The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

I am operating under the assumption that there are four wolves, rather than three. There were four wolves last game with an equal amount of players, and I think that four is a safe number to assume for now, though i dont rule out that both of you could be humans. In fact, I dont rule out that my whole thinking about this game is wrong so far, I have shown that I have been wrong on many occasions in the past this game.

1 Like

I am going to stand my ground for now

Am I also correct in believing that I don’t need to return to cryo since It didn’t suffer any damage?

Just to note. Like LyskTrevise suspected, I believe wolf gang also expect that the Security Grid or another system does that. Since I promised to provide information, they expect me to honor that pledge and kill me afterwards anyway.

Not to the Security Grid team.

No, here’s why:

Security Grid system - Controller of the system is able to monitor a system and deny any attempts at its sabotage during the night… and day.

So the system is similar to the Point Defence Array and something can sabotage systems. But I don’t believe it has happened even once. Day 2 started with two new systems damaged by debris. Day 3 started with three systems damaged by debris. Said by martin himself.

On Night 2 I and Enginish[citation needed] voted the same system during the night from sabotage. But it didn’t matter as it was damaged by debris in the morning. Security report did not mention damage or impact of the debris at all. I don’t know if it means that there is an order in which actions take place.

Still that doesn’t mean that an attempt of sabotage did not occur. Perhaps we can find out.

@martindevans is the damage to the Power Grid, the Point Defence Array and the Medical Bay equal?


@LyskTrevise the way you are describing Xamino, makes me think he’s human too, so don’t expect me to vote for his lynch.

You’re too kind.

As payment. I refuse to cooperate in further planned repairs.

1 Like

Christ lysk, that’s a hell of a comprehensive list for day two. I don’t agree with all of it… but most of it, yeah. The way you’ve acted is pretty human-like as well, not confirmed… but very far from anyone i would lynch…
The info Sane has brought up is causing a lot of interesting discussion too. There’s a few people i’d be happy with lynching today and my list lines up pretty closely with trevise’s.

One thing though, @pendrokar. I don’t believe ā€œWell if i reveal the details of my role the wolves will murder me because it’s too powerful but i guess they wont murder me despite me declaring my role is too powerfulā€ is something i buy as reasonable logic. But im also not sure why, if you were a wolf, you wouldn’t just lie about the role now that you’re the only one left on the system.

notedit: you posted while i was tryping this, hang on

I call shenanigans myself an idiot.

[retracted]

edit: Oh wait… did i misunderstand the wording? Welp… well thats out of the bag.

I didn’t know wolves could damage systems until I got the pm from Pen, so when cosmos asked if wolves could damage systems independently my brain thought he was asking the same question that had only just recently been answered for me. Oh and I also completely missed the part where Pendrokar already revealed that. Go to bed Sane, you are obviously losing it.

Regaining controlled of the systems is a good idea. At least some consistency is held that way:
Repairing Medical Bay

Thanks Lysk for the round up. Still. With that many players I’m lost. Everyone who has been active seem to have at least done something that isn’t 100% explainable.

I hoped that Terran was an easy Wolf kill. Identified by an easy Wolf error. But sadly I was wrong and things are still more convoluted. His Aliment Information will be useful though.

The lack of Krishna definitely is concern and I can understand the votes on him yesterday.
Though I generally refrain from lynching inactives. First, because in the past, most of them were humans, and second, because the GM kill’s them off completely. Although he does indeed answer if called upon …

Even if Lysk disagrees, my biggest suspicions lye maybe on Noble and especially The Sane for now.

Stripping down the post of The Sane I’ve seen they seem to me like explanations to actions motivated outside of those explanations … if you get what I’m talking about. I think other motives are really moving him along.
His attacks on Krishna and Terran also raise suspicion to me.
But admittedly it’s a quite shallow suspicion for now.

I was about to post about more people but found that I ether contradicted myself or had not enough material to base those theories onto.

The wolves will try to use the subsystems. And they’ll find a way I’m sure, and it won’t be obvious but something that has positive side effects for Humans or negative effects on, over a longer period of time, framed targets. I think those first behind the scenes discussions, just for information, could be an indicator what can be gained by looking closely. Because those channels of influence will be used.

As in were they all damaged by the same thing (i.e. debris)? I can’t say.

I would more likely expect for you to call shenanigans on the lack of ā€œdayā€ part. I had missed that part.

I have to go to sleep now (it’s 2.00 here and I have a phone meeting at 10.00 in the morning with a customer). I read through Lysk’s list. It’s a decent summary with most of the relevant events included.

I will try to extract something of value from it tomorrow.

Just to clarify, because I feel like theres a chance I may have offended, I meant that strictly as a compliment, and that you are pretty dang good at the wolf game! So sneaky… Like, I never know what to think about you or Lucas in any of these games, ever, and with good reason!

