the game (including Cosmos). We also had no idea if Sane had a wolf surprise in his role like maybe a double night kill or something to suddenly end the game.

Me and Cyber instructed @Topperfalkon to tell Sane he would shoot us in the hope that would protect him. Did you do that?

@Nafen I’m glad you enjoyed your first game. I know we may have frustrated you some by pushing for information, but maybe now you realise the importance of us doing that. I hope to see you again in future games!

@cybercritic thank you buddy old pal! Sorry I had to go on holiday during the hour of need :L We had it sussed though! Just a little too late to convince everyone.

Also @lysktrevise I’m down for Minecraft wolfiness!

Again, cheers for the game everyone!

1 Like

The surprise was that I was telling the truth :stuck_out_tongue:

I was flipping between ideas a lot that night but if he had said this I don’t think it would have affected my decision to attack him. We may have been able to manipulate the lynch… but having a 2nd day kill simply wasn’t a good option. Bullet or lynch one of us was likely dead.

1 Like

No, because I couldn’t be sure you were human, and regardless I didn’t expect Sane to take that at face value. In hindsight, you should have jailed me to keep me alive as a confirmed human, as I was the obvious wolf target. We would have taken out Sky the next day with the lynch, and that would probably have been enough to win the game for us.

Ah well, I’m not bitter about it, I’m just surprised I managed to live so long for a change :smiley:

EDIT: But seriously, I was half expecting to have my hand forced, but even though apparently some suspected me, no-one seriously challenged me with a lynch vote *shrugs*

@NobleBrutus just pm me or post your player name for minecraft and well whitelist you.

Same goes for anyone else that wants to play.

You can also add me on Discord @LyskTrevise#9620

1 Like

Hi all, just wanted to post these screenshots and say that the minecraft village is “done” and if everyone was willing I think it would be cool to set something up for this coming weekend (16th-18th). I was thinking around 8PM UK time (2PM US Central time) on the 17th (Saturday).

Also, so far I have interest from:
@martindevans
@Lomsor
@The_Sane
@nafen
@mattk50
@NobleBrutus
@King_Cosmos
@Enginish
and obviously me.

If anyone else wants to play just send me your Minecraft player name so I can whitelist you, or like I said just send me a message on discord.

The Village

RIP @INovaeFlavien

Pull the lever and lynch away!

The gallows…

The Village (2)

5 Likes

Just a quick reminder to any last minute peeps or if you forgot, we will try to start the minecraft wolf game in about 6 hours from this post (2PM US Central / 8PM UK time).

If you dont already have it, I highly recommend grabbing discord (https://discordapp.com/) in advance, as its probably how well use our night actions. Plus it has voice, so we can laugh hysterically as were punching the lynch victim to death for refusing to drop into the lava pit lol.

You can also use it through the web browser, but its honestly a really good app. My discord ID is LyskTrevise#9620 so feel free to add me on discord.

1 Like