The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

All survivors accounted for.

1 Like

@martindevans, we are all here, climb out of the cryobed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lysk_Trevise woke up sprawled across his control console in engineering. He had spent a lot of time yesterday announcing that systems were most certainly not nominal and it had been exhausting - he wasn’t looking forward to repeating that again today. He dragged himself out of his chair and began walking down the corridor to the nearest food synthesizer. Sometimes he saw another member of the crew here at breakfast time, the reclusive systems programmer Flavien, and they’d talk about the game he worked on in his spare time. Flavien wasn’t there and so Lysk decided to go and see how his work was going after the disastrous day yesterday.

The unusual announcement echoed across the whole ship, ā€œThe systems programmer Flavien has been murdered in his sleep, battered to death with his own keyboard. There may be prisoners loose on board the ship. All personnel report to engineering deck 2 immediately.ā€

The crew gathered together, 17 survivors who only had vague recollections of seeing one another years ago when they had boarded the ship. Internal sensors no lifesigns on the entire ship except the 17 in engineering, if there were prisoners loose they must be masquerading as crew!

Current System Status

  • Power Grid Damaged
  • Propulsion Damaged
  • Structural Integrity Field Damaged
  • Deflector Shield Damaged
  • Security Grid Damaged
  • Point Defence Array Damaged
  • Cryogenic Storage Damaged
  • Environmental Control Damaged
  • Medical Bay Critically Damaged. Irreparable failure in 3 days. Critical failure of the medical bay has no other consequences
  • Crew Quarters Damaged

Everyone should have received a role message, please contact me if you have not

Cast your votes for who to lynch for the death of Flavien

Also cast your vote for which system to repair. Every system voted for will be repaired. All players who voted for that system will gain control of it. Controllers will hold a private majority vote for how to use the system

2 Likes

ZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz Noble slowly drifted awake … Definitely not an edit messing with Xamino here.

I think we need to make a list of systems we should prioritise.

At first glance I think the Environmental Control and Security Grid and Power Grid will be perhaps most problematic if they fail.

On another hand letting control of the Cryogenic Storage fall to the psychopaths could be fatal.

We must make sure a large number of players vote for each option at the end of the day to avoid letting control of any system fall easily into the psychopaths’ hands.

Noble staggered off to the crew quarters hoping sleep might help him organise his jumbled and discontinuous memories. Just as he rounded a corner a cold pale face jumped into his mind causing him to stumble backwards in shock, Noble blinked rapidly and it was gone… a single word came to him… Florean… Noble began to shiver, shaking himself he muttered ā€œSomeone best do something about the blasted air conditioning.ā€ Environmental Control

What was Flavien thinking? Still working on his game during a crisis like this?

My thoughts on ship systems.
Damage on the following systems may randomly kill someone:

  • Propulsion, Point Defence Array (Failure to evade/destroy an asteroid?)
  • Crew Quarters (The roof might go off?)

I bet some systems are required for roles to work.

Even though some systems are crucial for everyone, like Environmental Control. I don’t believe we should worry about that. I mean, what are the chances of all of us dying at the same time?

But for now only one thing needs to be taken care of.

Pendrokar goes around the ship nailing all keyboards to the surfaces they lay on.

Who would have thought these things would turn out to be deadly weapons? Surely a keyboard specialist could be the only one capable of such a feat. @cybercritic, what controller are you using? If it is a keyboard, hand it over!

2 Likes

Can I ask for a clarification?
It looks to me that if everyone votes for one system, that system will be guaranteed to be repaired.
Also, since everyone voted for it, the humans would be guaranteed to retain a controlling vote on the use of that system.
Is this correct? If it is, I suggest we pick a system and vote unanimously for it.

Personally, the power grid seems the most important, but for now I’ll go along with Noble and vote for the Environmental Control.

Edit: Fixing the cryogenic systems needs to be a priority as well. Can’t have more psychos waking up.

