The Wolf Game - Murder Party - Day 5 - Infiltrators and Nafen win!

Just end the day @martindevans, let them lose.

Ovog and Nafen slammed the heavyset door closed and listened for a second to confirm that the machinery inside had started up. Luckily the door muffled most of the terrified screams of cybercritic - clearly the man had been an infiltrator and they had brought him to justice - job well done. They shook hands and walked off in opposite directions.

Ovog was working in his lab, for some reason trying to build a werewolf detector, when frag grenade rolled into the room. He dived for cover a little too late, fragments shredded he left leg and arm and he hit the floor behind the desk awkwardly. As he lay of the floor, whimpering in pain, he smelt the stench of petrol fill the air and saw a pool of liquid forming under the desk. He tried to crawl away on his one good arm, behind him he heard a whoosh and the room lit up with a dangerous red glow.

With Ovog dealt with Skyentist and The_Sane went to ambush Nafen. They lay in wait in the darkness, brandishing knives, waiting for him to step on the landmine they had hidden under a rug. Nafen stopped an inch short of the mine and smiled, ā€œI know you’re thereā€, he announced to the room, ā€œI am a deep cover quadruple agent, here are my credentials to prove that I am on your sideā€.

The Game Is Over, Infiltrators Win!

Congratulations to the remaining infiltrators; Skyentist and The_Sane. Also congratulations to Nafen, who was the quintuple agent and wins simply by surviving to the end of the game.

4 Likes

[quote]The office had largely survived the explosion, but the bunker as a whole was in ruins. The bomb used had been stolen from Q branch, and as was customary for Q branch anything produced there was a lot more powerful than it looked. No matter. Now that the bunker was completely under control the secrets it still held could be salvaged at leisure.

Over the last few days, between bullets and explosions, people had started referring to the infiltrators as wolves for some reason. At first The Sane was afraid he had been found out, but it was just a strange coincidence. Wolf was his office nickname. Need a tank air dropped onto a volcano? Speak to the W.O.L.F. As The Sane reached his office door he took the knife concealed in his sleeve and started scratching away at some of the letters on the door. He needed a new code name… the choice was obvious. Smiling to himself he entered his office, put on some music, and gathered his things.[/quote]


#Wolf Thread:
https://quicktopic.com/52/H/cvcFJbuCCigW

1 Like

Well played Sane. You had me fooled.

2 Likes

On the plus side, I’m glad that shot wasn’t wasted :smiley:

3 Likes

@martindevans activity levels are still a real problem. Not sure if we should make day/night periods longer and be a lot harsher with inactivity, or something else. Quiet wolves really break the game.

Agreed. Since this was my first game with an activity requirement I picked a fairly soft one, next game I’m going to be a lot harsher with the activity requirement. I’m thinking I’ll probably require that every player must vote every day (even if that vote is for no one).

1 Like

Due to Lysks shenanigans we ended up killing him in case he was telling the truth, but that ended up leaving you alive with the gun. I did my best to push TA as a likely wolf, but you wanted to get an alignment check on him…

Well, my reasoning was that the probability of the Jailor inheriting human to human was low (d’oh), but wolf to wolf would be even lower. So if TA was a wolf, I’d have been almost certain critic was a human. Turned out that was a bad choice

rip us.
10characters

1 Like

Human comms were kinda screwed though, at least from my perspective.

My role was completely and utterly useless to the wolf team… except for the fact I didn’t have to lie about it. Coming up with a convincing lie is pointless when you are the real GA.

Well, if the humans (I’m including myself in this) were savvier, they could have pushed you into using it in their favour more.

In an attempt to balance the game in favour of the humans I gave the wolves an assortment of useless roles.

  • GA (The_Sane) is totally useless for wolves. This version can’t even protect a wolf at night, because that means instant death.
  • Triple agent (Skyentist) was meant to cause friction within the wolf team (mega fail there, wolves barely mentioned the role all game)
  • Defector (King_Cosmos) is on the wolf team, but is not informed who the other wolves are and the others aren’t even informed he exists.
1 Like

It kind of did, slightly. I messaged Lomsor privately about it with a theory, trouble is the wolf team was too small to waste time worrying about it. When nafen was referring to himself as an agent I worried there was some interaction between Skyentists and his role that would fuck us up somehow, but again couldn’t do much about it if it was true.

If it was an ā€œanti teamā€ role there was no point discussing it in the wolf thread so…

But that would still leave me with all the information.

I worried that you dying would make me a target for not protecting you. But Noble/critic were backed into a corner, jailing you was the better option for them, especially if it blocked a kill. If I hadn’t attacked you and they jailed you I could still have used it against them, as they would have disrupted your reload. Instead they ended up jailing me which was the best scenario I could have possibly hoped for.

okay, I’ve been dying to ask all game: What does GA stand for?

2 Likes

Guardian Angel.

It’s a common role in The Wolf Game / Mafia that can protect the target player from death overnight.

1 Like

Welp, that was fun, sorry I wasn’t as active as I wanted to. But I had fun here.

1 Like

The Janitor breathed a sigh of relief as he reached his homely custodial closet, filled with cleaning supplies and tools of a technology level much more advanced than common civilians. Spitting out the still in-tact cyanide capsule, he muttered. ā€œI wonder how many more times I can enter the depths of hell and yet come out unscathed? No matter, this job still isn’t done.ā€

Walking back to where the two infiltrators were talking in hushed voices outside the door of one of their offices, discussing what to do next, he reached for his Extendomop and started tweaking dials and pressing buttons on the handle. As a trigger mechanism flicked out into place on the handle he placed his finger onto it and gently squeezed as he aimed the mop straight at The Sane and he said. ā€œTime for me to clean this place up.ā€

As he spoke, The Sane dove out of the way as the mop head spun, quickly spooling up and then a second later it was being propelled right at the door. The Sane looked up from his position on the floor to see the mop head moving up and down his office door freely, the joyous sound of it’s tiny motors whirring filling the awkward silence as it scrubbed the door and left complete spotlessness behind it. It even repositioned the letters on the label of the door as it was programmed to leave the place looking clean and neat.


#ā€œMuch better.ā€

ā€œSo once you’re done scouring this place and selling the information on or whatever you do, I have a lead on an even juicier pie. Huge bunker hidden deep beneath the Arecibo Observatory. Get yourselves implanted and I’ll be over there once I’ve done disposing of the bodies and making everything spick and span.ā€ He began to tweak and twist the buttons on his overalls, simultaneously shifting the zipper up and down to very specific places in a configuration that was quite familiar to him by this point.

His face distorted as the nano mesh covering his face re-initialised and began to morph as he spoke. ā€œAfter all, I’m quite sure that once you two have started your ā€˜work’, they’re going to need an inconspicuous yet strangely highly skilled cleaner. Honestly though, do you have to make things so damn messy?ā€ He finished, now wearing a completely new face.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for playing and especially to Martin for setting this game up and running it. As a first experience playing this sort of game on a forum I have to say I highly enjoyed it even though I had my complaints about inactivity and such. And sorry if at times I got a bit too frustrated and whiny about that, I guess I shouldn’t have taken the game so seriously as I did because at times it even affected my stress levels and sleeping pattern :confounded:

I just have to say though, I had no idea that the game was going to end up this way haha. I had the niggling doubt in the back of my mind literally the whole game like ā€˜Is Sane actually a wolf?’ but I never gave it that much thought other than occasionally asking him ā€˜So are you actually a wolf?’ I think that martin did throw him a very huge bone by basically giving him a role that makes sense for a human to have but I do commend Sane for managing to be so convincing to me this whole time.

3 Likes