The Wolf Game - Murder Party - Day 5 - Infiltrators and Nafen win!

Same can be said for me… and I think Lysk too.

For those interested here is the gamestate sheet.

I’ll come back later on with some thoughts on the game design; what went well, what went badly, changes for next time etc. Before I do, does anyone else have any thoughts on what you liked/disliked and would like to keep/change for future games?

Im kind of upset that the guardian angel was made a wolf role. That was really dumb. Like what if sane had intentionally blocked a night kill, he would have been confirmed human to any reasonable player.

Anyways, well played.

Then the wolves would be a kill down, the player who the kill was blocked on would actually be confirmed human (it’s always a rule that wolves cannot kill other wolves at night) and the humans would eventually learn a valuable lesson in not assuming things about my games :wink:

Edit: Also, there were three night protection roles in this game (Jailer, backup jailer and GA). With the doppelganger in play there was a good chance the humans could end up in control of two night protection roles at the same time, that’s incredibly powerful. Conversely GA is a totally useless role for the wolves (it can’t target wolves, so it’s not even protection against the assassin).

2 Likes

Also the other wolf roles were kinda obviously wolf roles… not wanting to tell the confirmed human your role would be hella suspect.

I’m calling double standards on the doppleganger though. Assassin was allowed to kill despite dying… and Brick was allowed to swap despite dying, but the doppel didnt go through when we killed Lysk. I wanted to end the game with Lysk… for my own entertainment… but the whole point of killing lysk was to get rid of the gun.

1 Like

I did have a bit of a wrestle with myself on that decision. Earlier in the game I applied a swap when TheBrickWall swapped with Lysk and died in the same night - this took the voteless role out of the game (which was a really rubbish role, sorry Lysk).

Then later on Lysk tries to swap with Topperfalkon on the same night he died. At this point the wolves basically had the game completely wrapped up - the only real possibility of the humans bringing it back was Topperfalkon keeping the gun and shooting a wolf the next day. This is of course what he did (killing Lomsor) but it turned out not to be enough.

Tl;dr I bent the rules a bit to make the end of the game more exciting.

3 Likes

And also, Brickwall switched with Lysk the night Brick died, but the switch still happened.
Lysk tried to switch with Topper the night Lysk died, but the switch didn’t happen.
What was the reason for that? Shouldn’t the switch still have happened like it did between Lysk and Brick, or am I being dumb?

EDIT: Nvm I was too late :expressionless:

1 Like

@Enginish

Sorry about the night 1 kill, I wanted to be “kind” to other players and eliminate someone who had a good number of runs under their belt already.

Nafen: “Maybe martin PMs himself a role too, your role is the GM, your goal is to get everyone killed”.


(From the wolf QT)

[quote]> Holy shit martin, you trying to get us killed or what? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m trying to get everyone killed >_>[/quote]

2 Likes

That’s fair. No big deal.

…

:cry:

3 Likes

Huh… I just noticed what Ark was doing night 1…

Ark Night 1: Investigate Sane

Was this a role seer? Or did Enginish save my ass?

He was a role seer. If he had successfully scanned you, you’d be even more cleared than you were, don’t worry!

I was hoping for a role seer… you probably inadvertently saved the staff from a more crushing defeat.

That was my only consolation.
Also, for posterity, from the dead people thread:

I knew it! My tinfoil hat theory was right!

1 Like

Someone just requested access to the role sheet (linked from the game state sheet). This is intentionally not shared - I re-use roles between games so I don’t want to share too many details on them. I will share the one role that I chickened out of including at the last moment:

Double Agent
You are a member of the wolf team but will win along with the humans.

It would have been a pretty interesting role (especially since wolves can’t target other wolves, so they’d have been stuck with this player). However there was way too much chance of that being completely game breaking for me to actually include it :frowning:

Meanwhile, for @The_Sane :

“How do you do, fellow Humans?”

4 Likes

I clicked on it to find out what Arken’s role was but it was discussed here anyways.

Also

###"Is it possible to have a quadruple agent?
####“Yes, Not only a quadruple but the only quintuple agent in the world known till now who fooled British, Russians, Italians, Japanese and the Nazis during WW2 was from India named Bhagat Ram Talwar. His code name was Silver given by Peter Fleming, brother of Ian Fleming (creator of James Bond) who acted as Head Of D (Deception) Division in New Delhi from 1942 to the end of war and also a renowned writer.”

Still somehow connected to Ian Fleming/James Bond. You clever bastard :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything I didn’t like about the game apart from the inactivity stuff that I did discuss in PM. I know I didn’t particularly have the highest post count in the thread considering I survived till the end, and didn’t contribute too much to discussions (since it was my first time, wasn’t sure at all what to say other than agreeing with what people already said) I still tried to post when it was vital, and respond to PMs as quickly and fully as I could. I know it’s not an obligation to respond to PMs and such but when you don’t it comes across as either not really caring about the game or suspicious and then we end up lynching you and you turn out to be staff.

Apart from that I’d just say that maybe making it so everybody has at least a tiny role would be nice cause it’s easy to feel useless when you don’t even have a passive ability. I think that introducing the useless roles was actually a good touch especially things like Lysk’s no vote, though giving the wolves a role that would almost certainly prove one of them to be human turned out to help them quite a lot.

Having roles that interact with other people’s (Like Noble/cyber’s being dependent would be pretty cool, too, as it would shake things up and cause a lot of confusion and mistrust :smiley: