The Wolf Game - Murder Party - Day 5 - Infiltrators and Nafen win!

In addendum, it’s important that we balance the need for information versus the need to keep our useful roles safe. If we do not have that smokescreen, we could lose vital staff support.

I know I’m not posting much, but only because I don’t feel there is much for me to say of importance. I don’t want to just reiterate what people are saying because it’ll likely result in us getting nowhere.

I still feel that an anonymous, unmoderated poll on a third-party website is not information that we should trust any voting decisions in.

I also think that we shouldn’t be so quick to lay out all of the ‘pieces on the game board’ because then it will make it easier for the other players to know the right moves to make.

Suspicious - given ‘the other players’ are mostly human…

1 Like

I don’t see your reasoning here, we should be hesitant to point fingers like this on day 2

Ok I’m glad cybercritic got switched out. One more soul not wasted.

Lets maybe try another angle. Maybe looking at how much skill and experience everyone has at this game compared to how they acted up until now. Don’t really know the practical way to do that though … eh just an idea. Maybe I have some time later looking over the thread again.

It doesn’t sound like we got any real information last night. This is extremely bad . Up until now I hoped someone collected viable, role related, proof that could act as basis for a lynch.
Guess it’s damage control then. Lysk did a pretty good job trying to squeeze out some information but I don’t see us any further than yesterday, except organisation wise maybe.

The dangers of revealing if you have a role or not are almost secondary to this argument. It is highly unlikely for Cosmos being the only roleless player. So the question is: If no one else is willing to come forward and say that they are also roleless, why should we trust that Cosmos is telling the truth?

1 Like

Quote for emphasis. We either have roleless humans, or we have a wolf. Its simple. Theres no two ways about it. If no one else comes forward, we have a wolf. If you can’t see this, I seriously doubt you are a human.

When I say ‘other players’ I don’t mean each and every one of us individually playing the game. I mean it literally as the ‘other’ players as in other than us staff. Us and them, that sort of thing.

Why would I be concerned about the giving of information leading to humans knowing the right moves to make? Moreover, why would I publicly display that concern? There are too many cheap attempts to put some sort of shade or blame on people and honestly it’s just adding to the brain fog I’m already feeling, trying to take all of the information in and figure out what we know.

No, I was talking about the wolves as the other players, since they are the ones I’m concerned about. If we just splurge out information about roles they will more easily know who they should target and who they should avoid targeting.

I needn’t remind you that since cybercritic was without internet, he was likely one of the people who didn’t vote on the poll. But I’m not giving the data from that poll any credit whatsoever. Speaking of which, where’s @TerranAmbass ?

(No RP in this post and my last, cause I realise I haven’t been posting nearly enough and it takes too long to me to formulate a RP post, by which time I’ve forgot what actual relevant in-game thoughts I wanted to share :smile: )

King_Cosmos

I simply don’t see how this affects our ability to find wolves at all.

Quite honestly, I am at a loss right now, as there is no information available to us that wasn’t before. However, I am still very curious about your desire to hurry the game along.[quote=“hollifer, post:198, topic:5314”]
It would be very dangerous for the traitors to be able to reverse-engineer who had the roles.
[/quote]

It wouldn’t even be a reverse-engineer, it’s just a case of “hey, look, these guys didn’t say they don’t have roles.”[quote=“The_Sane, post:207, topic:5314”]
The dangers of revealing if you have a role or not are almost secondary to this argument
[/quote]

I completely disagree; This is the most pressing argument against doing what Lysk has suggested. Not seeing this is being blind to the issue at the very least, if not suspiciously disregarding it.

While your and Lysk’s point about Cosmos is valid at the moment, that is only because nobody else has answered your call for revelation. Which, in my book, is a good thing. Cosmos has garnered some suspicion from me from his statements, however all that is heavily outweighed by the fact that you, Lysk, are actively working towards his death from the outset, and I will not change my vote, come hell or high water.

What the actual fuck. If my information changes, I’m open to altering my opinions. I’m working with the information I have right now, as you should be. If you think Cosmos is suspicious, and you think our point is valid right now, then you should vote for him right now, until something changes.

1 Like

When I say “at the moment” I mean that there are too many unknowns for him being a traitor remaining as the only explanation. It is far more likely, in my opinion, that he is simply shielding himself from further scrutiny.

A happy medium might be for the remaining players to PM me their role status. They don’t need to tell me whether they have one or not. These people know who they are.

So far, I know 9 people have claimed to have a role, and still only 1 player claims to not have a role. That’s Cosmos.

Err… I meant they don’t need to tell me what their role is. I hate not being able to edit.

I’m sorry, but i’m really suspicious of Lysk. They’re taking on a lot of responsibility and are attempting to set up a situation where they are the single point of failure.

Let me put it this way. Right now there are only 3 people that haven’t revealed their role status to me now. In other words, I know that 11/14 players have told me or have been revealed publicly to have roles.

So far, only 1 person has claimed to be roleless. Are you really telling me that Cosmos is the ONLY roleless human in the game? Are you really saying that?

I dont think asking 3 people to message me and answer a yes or no question that reveals hardly any information at all is asking for a lot of responsibility.

But were you the wolf, and I were you, I would be taking your exact course of action. Hence my deep suspicion. What other people have done is irrelevant, the point is you’re acting either foolishly or suspiciously

I’m glad that you’re suspicious of me. You should be. Every human should be suspicious of every other person. But this game is about taking risks despite your suspicions. You don’t have to trust me. You just have to follow my logic.

10 players have claimed roles, only 1 has not. The only person we cant verify is Jubbahey, who we know was human.

If Cosmos isn’t a wolf, then fine, I made a mistake, and you can make an argument against me tomorrow if you wish. It seems you’ll have support. But if your argument today is “well I dont know if Cosmos is a wolf or not, so screw your idea”, then you’re simply missing the point. All humans have no idea who the wolves are and we will never know for sure who they are. Thats why we have to make bold moves and use logic and strategy.

My plan aims to do that. IF you have a better plan, I’d love to hear it.

On the proviso that Cosmo is a Wolf, I see the merit of your plan. My argument was not intended to disrupt logic or strategy, i’m simply wary of bold moves as they could drastically affect our numbers.

Trying to find someone to lynch is how you play the game. It’s either that or just let the wolves kill us.