I don’t expect anyone to listen to me! I am simply putting my thoughts out here for discussion to take place so the wolves can be identified. If you think he is a human, I strongly suggest going back and reading the thread and doing your own analysis and letting me know what you think about his behavior this game relative to other people’s behavior. I fully admit to not being sure about anything this game, and am all ears for suggestions about how to proceed. You won’t object if I put my own suggestions out here will you?

Do you mind elaborating a bit? I think its best if we have all of the discussion out in the open and in detail. What dont you agree with, why?

I hate to be that guy, but it would be great if you elaborated a little bit on your suspicions of both of them. You say Sane appears to have outside motives… Can you point to an example maybe? Some post that caught your eye and explain what you think about it?


EDIT: I’m going to go ahead and pull the trigger on something here to get things moving:
Krishna

1 Like

Man, things are moving fast!

I figured I would say that I was in regular contact with Enginish right up until he died. He had told me everything about Cise’s trade, as well as he told me that @Arkenbrien knew all about cise trading info yet he never spoke up about it. When Cise offered to trade, Enginish asked if Ark would independently verify info on cryo. As to my knowledge, he did nothing to alert anyone to Cise’s rather wolfy behavior. I’m skeptical about Ark, but what he said about Security Grid is inline with what I was told about it. That being said, Cise stands out to me more than Ark at the moment. He seems intent on starting chaos. Not to mention Enginish (mostly joking) told me that above all else ā€œNever trust Cise. Cise is always a wolf. Even when you think he’s a human, hes a wolf.ā€ I can’t entirely ignore advise like that.

You mean lynching the inactive? I stared it this for way too long of a time trying to figure out whats going on with this.

Also, no on has commented whether or not I should be put back on Power Grid.

2 Likes

I’m conscious I’ve made quite a lot of calls regarding this, but I would rather you stayed put. I think it would be better to have groups of players on each system to be constant (allowing for better analysing of actions). I sort of interpret your argument of ā€˜Well if you don’t trust me, put me somewhere else’ as ā€˜I’d like to join a potentially more potent system’ / ā€˜Let me join up with one of my wolf bros to make a majority!’.

That is some major analysis by Trevise, I agree with Krishna and Cise being suspect.

Yes, I messed up not noticing Cosmos’ vote, but what other suspicions do you have?

I tried to sway the vote against Krishna yesterday instead of Terran but didn’t quite succeed. This is not to say it’s not possible that they could both be human, only that I didn’t simply sit back and accept (the confirmed human) Terran’s lynching.

Lastly, are people wanting to randomise allocation of systems to players without home systems to repair?

There’s no winning with you on my subsystem placement, is there? I said plenty of times having me on Power Grid could be useful, yet that seemed unwanted most of yesterday. When I wasn’t supposed to be on power grid y’all were chomping at the bit to kill me in order to keep me off it. Now your suspicious because I’m offering to stay off it? I even said it should have a large staff so it’s as safe as can be. This isn’t me lobbying for a new system, it’s me lobbying to be placed where people will trust me. Power Grid is more than potent for me. There are a lot of fishy things going on here, but my willingness to stay away from where I’m not wanted smells of roses compared to this.

Amazing analysis and notes Lysk. I wish I had the foresight to start that habit…you can be sure I have it now :wink: That’s handy! I also want to thank everyone for bearing with me over the weekend. I now have a large amount of homework to catch up on in addition to keeping up with you crazies on this damned ship.

To begin with, I agree with keeping our destroyed subsystems and vote to repair the Medbay.

Now, what to do with all this information and analysis…I will tell you what I see…I see plots within plots. The shadows within plots!..just kidding I see nothing :frowning:

A lot of drama happened since the day’s beginning. I’m not sure what to take from the Cise, Sane, Ark story. Cise and Sane seem to have it out for each other while Ark is a little silent. I’m inclined to believe the ā€œbusyā€ excuse for the reason that it happens, and it happened to me this weekend as well. Plus I’m a gamer I know how it is to play a game I’ve been waiting too long to. I’d still like a better explanation and reasoning from Ark however.

As far as who to suspect for Cise or Sane, I am not sure. Sane’s immediate info drop to frame Cise is very bold. Including this and the fact he began the bandwagon on TA while cryoing himself seems like a sneaky wolf play. It’s not very clear which way this cookie crumbles which makes me doublethink my decisions… Orh well…(get it? :smiley:)

Having said that, Sane does have good reason to bring up suspicion for Cise. Unfortunately, Enginish is no longer around to confirm the conversations either of those two had with him, and share any other information he had gathered.

