The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

I can confirm this, through conversation with Cise.

Also, Cise accidentally told me what the Cryostorage bay did in full detail over teamspeak (possibly drunk lol). This is the reason that I asked the Cryo bay to be disabled.

Switching topics: last night, the medbay crew (Mattk50, Lomsor, Skyentist, and myself) dissected TerranAmbass and confirmed that he was in fact a human, unfortunately. I will need to read over the thread to see what we can make of this information, but we thought information would be better than nothing, so we dissected him.

And lastly:
I am repairing the Medical Bay tonight.

Little surprised it didnt go out to everyone, it makes sense considering you can have so many medics this game though. I think everyone should know that last night we dissected Terran and he turned out to be a crew member. the people who were a member of that system can corroborate that, but the system’s been damaged now and we’ve lost control.

Yesterday i said i didnt really get why terran was suspicious enough OR at least, not nearly as strong as the number of other reasons we could have lynched someone for, yesterday. I just spoke to sane, i told him personally i didn’t think a wolf would go after someone with such a weak argument just to start a bandwagon. I also talked to trevise in the medic convo about this and lomsor posted his reasoning on the thread. Cosmos im still suspicious of… but in some sense he was voting defensively, voting on the other person to defend himself.

I was going to post something different about pendrokar but i read his post quoted here and realized he’s also the last person on the security grid due to the enginish’s death:

It makes me doubt his involvement… perhaps the wolves just saw an opportunity, that does seem to be developing into a pattern this game. But, on the other hand, if both cosmos and pendrokar are wolves then we’ve lost complete control of two systems to the wolves already.

@martindevans, its kinda getting hard to follow which systems are damaged and available for repair, the 3 you listed are the newly damaged ones but it doesnt look like you’ve updated the first day post with the complete info.Like, i think we have the crew quarters left? im not sure.

It seems our Point Defense Array wasn’t much of a help last night. I guess the newly acquired Deflector shield will supplement it later, but first we will need to fix the PDA again as it got damaged in the latest bombardment.

Are we going to assign everyone back to their previous positions if they got damaged or what is the plan from now on?

While waiting for a plan I’m going to vote for my previous system too:

Point Defence Array

I forgot to comment on this, so will do so now: The deflector shield indeed reduces the chance of random damage by 50%, however I don’t know if in combination the PDA and shields stack flat for a 100% block rate, or for example, reduce by 50% then reduce that by another 50%, if you follow what I’m saying.

Well… currently I am re-reading the thread. I think the medbay is important for information gathering in the future, and since I was already a member I feel like I sort of belong to the group of it, whether martin says im kicked out or not :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, will post again soon with my thoughts and suspicious, plans, etc. As a preliminary plan though, I think for systems with significant amounts of the group remaining, those players and those players alone should repair that system. For those, like the power grid, with less than ideal population, they should be bolstered by people we think are humans.

I leave this in your thoughts for the next hour or so while I take in all 250ish posts and draw some conclusions…

In response to me offering an exchange of information with Enginish. It would appear that a wolf would HAVE to be anyone who was also in contact with Enginish and KNEW that he had refused my offer. I had offered Enginsh a striaght trade of information. I offered him info on cryo for info on security, however, he declined . This proved to me that he was human because a wolf would easily make up some lie and trick me into giving him the real info on cryo.

so now I know Enginish contacted @arkenbrian, @the_sane and @LyskTrevise about me contacting him about an information trade. Thus one of them must be a wolf attempting to frame me for playing in the shadows. @Arkenbrien 's actions in the cryo thread did seem a bit odd, but not as odd as @the_sane randomly asking to be cryoed for the night almost as if he is trying hard to look human. Then on the jump of the day spills the beans about all of this and subtly points the finger at me.

In response to @LyskTrevise I was perfectly sober when I told you that information. I have only released information that i’ve wanted people to know. You are next on my list because I know you are extremely weary of how Enginish plays the wolf game and it would only make sense that you would eliminate those who you find the most deadly early on AKA what I did to you last game. retracted this statement

I agree with this.

Point Defence Array

As for everyone else I guess a balance has to be found between acquiring even more subsystems and bolstering the existing ones.

@Cise @Krishna Neither of you voted towards the lynching yesterday… why?

Enginish dead? My system? They are after my precious system. They want to take it, why it is of no use to them… but no they still won’t have it. It is mine, all mine… I will not share herzzz(X2: The threat reference). Perhaps I don’t need to share just abandon the secret…

Well now I really fear for my life. Enginish did not make the promise of revealing the function of the Security Grid, which may be the reason wolves chose him instead of me. Also he said he would be more active starting from Night 2… yeah bit too late.

It seems if I break my promise, I will be lynched. But even if I somehow survive, then wolves will kill me believing that what I hold is very powerful.

Not sure what to do. I will PM someone I could trust to reveal the function of my system.

Also regarding my reasoning for voting against Terran. It was not only because of the “useless” post but also what he said about my accusation:

I didn’t vote for King_Cosmos and Krishna, because it seems too obvious move for wolves to make, even before they know what each does. At least I suspect they don’t.

I didn’t really know who to vote or have much information to go off of. I also didn’t really know when the day was going to end.

Well, it’s been a weird couple days, which unfortunately took a lot of my time. The highlight of which was some drunk joy-rider with a snow plow taking out half of my street’s mailboxes. Mine was completely obliterated. Yeah, fixing that was fun. :unamused:


So, since a couple systems weren’t damaged, should we distribute those extra people over to some of the ‘unclaimed’ systems, or just sit tight?

Medical Bay for now…

but i would really like to see a complete list of who has what and what’s unclaimed and everything as right now im totally confused.

That answers my question, though I would hardly say it proved anything (though his death did that fine). It sounds like a bit of a long shot at best, and it was easy to assume that you were trying to be subtle about it.

It wasn’t random. Part of the reason was because I genuinely thought I might be a target, but it was also for science. If I did get attacked then it would provide not one but three trustworthy humans. Which was worth the risk of getting myself trapped.

I made the first vote of the day in an effort to get people talking early as I was anticipating missing the second half of the day. By the time I was back home on Sunday the vote was pretty much decided. The only other people who had picked up votes were Cosmos and Krishna and I wasn’t happy with making a snap decision in an effort to lynch one of them instead.

edit: I assumed you were talking to me because I made the first vote, but rereading I see that statement was in the section to Lysk, and has since been retracted… so… whatever, I guess my point still stands though.

I had updated the first post with the status of every system but I have noticed that Discourse sometimes takes a while to actually show edits. I’ve also updated the post to separately list functional and non-functional systems. Also here’s the complete list:

Functional Systems

  • Propulsion - Arkenbrien, Mattk50, Enginish, Pendrokar
  • Deflector Shield - LyskTrevise, Cise, Skyentist, King_Cosmos
  • Security Grid - TerranAmbass, Enginish, Pendrokar
  • Cryogenic Storage - Cise, The_Sane, Arkenbrien
  • Environmental Control - LucasFIN, Xamino, NobleBrutus, Lomsor, Krishna

Damaged Systems

  • Power Grid - Damaged
  • Structural Integrity Field - Damaged
  • Point Defence Array - Damaged
  • Medical Bay - Damaged
  • Crew Quarters - Damaged
1 Like

I was 100% voting defensively. I even said I had no real suspects at the time and only voted for Terran to save myself.

On the topic of repairing subsystems, I believe it is best for each person to return to their initally assigned subsystem. Although, I would like to use this opportunity to offer to for me to be taken off Power Grid. I got on there by accident and I can stay off it if we agree that’s best. My accident aside, Power Grid is too powerful to be left alone. I believe it needs at least 4 people so if someone gets lynched then there is still a 2/3 majority. I think Krishna will agree with this.

Lastly, I have a few questions, does any subsystem in use thus far besides medic have an alignment scan? Do we suspect any of them do? perhaps crew quarters?
Did Martin say the wolfs can independently sabotage subsystems at night? I feel like I remember reading that but I can’t find it. At this point I can’t even remember if that’s a real thing or if I’m being paranoid. Does anyone suspect foul play at work regarding the damaged subsystems?

Man. That was a lot of reading. I’m going to post my notes in this paste-bin for anyone else to read, I dont want to take up space in thread with it. Its quite long, but much briefer than the thread i assure you, and i hope you find it useful:
Link to Notes


First of all, I want to say this: I think Skyentist, Sane, Matt, Noble, Terran, Topper, Lucas, Cosmos, Cybercritic and Enginish are all humans. Unfortunately, because of the information overload, I have now voted for and lynched two of those people, along with you all… Also, if you guys arent human, then you are playing extremely well, and screw you, you bastards. My reasoning for this is based on their posts and strictly my opinion of how “human-ey” their posts seemed to me.

Also, two of those are now murdered, but only enginish would have been on that list without having been killed. Cyber was too quiet for my tastes, and never really contributed. Makes me wonder why he was killed.


On to my suspects, which obviously is everyone I didnt name:
Cise
Arkenbrien
Pendrokar
Krishna
Xamino

As Enginish did, I am again working under the assumption that there are four wolves this game, as last game, and this fits nicely with my suspects, as I dont think we have killed any wolves yet, and I’m fairly certain that either Pendrokar or Xamino is a human, but I cant decide which it is.

Krishna has simply not contributed anything at all to the game, I mean literally nothing. Not even one post has been constructive to our discussions, and he seems to only respond when pressured, yet is following the game actively. Krishna also voted for both Topper and Cosmos, as a note.

Arkenbrien is hard to nail down in any wolf game because of his behavior, but I have to say he has not really contributed much either. He made a few posts on day one about what to repair, but they raised my suspicions on him more than anything, along with Cise. He then made a really suspicious move when he voted to repair the security grid, saying “I am repairing the security grid with cise”. Ark has claimed he has been busy with Homeworld, similar to Lomsor, but I feel like although Lomsor’s posts arent as detailed, they say far more about him and his thoughts than Ark’s do (I also have talked with Lomsor in the MedBay topic). I feel like Ark’s one semi-human-ey post came at the end of day two, but even then it just speculated about wild theories why Cosmos and Noble both made mistakes, and speculated about xamino as well.

Cise so far today has accused me (a known human to me!) and Sane (who I think is almost certainly a human). Cise has been provoking my suspicions since he posted in response to Topper, surprisingly he wasnt exactly on my radar at the beginning of the game as he usually is due to his analysis of the repair situation, however he has since thrown all that away. If you look back at the posts, the important contributions and ideas to the thread he has made is not very high, although as I said he had one decent post at the beginning of the game talking about structural integrity of the ship. His Popsicle offer at the end of day two was extremely suspicious, and he openly betrayed his group’s planned secrecy behind closed doors. He has tried to extract information from now-confirmed human Enginish at the expense of people I consider humans, and seemingly hasn’t put a lot of thought into the reasons he has given, or perhaps into his actions themselves.

Now for the two harder ones:

Xamino is tough, on the one hand, he has had a fundamental role in our random repair system (possibly compromised if he is a wolf?), but at first openly disagreed with Noble’s plan from the beginning, stating that pairs would be better still, despite discussions earlier in the thread about the very topic, with the conclusion being that pairs would be too easy for wolves to manipulate. The icing on the cake is the failed lynch compensate. If it was on purpose, why? For what gain? Possibly to take attention off of another wolf that might be accused? I am just speculating, it is really confusing, and of course could simply be an accident as claimed. Other than helping with the crypto-wizardry, he hasn’t really done much for the group, and has largely remained out of the conversation except to vote, voting for Krishna on day two and Skyentist on day one. The vote on Krishna I feel like was not really expected to be menacing, as he was the first to vote for Krishna, so if they are both wolves, it may simply be a way to cover up ties between them.

