The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

That… changes things. Are you sure about that? I’m pretty sure people are going to want to land grab, making the consequences of critical failure kinda redundant. And i didn’t see the idea of a clean block vote actually working out.

edit: Unless the idea is that repairs wont be permanent. Keeping on top of repairs as things break down, with a rapidly decreasing number of people available to keep everything glued together could be interesting.

so does each vote carry some sort of “weight/value” to how much a system gets repaired for?

As Lomsor arrived at Engineering deck 2, the discussion was already heated.

Even though it doesn’t make sense RP wise I’ll vote on the Medical Bay.

I think it will be useful for us later on. I’m too a role less human. Even though, is it really such a good idea for all of us to offload this information onto Lysk?

I vote for Enginish … because of Vampires!

1 Like

I see it as off-loading information into the ‘public domain’, but you are all of course free to make up your own minds.

At first I thought that too. But maybe, if someone had a role, he would contact you privately. That’s just my doubt.

Hmm, I mean I see what you are saying, but that is something that a role-owner would have to decide for themselves. Of course, at this point I am no more trust-worthy than any other person, so if they have reason to trust someone else perhaps that person could act as proxy for them and relay the information that roles in fact do exist in the game.

EDIT: according to my count, there are at least 9 people who claim or seem to be roleless. Of the 17 that started the game, nine is a pretty decent size pool, but of course it only takes one to prove me wrong so, I don’t know yet.

EDIT 2: @xamino @Krishna @TerranAmbass what are your thoughts on the situation so far?

Also:
Xamino (not posted yet I dont think)
Security Grid.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, you’re going to have plenty of repair work to keep you busy :smile:

1 Like

I wanted orange. Just orange. What part of that, Arkenbrien, could you not understand?

I vote to repair the Medical Bay. My reputation as a repairman is on the line here, and I will not fail.

Who am I kidding? It’ll probably blow up something soon as I take a wrench to it.

1 Like

Thanks! I really enjoyed making it :wink: Tried to match it to Martin’s intro as closely as possible. Everyone feel free to clip parts of it to support what ever RP you need to perform (as I am about to do right now).

Lucas walked towards the maintenance room in Engineering Deck 2. It was right below one of the fusion power stations powering the power grid and right above one of those bottomless looking cooling shafts. The bridge above the cooling shaft was shaky and clanking. And the stairs at the end of the bridge leading to the control room were even more shaky! You could see and hear the bolts of electricity racing up along the walls of the cooling shaft. Always stopping just before reaching the bridge. You never got used to it.

A crowd was already gathering in the maintenance room and having a tense conversations about which subsystem to repair and who might be a prisoner in disguise.

Lucas was a cartographer whose main job was to map out the new colonies once the initial planetary infrastructure was set up. But he was also fascinated about blueprints and so he had been meticulously studying the blueprints of ISS Relatively Fast ever since the ship left Transylvania 2. After all, there wasn’t much else to do in a 3 kilometer ship with a scattered crew of 26. You hardly ever met anyone in these trips.

"Listen up everyone! I am pretty convinced that the Medical Bay should be be repaired first. All of the prisoners have an electronic tag that could be detected with the equipment there. At least this is a theory of mine. And on top of that it appears that the med bay is critically damaged and could fail soon.

I was at lever 5 before. The elevator shaft is pretty much destroyed above level 4 but there is a maintenance tunnel here (points at map):

leading to the medical bay from these relatively intact AND still pressurized areas of level 4."

The med bay should be saved with a high priority as it will most likely be the medic role. But while writing this it seems Martin has changed the rules so it looks like we can actually save multiple systems simultaneously. So maybe we should think about the consequences of either going for a wide land grab versus voting in large blocks:

Land grab pros:

  • we get all the “powers” or “roles” activated in the game early
  • we can ensure nothing catastrophic happens to the ship

Land grab cons:

  • Less information and control on the systems. We can’t trust people enough to be sure they are telling the truth about the powers they gain from a subsystem. And can we even trust people enough to reveal what we find ourselves?
  • Prisoners could get in control of subsystems without humans having a say on their use

Voting block pros:

  • More information and control on selected systems. We ensure a better human control on the systems we grab collectively and we get more information about the systems we choose since we can all collectively confirm the powers we gain from them

Voting block cons:

  • The stability of the ship seems to be powerfully dependent on the subsystems and we might not want to risk it by going for just a few systems

We could of course assign a pair to as many systems as possible to minimize lone controllers. 10 subsystems and 17 players means we can have 7 pairs and 3 solos. Maybe even skip 2 less important subsystems so that the remaining 3 solos can pick one system together (I am assuming that you can’t later gain control of new systems once you pick one, @martindevans ?).

Although I’m not sure if we can trust pairs of people much more than solos. Just throwing some ideas. Hopefully someone can come up with something from this. :slight_smile:

Wait! I am the Necromancer :wink: (yes I’m roleless too)


Votes:

Medical Bay

(for now)

I think whoever suggested that the systems have taken place of roles was dead on.

