Staying on the Medical Bay as suggested.
Though, don’t know who to vote for. I’ll keep it like this for now.
Staying on the Medical Bay as suggested.
Though, don’t know who to vote for. I’ll keep it like this for now.
a) Randomly assigning people does not prevent wolves from taking control of systems.
b) We have no idea yet which systems are the most powerful, gameplay wise.
c) We learn nothing.
Before everyone agrees to the suggestion you should consider the fact that you are putting trust in NobleBrutus, perhaps without realising. If Noble is a wolf then he knows where the wolves will end up, and using a seemingly unbiased selection method would be the best way of putting wolves into control of a system without raising suspicion.
a) Yes, but it prevents strategic wolf manipulation. There is a chance the wolves might already have an agenda with certain systems and, if we spread ourselves thinly, could easily position themselves to control some of the most critical systems like the med bay.
b) It is assumed the name of the system will have some correlation to it’s function. Going by this logic, and assuming the ship’s structural integrity and propulsion is non-essential on the first night, you can narrow it down to these five systems.
c) True, except in who willingly cooperates and who does not 
Again, true, but that runs on the chance that I’m a wolf and the wolves are distributed through the sign up list in an optimally arranged fashion - which is possible - but surely this very small chance is better than the guarantee of wolves choosing where to go?
5/17 players cooperating as of now.
I was about to suggest the random system that @NobleBrutus did, it’s pretty logical. Only problem I find with it is that his first and last groups are 4 people, that might be a minor manipulation if he is a wolf, so I would suggest that one person from the Power Grid is transferred to the more important Medical Bay.
Seems to me that the Power Grid owners will be able to switch off power to one or more systems at will.
/edit
I don’t think we’ll have much problems with repair given the new rule stating that any system that has a vote will be repaired and we still get 3 days after a system has gone critical. This leads me to believe that systems can be sabotaged by the psychopaths if they are damaged or something like that.
And according to the age of the 1st day post (18h) we still have roughly 30 hours left of first day.
It doesn’t say that anywhere. It only says that we have three days to repair the Med Bay. I fully expect some critical failures to happen a lot quicker, as per the whims of martin.
Alright it doesn’t say “3 days”, but the system will go critical and we will have an opportunity to fix it, it has to be a day at least, since we need a day to fix it. Still it presents no problem with our ability to basically fix everything during a single day.
Unless somebody plants a bomb or something, but that is a different issue.
You are thinking in RP terms… and are judging which systems are most useful in terms of how important they are for the ‘ship’ but we don’t know how powerful the action of each of these systems is going to be. For all we know controlling the mundane sounding crew quarters will be extremely valuable. The only system action that we have a reasonable idea of is the med bay, and even that we could be wrong about.
My point is that you are the one that chose that distribution, if you are a wolf and that distribution was not suitable for the wolves then you could have chosen a different seemingly random way of determining who goes where.
I’m happy with groups of three, and a random distribution is ok, I’m just just thinking about the game a little differently to you and calling out possibilities.
This is the ideal scenario in my opinion. We’ll have at least a larger chance that any wolf action can be migated by a human vote – or the wolves completely control one system, but then they’ll loose out on controlling others.
So since I’m the cryogenic engineer I think I actually should go to the Cryogenic Storage, wouldn’t you guys agree?
And here I am. Sorry, was busy yesterday, had my second to last exam ever. 
EDIT: Oh, also role less.
EDIT2: Moved vote to end of post per rules, thanks The_Sane .
Cryogenic Storage
EDIT3: Removed vote as I’m now lynch compensator.
Congrats, man! 
Thanks! One exam to go and then master thesis… 
Now on topic:
Xamino shook his head at the suggestion of Noble. “Really? You want to pull me away from the one system I do actually know in this ship? That already seems suspicious…”
@NobleBrutus – nothing personal, just using RP as an excuse to generate some votes. 
EDIT: Also @The_Sane and NobleBrutus: how about we just go all out and use a true random distribution? Just use a random number generator and voilà, perfect chaos. 