I’m also worried about Pendrokar being the lone voter for security. I appreciate that he’s shared what it does, but that doesn’t make me trust him or the information he gave us without anyone else to verify it. If he’s a wolf, then the position he’s currently in is exactly what they’ve been working for and that makes me nervous. Perhaps we should put him in Cyro tonight so he can’t do anything dangerous and hope that RND destroys the subsystem so we can redistribute votes towards it? Of course, we can just lynch him too I suppose. Like others have said, I can’t be certain if he’s a wolf or a human… Thoughts?

I don’t have anything against @the_sane he just falls into my list as well as @Arkenbrien , who was in the same loop as the_sane, lysktrevise, and myself before enginish died.

Sorry for the inactivity, been busy (see mailbox fiasco). I’ll clarify what was going on in the info exchange from my perspective: I hadn’t received anything pertaining to the info trade, including on the cryo thread, until Enginish contacted me about it. Nothing from Cise. Nor from Sane, apparently, whom I just learned was also trying to trade some info. While I was indeed suspicious of Cise at the time because of this, I was more so of Enginish. As it seemed to me, Enginish was trying to get me to ā€˜verify’ info that would have either come from Cise or, as I suspected, just an educated guess. In which case, if I had gone ahead blindly, I might have given the system info away.

Given the choice of two suspicious activities, I decided to play defensively and contact Cise immediately to see whether or not he tried to start this info exchange. Unfortunately, RL stuff happened (see mailbox fiasco), and I wasn’t able to pursue this further. When I finally had time to get on, the day was over. However, I was able to learn that the whole thing was apparently a trap based on the hypothesis that a wolf would trade false info. This would be in exchange ā€œfor making me think it was real and obtaining the information we have decided to hold back,[sic]ā€. As it turns out, Enginish is human. This doesn’t leave a lot of innocent parties around.

If needed, I’ll post the transcript of my interactions with Cise and Enginish.

So, how do you know if that info was true or false, @Cise?

This, coupled with the flat-out betrayal/whatever of the previously made decision to freeze Sane has raised a lot of red flags for me.

We never exchanged any information

Having not the time nor the determination, nor is it my style, I mostly don’t try to guess plots. I rather analyze actions and writing style and then go with my Intuition.
The Sane and Noble have both been very aggressive (well Noble not as much) towards people I don’t suspect. Sure they could be right and I have been wrong in the past many times. But my intuition tells me that are active Wolves … I myself find that hard to stand behind though, that’s why I haven’t voted yet.

I’m not trying to steer the discussion away from the other suspects. Just voicing my thoughts.

Early in the morning + Spell Checker = Not intended Slur … I meant inactives of course.

After reading through the notes one particular individual pops out in my radar based on his actions (not some theoretical plots):

Pendrokar

  • Pendrokar votes for Terran (known human and his own subsystem crew member), claims that he hasn’t been contributing enough, only posting ā€œuseless posts to increase perceived activity.ā€
  • Pendrokar does admit that this will leave Security with only two members, and is a risk.
  • Pendrokar promises to reveal Security Grid powers should he end up alone in his system.
  • Pendrokar conveniently ends up alone in his system as Enginish, his last team member in PG, is killed.
  • Pendrokar does not fully honor his pledge to his team and reveals only half of the PG powers (has not said anything about the desperate measures nor critical failure and we all know every system has those).

Not sure if it’s a good idea to reveal the full PG powers publicly (if we knew 100% that Pendrokar is a wolf then it would be since the whole wolf team would already know). But Pendrokar lied about his intentions to his now dead teammates, stopping them from potentially giving the full information of the power grid to some trusted people before getting killed. To me this all looks awfully like a violent takeover of the power grid and thus I suggest we try to get more crew into the PG as soon as possible since I wouldn’t trust it to Pendrokar’s hands alone.

This sounds all good, but if you were a wolf then we would know who these ā€œtrusted peopleā€ are and this means no human knows the true powers of the PG.

I will not place a vote yet and give Pendrokar a chance to respond to this. But if his response does not convince me I will be placing my vote on Pendrokar.

1 Like

I never said you did. In fact, this raises further suspicion, if you never had any info on the system.

All I was asking was how you would tell if you the info you would have gotten would be true/false, considering your ā€˜plan’ was to see if Enginish was a wolf by making him believe that you believed the info that he would have sent you was false, assuming the info that he would have sent you was false.

From what you told me, your plan hinges on Enginish giving you true or false info. It seems to me that you already had prior knowledge of the system to base your plan off that assumption.


@NobleBrutus If you want to re-allocated the extra players into the undamaged systems/security grid, I suggest we come up with a plan sooner rather than later, to give everybody a chance to get into their systems before the day ends.


Hopefully I’ll time this afternoon, but otherwise I’m going to be quiet until evening.