I’m also role-less, by the way.

To set the record straight, skyentist was the first to bring up the idea that the subsystems were roles, I think the only thing I’ve added is that I’ve hypothesized one step further, perhaps incorrectly, that no players currently have roles at all.

To set the record straight… it was me.

2 Likes

Oh. Sorry, I thought you were only implying that roles would interact with the sub systems. Anyways, the credit is not that important :penguin:

1 Like

I know it’s not important… but you know… gotta set the record straight, else where would we be!

2 Likes

I’m operating under the assumption that everyone is lying by default. It’s just safer that way…

Lysk’s suggestion needed someone to reveal a role fairly early (and as a result I probably should have held back on my response). If enough people reveal they’re role-less, then if there are any humans with roles I’d expect them to lie until they identified a human they could trust a reveal to (or be otherwise discovered). It was a cheap ploy that would have had a chance to provide additional information. It hasn’t yet. That might be because there’s no additional information to be given (which is, of course, in itself information).

Sure, which is why I followed it with…

Frankly, if I were a wolf, my post would be identical, because day 1 is a crapshoot and it’s hard to know who’s making stuff up. The only thing you can do is provide everyone with as much information as is sensible according to your role to keep you alive until the real test begins in the following days.

Which is why I went for Krishna even though I mentioned the whole wolf thing. Because until he provides any information, he’s more suspicious than anyone who has provided information that I cannot verify.

Or in other words, it’s a matter of voting for the inactives again…

This is still a very good point. @martindevans?

Also, per @LucasFIN’s point, we should at least pair on votes to reduce the chance of prisoner takeover. It also stands to reason that anyone lone-wolfing at the end of the day is clearly a prisoner and should be lynched. I also think if we do this, we should at least follow my categorisation to prioritise systems.

We could probably cover all of the primary systems, the Medbay, and the tertiary systems with the current number of players. There’s a risk we’ll lose one, maybe two systems at most, but we can have up to 8/10 systems covered (the spare should go to Medbay if votes are weighted).

/mind-dump

1 Like

You assume wrong. If you vote for a system and it is repaired, you are in the voting group for that system.

This means if you repaired a system the previous day now you’re in partial control of 2 systems. So if you really want to block vote then it’ll take you 10 days to repair all the systems but by then everyone will be jointly in charge of every system.

:laughing:

Given that every system gets repaired (see this post) the question no longer makes any sense.

I concede all potential awards I may have gotten to the patent holder :smiley:

Pointlessly confirming I am a role-less human as well. Those psychopaths must die!

I think the most important subsystems are the following, and have bolded how many votes they currently have.

  • Power Grid (1)
  • Structural Integrity Field (2)
  • Deflector Shield
  • Security Grid (1)
  • Cryo Storage(I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t know what’s being stored frozen in this ship!) (1)
  • Environmental Control (2)
  • Medical Bay (6)

Krishna, Ark, TA, Enginish, Lysk, Cybercritic all have 1 vote from various people

We have many voters for the med bay that I think we could spread out more. We need shields up especially if our we ignore our point defense systems. I’ve already given my reasoning for voting for Cryo. Enough people have voted for Med-bay(which currently seems like the most useful) and we should repair as many subsystems as possible.

2 Likes

Med Bay will be needed tomorrow if it really does contain the medic role. I think other damaged systems will at least go critically damaged before failing so they might not be that important to fix yet even if they have a seemingly important function like structural integrity. I doubt there’s any chance of us all dying in the first night from structural failure :wink:

It depends if we want to avoid lone controllers. If we do then we can get exactly 8 systems covered by 7 pairs and one 3 man team.

1 Like

So, 10 different systems and 17 players. I agree with Lucas that structural integrity should not be a problem at this point. I reckon we concentrate on these five:

  • Power Grid (We don’t want a Blackout courtesy of the Psychopaths.)
  • Security Grid (Sounds important)
  • Point Defence Array (Unsure)
  • Cryogenic Storage (Sounds bad with all those frozen psychopaths)
  • Medical Bay (Probably Medic role)

This way we get two fours and three threes which is reasonable I think.

I suggest four on the med bay, and four on the power grid.

Ideally we then arrange it the least corruptible way by grouping players 1-4 (in the main list) 5-8, 9-11, 12-14 & 15-17 then RNG-ing the groups to the systems. Lomsor, being the infamous RNG user, should be the one to roll the dice.

1 Like

Given this new development I will pursue the Security Grid. I welcome anyone to accompany me. I think we need some humans there sooner rather than later in case of weapons/weapon roles. We already have a few grids “covered” so I don’t think we need many people coming with me. All though I hope there isn’t some mechanic in play that allows wolves to jump a player in a sector if they out number them there…