We are lacking of proper analyses about the features of the different subsystems. So here are my guesses for the potential actions/consequences for failure of each system. Feel free to add in your theories:
Action:
Shut down other sub systems (role block).
Failure:
All/many subsystems lose power and get disabled.
Action:
Actively avoid more collisions and thus more damage to other subsystems.
Change the acceleration of the ship resulting in change of gravity (we are accelerating in 1,3G so I would assume that is our artificial gravity in our “tower”?) -> some effect on other subsystems / players.
Failure:
Possible harm to other subsystems due to getting off course and/or hitting more micro asteroids.
People might die.
Action:
Affecting the structural integrity of other subsystems and thus disabling them.
Failure:
All/many subsystems might structurally fail.
Part of the ship might structurally fail -> people might die.
Action:
Possible Guardian Angel role.
Failure:
Ship deflector shield might fail and expose other subsystems to more damage due to micro asteroids.
People might also die as a result.
Action:
Possible Seer role.
Also possible Vigilante role if security involves guns.
Failure:
Detection/shooting of prisoners will be impossible.
Possibility of misfiring of security guns - > people might die.
Action:
Possible Vigilante role.
Possible Guardian Angel role.
Failure:
Shooting of prisoners will be impossible.
Possibility of misfiring of point defence guns - > people might die.
Possibility of more micro asteroids hitting and further damaging other subsystems -> people might die.
Action:
Possible Jail Keeper role.
Possible Necromancer role (like the one I faked last time).
Failure:
No more binding/reviving of players.
Psychos might get more votes (Wolf Moderator) due to “escaping prisoners”.
Action:
Make areas with other subsystems inhabitable and thus disabling those subsystems.
Failure:
All/many areas of the ship might become inhabitable resulting in the loss of subsystems or people -> people might die.
Action:
Possible Medic role.
Failure:
No more dissections.
Action:
Possible double vote for humans (Moderator role) due to finding “more survivors”.
Failure:
No double votes.
Less habitable areas -> people might die.
Although these are just theories I would pay special attention to every system that can even in theory result in loss of life.
Thoughts?
All of these failures seem to end in “people might die”. 
Nice hypotheses.
I have a wild theory involving the propulsion. Maybe it’s needed so that the psychos or maybe a third party to use it to escape to some planet or something.
Except a few. But they have other catastrofic/annoying effects 
Blasphemy! Everyone, this guy can’t be trusted! 
Edit: PEOPLE MIGHT DIE! … Xamino!
by the way… if we lynch someone the teams might be a bit more even. If the no role hypothesis is true… we also have very little to risk by lynching someone this time around.
going to keep watching for now.
edit: actually i dont think King_Cosmos has posted yet (nevermind i got confused, someone else signed up for him)
So are we abandoning Noble’s idea now? Cos either we all go with Noble’s plan of randomising the pick and thus avoiding psychos cherry picking systems or it won’t work.
RP reasons or not, you will now be the one who actively “breaks the system”. Maybe it won’t matter in the end but I’m just making a note for later analyses of people’s actions 
Edit: if we are abandoning Noble’s idea it would be wise to maybe have something else in place unless we all will just go where ever we want to.
Also. to add my own vote before the end of the day, I’ll vote Xamino for now, since I can’t come up with a better reason to vote anyone atm than what I described above, so:
I’d consider any distribution that is not provably random from the get go suspicious, so I don’t think it matters. If we do go for a random distribution I will take the system assigned to me, no questions asked. If not, I’ll stick to RP because I know I’m as innocent as can be and will thus delude one wolf vote on the cryogenic system.
Make of that as you will…
So complete RNG then?
What if we reverse the order or something to mess up any potential arrangement noble had in mind? Unless anyone knows some kind of utility where you can generate a single random number, in public, it will still be subject to some kind of bias. I’ve actually looked for that kind of site but didnt find anything at the time. Like, for example, whoever is using the random number generator could simply generate until a favorable result is reached, they display that one. Or they could just lie about the result.
Some sort of organization here is definetly better than just trying to RP it, though. We have the tools this game to get a leg up in the first day with a strategy, let’s not waste it.