Pendrokar has certainly been more vocal than Xamino, thats for sure, but as others have pointed out his behavior this game is markedly different than his other games. On top of that, we all know he is a sneaky bastard, and that is the truth. Human or wolf, you know right now there is some shenanigans brewing in the security room. Pendrokar was one of the first to speak up about the possible uses of the systems, contributing greatly in that discussion on day one, which leads me to believe that he is of these two the more likely to be a human. On day one he voted for Krishna in order to pressure him to participate a bit, but was quiet for the rest of the day. On day two he started the band wagon on terran, a confirmed human now, after the sane first accused him. Pendrokar’s reasoning was that Terran had not contributed enough to the conversation, and I have to admit that even I (which is why i voted for him) was suspicious of Terran’s lack of contribution to the thread. He also brought up the point that the security grid would be down to two people if Terran was lynched, something a wolf probably would not do (they would rather leave it out of their post and hope no one noticed). I think, for now, that the wolves are trying to frame pendrokar, which is why Enginish was killed.

…Thoughts? Anyone?

9 Likes

Wow! Really appreciate someone doing such an intensive analyses on the past days. I have to admit I have also been pretty confused during this game from the total information overload. I will go through your notes and see if I can get anything out of it. Your level of dedication for the discussion certainly makes you look more and more like a human in my eyes.

While I am a little miffed about it I’ll point out there was never a formal agreement. I posted “I think we should be a little cagey” and no-one responded to say otherwise. This does not however forgive his strange reasoning for offering up information. He was “trying to trick a wolf into trying to trick him into giving up cryo system info”… wat? But at the same time had already freely given that information to you, who for all he knew could have been a wolf.

-Sane comes home drunk, doesnt responds to my message. Bastard.

:smirk:

2 Likes

I only agree on the fact the Enginish was human. What I found odd is that I am gaining suspicion for attempting to confirm that Enginish was indeed human, and that Lysk believes Sane to, within a reasonable doubt, be human.

We can all most certainly agree that Enginish was human. I will dump my chain of thoughts now.

  • I was contacting him both for information and as a test
  • He contacted @LyskTrevise, @Arkenbrien, and @The_Sane
  • @The_Sane requests cryo because he suspects he could be killed due to
    him doing the same thing as me, attempting to trade cryo information
    with someone he didn’t name in the cryo thread
  • Enginish dies
  • @The_Sane quickly info dumps everything on me
  • I garner suspicion for trying to gain information
  • I post my suspicions and accusations
  • @LyskTrevise attacks me
  • both @LyskTrevise and @The_Sane voted for Terran a confirmed human

so @The_Sane who approached you to talk to you about their subsystem?

all of this without a single drop of vodka

2 Likes

You can’t win me over that easily, Dracula!

5 Likes

All right, let’s defend myself:

I have no ties to Krishna at the moment. Why do you assume that either Pendrokar or I am a wolf? Couldn’t we both be humans? To be clear I am asking where the connection between the or is because I don’t see it.

I did not trade. I was freely given information for nothing in return and I had to confirm it wasn’t a lie by going to another person on the same system. Admittedly I added this to my reasoning more to see if it gained either your or Arks interest, and gauge your reactions rather than because it had “put me in danger” (which was still a possibility).

I was paranoid and suspected the both of you. Discussing it in private in the cryo thread would have achieved nothing, but putting it all here needs a bit of extra context.

(Matt is gonna love this) King_Cosmos.
My theory on the misvoting situation made him come looking for support when he was in danger of being lynched. I wasn’t going to jump to his defense though, and by the time I had verified the information he had given me with Krishna he was already out of danger. Given the fact that Ark nearly lynched him I could be fairly certain that there was no link between them, so it made sense to have him relay my initial suspicions of Ark in the event of my death, he then responded with the information on you Cise. Since then I have carefully kept all of my communication with him vague, but if he is a wolf then in the interest of self preservation I thought it best to stay in a position where he could consider me an ally. A wolf (hopefully) wouldn’t murder a potential ally, but I could easily be swayed to lynch him if he did anything wolfy.