1 Like

ā€œ14,712… 14,713… 14,714… 14,7[Boom]ā€¦ā€ Everything shook. ā€œErm…14,700… and… 15ā€ That was close, whatever had just happened almost made Chief Steward Sane lose his place in the stock count, which for a ship of this size was a near perpetual task. A moment later another explosion rocked the ship. Sane quickly marked his spot on the count and turned to leave, he needed to find out what was going on. As he reached the exit though a third explosion threw him, and all the ship stores he had been so carefully counting, to the deck. It was a scene of devastation potentially worse than the wrecked parts of the ship, at least in the eyes of Sane. If he lived through this he would have to start his count from scratch!


In the middle of engineering deck 2 a broken keyboard lay on a table, Sane made a mental note to adjust the stock down accordingly before remembering the state of the rest of the ships stores.


Off we go then…

Maybe sort of… If martin wanted to mix things up a bit I’m thinking that the traditional roles of a wolf game might be tied up in the systems. As in the only way to get access to the medic ability would be to repair the medical bay… and then the ability would be used based on votes rather than the whims of a single person. Perhaps I’m wrong though and there is a specific medic role.

Matt the space plumber awoke from cryo storage with a fright, having been dreaming of a Carpathian mountain town he had read a historic novel on before slumbering. It was a town without peace from wolves or vampires, there were even reports of necromancers and the marking of the devil. He had played the role of the slightly less sane well dweller. Not even in dreams could this space plumber escape his occupation.

It does seem like unanimous voting is the best way to keep things from getting out of control of the humans. Im not sure what martin intends each of these systems to do, however. If a wolf grabs the security system and then they can turn on internal turrets or something and instakill everyone… well… game over. Martin said one system chosen randomly would be repaired, that implies that if 10 people vote for one system and 1 for another system, then there’s still a 50/50 chance as to which gets repaired, and then a single person would get control. This is potentially very dangerous. But, we can hope that control of the systems arent so severe and just follow the forced unanimous voting plan, lynching anyone who falls out of line before they do much damage. By the way martin, what happens when everyone in control of a ship system is dead?

Here’s my suggestion to make this easier… we need to decide as a group what system we will repair but we can’t wait too long or risk people getting lynched because they didnt revote fast enough, or something. So my suggestion is that at the mid day point (24 hours) every day, whichever system has the most votes at the time everyone switches to to ensure unanimous voting.

Thoughts? For now i’ll vote for the Power Grid, environment wont do us much good without anything powering it, aye?

ā€œI haven’t used a keyboard in the last 100 years and this guard is accusing me of murder, must I pull out my VRA out of my skull to prove this… keyboard, heheā€ Cybercritic was mumbling while waking up from an emergency cryogenic wake up procedure.

Not sure if you guys noticed that we have a med-bay, the purpose definitely being of healing or even resurrecting the dead. I suggest that we repair that first, it’s critical and gone forever if we let it fall below critical, everything else will be fine until the next vote.

Larc Nagas paced the room unsure of what to make of this mess. He had never been in a situation as dire as this and wasn’t sure what he should do next. Looking at the lights of failed subsystems he noticed cryogenic storage was out! It was must be repaired! We need to keep our propellent chilled if we ever hope to get out of here! That, and who knows what else Cryo was connected to. He never ventured to that side of the ship.

I suspect that the subsystems are the roles and that medic and cryo storage may be important ones. The med-bay is probably the medic and should be repaired asap, and cryo storage reminds me awfully close to some blood sucking monsters. Or, perhaps we can save a dying human in cyro before they lose the last of their blood and get a word from then in the future or heal them fully. I voted for cryo because no one else has yet, but I’m okay with voting for med-bay as well

1 Like

Walking down the hall towards the gathering of people Cise announces
"A murder on my watch? The treasonous wretch who committed this crime will be executed with the utmost haste. These criminals must not be allowed to have free reign of the ship. Anyone who I find lacking in commitment to their duty shall also be executed. It is imperative that we repair the Structural Integrity Field to ensure no more damage is done to the other sub systems.

Well I feel that without the Structural Integrity Field there will be nothing left to repair. This is speculation, but what if the other subsystems accumulate damage faster if we don’t repair the ones holding them together?

Also LyskTrevise because I know he is going to vote for me

[quote]ā€œSooooo, you don’t like my ginger-orange-peach icecream?ā€
Arkenbrien was truly offended. He had spent 15 minutes making that icecream, and TerranAmbassador delivered it back, a single bite eaten.
ā€œONLY THE CLYNICALLY INSANE WOULD REFUSE MY ICECREAM!!!ā€[/quote]

@Skyentist, well, I would go for the Medbay first, just because that’s critically damaged.

1 Like

Hey guys! I should have posted to say Hi yesterday but it just got away from me :dizzy_face: I really had a lot of fun with the last wolf game and I’m pumped for this one! Thanks Enginish for signing me up! I’ll come up with a decent RP today or late tonight, I’m thinking something like EVA specialist or maybe something to do with Orbital Mechanics, idk quite yet. In the mean time I’m gonna vote that we fix the critically damaged Medbay. Also I’m gonna vote for Enginish right now because everyone knows I really wanted to kill him last time :stuck_out_tongue:

[remember to put votes at the end of the post on a separate line]

If (and only if) we can unify our repair efforts then medbay can probably be left alone for the first turn. If medbay = autopsy or resurrection then its only really useful once people are actually dead, whereas other systems might give more immediately useful abilities. Another thought though… I do not want to risk letting anyone attempt a repair alone. If they are successful and just so happen to be a psychopath then they will have complete control over it.

So until further notice I will join NobleBrutus in an attempt to repair the:

Environmental Control

3 Likes

Lysk Trevise was looking over his control panel carefully, his eyes taking in all of the delicate information the screens were displaying with practiced ease. As Technical Director and Lead Engineer aboard the ISS Relatively Fast he had been staring at this same screen, in this same position, and asked the same questions to himself for the years of their travels together.

ā€œFusion reactor output at nominal levels… Cooling temperatures showing all green… Helium levels normal. All systems nominal. End data log session.ā€

He sighed and leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes as he did so. The monotony of his workdays always seemed to dig into him near the end of the day cycle, but he had adapted ancient techniques of self control to bring his mind back up to nominal levels.

He continued to sit in silence with his eyes closed, listening to the quiet humming of the machinery around him, however, a sudden shuddering in the ship caused his eyes to flash open, interrupting his peaceful relaxation. Before he had time to sit fully upright again, a second wave rippled through the ship and knocked him from the chair outright, flinging him back over the chair before he landed face first with a crash, knocking him clean out.

When he woke a few seconds later, klaxons were blaring and the intercom was requesting everyone to report to Engineering Deck 2, where he was now. He scrambled to his feet and looking over the terminal once more, a look of horror crossing his face.

The systems were no longer operating nominally.

I actually agree with Cise’s assessment for once, the structural integrity field seems extremely important for the future of the ISS Relatively Fast, and consequently those aboard (though as lead engineer, this is of secondary concern to Lysk ;P).

This is my take on our current situation, however, and if you are all feeling so inclined to confirm my suspicions please by all means do so. From the conversation, it would seem to me that there are around four of you who seem to be roleless, and your points about the purpose of the systems event is intriguing to say the least.

Actually, my original plan for today was to try something completely radical by petitioning all of you to reveal your roles, so that we could root out the wolves either by double-role claim or through the role-less humans, narrowing our suspects dramatically on day one.

However, the revelations of the conversation so far have lead me to believe that there are in fact no roles at all this game, and instead have been replaced by the ship’s systems, which are up for grabs for either psychopaths or crew members, depending on how they play.

So, that being said, if you are role-less (as I am), please speak up and say so, so that we can be one step closer to confirming or denying my hypothesis.

On completely unrelated topics, Lucas you are a map making god, seriously my friend that is the best one yet. Love it. And also, I am extremely disappointed that no one is roleplaying their vampire character as having lived for thousands of years and somehow ending up on the ISS Relatively Fast >:l

3 Likes

Emperor Topper stumbled out of his quarters swearing loudly at the deafening announcements.
Composing himself, The Emperor looked around for his Royal Guard, Pendrokar, yet he was nowhere to be seen. ā€œWhy didn’t the cowardly bastard fetch me?ā€ he growled at no-one in particular. At this point he realised he had drawn his vibrosword, holding it menacingly above him as if looking for someone to lay into over the disturbance. There was no need for that in a time like this, so he calmly sheathed it and proceeded to Engineering, where the surviving crew members were gathering.

Looking around the deck, he noticed Pendrokar busily hammering nails into perfectly harmless keyboards. He strode over to him and caught the hammer midswing, taking Pendrokar off-guard and disarming him. ā€œS-sorry Your Grace,ā€ Pendrokar cowered, ā€œI-I thought that if we nailed them all down, no-one would be hurt by them again.ā€
ā€œI think our energy would be better spent finding the killer and repairing the ship, yes?ā€ Topper replied calmly. Pendrokar stared at his Emperor, then relaxed his arm, letting it drop out of Topper’s hand, ā€œYes, Your Grace, my apologiesā€

With his errant guard accounted for, Emperor Topper assessed the situation. Whilst the Medbay was clearly critically damaged from all the red lights flashing from every panel referring to it, it seemed prudent to avoid any further damage to the ship, as the Medbay would survive a few more days. A few of the other survivors were like-minded. The Structural Integrity Field seemed like a fairly high priority to repair, as a ship that’s fallen apart is little use to anyone. On the other hand, it’d also make sense to repair the systems that’d prevent us from being hit any further, as it’s likely these will also cause damage, so I’d put the PD Array and the Deflector Shield fairly high up the list. The Medbay probably jointly has the purpose of limited resurrection and post-lynch alignment sniffing like Matt’s role in the last game, so that’s secondary. Power and containment systems are tertiary. Propulsion, CQ, and Environmental Control are bottom priority.
Topper waited for the squabbling to calm down to make his point, though he noticed there was a secondary argument over who to lynch over Flavien’s demise. This seemed ludicrous, though if anyone was to be brought to justice for Flavien’s death, it should be someone who has not made their presence known to the crew yet…

@LyskTrevise - I’m a role-less human, though I agree it’s probable that all humans are, and that the roles have actually been transferred into the systems for this game (which would fulfill martin’s ā€œshaking things upā€ criteria). I’d also like point out that if anyone is less likely to be a wolf this time, it’s someone that was a wolf in the previous game, and it would certainly be irregular, not to mention eventually fairly obvious, if all the same people were wolves again. But obviously I’ll totally understand if you’re initially suspicious of me.

It’s a shame being an Emperor doesn’t grant you magic powers though :frowning:

@martindevans For clarity, my current vote is:

Repair - Structural Integrity Field
Lynch - Krishna (at least until he arrives to defend himself. EDIT: He did, so vote removed)

While I have basically already indicated that I am role-less and the theory is a good one I don’t think enough people have indicated the same yet to make any assumptions. So I am hesitant to ask everyone else to reveal that they are role-less, because if this theory turns out to be false then all we have done is narrow down the list of potential threats to the psychopaths for them to target.

I am actually role less and NOT a wolf this time. Take of that what you will.

I know i’ll catch flak for that wolf joke :smile:

@Topperfalkon not to throw ourselves under the bus here, but, I’ve been a wolf three games in a row before lol

1 Like

This is true, and a risk I am aware of. I think that we are already off to a good start though as far as discussion and information gathering goes, and information in this game is life.

I feel that the benefits outweigh the risks, but obviously if there is someone with a role they should not reply to my post publicly.

EDIT: I have inquired about the possibility to vote for repairs through PM to Martin, and I can confirm that this is indeed not the case. All repair votes must be public, so we can cross that eventuality off the list. Wolves will need to vote publicly, same as everyone else. (Originally I had intended to ninja a facility for myself, as the only human I trust :slight_smile: )

That being said:

Structural Integrity Field.

It looks to me that if everyone votes for one system, that system will be guaranteed to be repaired.
Also, since everyone voted for it, the humans would be guaranteed to retain a controlling vote on the use of that system.

That was the case, and I’ve just quickly retconned those rules to:

Every system voted for will be repaired

So the humans can make a land grab on a load of systems if they like. Or block vote and leave the ship in a dangerously unrepaired state.