The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

Because I don’t believe in coincidence where the Wolf Game is involved.

Had everything gone according to plan, we would have been left with just one person in control of the power: Krishna.

Maybe I’m just being paranoid, like I said, Xamino could have gotten shafted on the timing or something, but this smacks of a plan to either frame Krishna as a wolf or to gain control of system itself.

I can’t justify a vote in any direction right now, but I feel the need to wear a tin-foil hat.

Sorry guys, the day did indeed end before I logged back on. I was an hour late. I didn’t want to say before hand where to go because I was unsure if the votes wouldn’t suddenly switch again after people were suddenly leaving the bandwagon.

My error definitely. Not sure how I am supposed to make up for it but I’m listening to suggestions.

as noted earlier, Cryo is essentially “jailer”. I’m not really sure where to go from here lol.

I’m really scratching my head here on this game.

@Krishna @Enginish @Skyentist @King_Cosmos Get active in the conversation… The more we talk the more the humans stand a chance to win. You guys are looking pretty suspicious to me so far…

I feel like the wolves so far have been laying low and just going along with the human’s plans for now. So like, people like King_Cosmos, and Skyentist or whatever. People who had no input on any plans yesterday i feel like are wolves.

Well this is disappointing. I was hoping there would be more discussion in the first half of the day. I’m going to be staying out after work today and may end up on someones sofa for the night. If I am back in time to catch up on the thread I will likely be drunk / hungover.

As there hasn’t been any system allocation discussed yet I will sit on Environmental Control. Apologies if I am not here to react to questions / requests.

So who is going to generate the next random order of system crews? @NobleBrutus?

Waiting to be assigned on one of these:

  • Crew Quarters: Damaged
  • Deflector Shield: Critically Damaged
  • Environmental Control: Critically Damaged
  • Propulsion: Damaged
  • Structural Integrity Field: Damaged

While waiting to be assigned I will vote for one of the critically damaged ones.

Deflector Shield

.
And I don’t know yet who I’m going to vote to be lynched. It seems there are two “camps” forming today. One camp is suspicious of certain people for deviating form the plan yesterday. The other camp is suspicious of those accusing the before mentioned people. The wolves could very well be on one side of this conversations… or wish that we would think so.

Lets do the same again but with the second word from everyone’s first post. This time everyone will be double checked that they are going to their assigned systems.

We now have 15 players and five systems, by nighttime we’ll have 14 players. I reckon we should go for larger groups this time and perhaps repair three or four systems. Otherwise we’ll end up at least one pair.

Propulsion - Damaged

Structural Integrity Field - Damaged

Deflector Shield - Critical

Environmental Control - Critical

Crew Quarters - Damaged

EDIT:

LyskTrevise - Nominal Systems Announcer - actually
Cise - Chief Political Officer - I
The_Sane - Chief Steward - we
LucasFIN - Chief Cartographer - I
TerranAmbass - Hull Repair Specialist - wanted
Arkenbrien - Kitchen Assistant - I
Mattk50 - does
Xamino - Cryogenic Technician - is
NobleBrutus - think
Enginish - I
Skyentist - Astrophysicist/Navigator - suspect
Pendrokar - Royal Guard - thoughts
Lomsor - Chief Elevator Technician - though
King_Cosmos - guys
Krishna - seriously

So the word of the day is:

actuallydoesguysIIIIisseriouslysuspectthinkthoughthoughtswantedwe

@Xamino Can you SHA this again?

I think Def shield and Environmental control should be included on the three to four systems we repair this time.

Why?

Cos Environmental control just sounds too important to be lost.

And Def shield, as I speculated before, could be the other half of impact prevention (our point defense only reduces the chances by 50%). Although we might want to slip a few asteroids through every now and then to shuffle the crews (can only be done if something is broken) we could occasionally want to keep things totally intact too :slight_smile:

Actually @martindevans I just realised the plan is based on an assumption that each player can control multiple systems at any one time. This is the case isn’t it? So if I were to vote to repair the Environmental Control today would I lose my place on the Point Defense system?

Sure. I haven’t gone back and checked if the words are correct but I’ll trust you:

136baea1d06eb499c5a8122b0ba6cc59050cb0b687d42711707b6f2619a9a180

And the numbers for 14 players can be found here:

5 8 1 4 6 2 7 3 9 10 11 12 14 13

EDIT: I get a different word, correction incomming…

EDIT2: All right, this is the word I get using the same method for the day before:

downEverythingguyshaven’tIIisLomsorNagasseriouslythethinkTopperTrevisewantedwasyou

Which gives us:

3b6cac17b6a14790731e834e50b4e0f53d47d184cccc3236b923d69ca79d3ede

Which in turn gets us here:

9 7 3 11 6 10 13 1 2 8 12 5 14 4

EDIT3: Final edit, I think. Should I be assigned to a system? I can remain role less as proof that I am not tinkering with the randomness. Plus I think the wolves are more than happy to be assigned to roles anyway, hopefully making me seem less suspicious even if I messed up with the assignment yesterday. I’d go with alphabetical order for the components.

1 Like

I did not count quotes or roleplay, which I think counts for the discrepancy between our words?

That was the idea of the lynch compensator… except… can we trust you to do it this time? :stuck_out_tongue:

Uh… sure. I’ll just correct my role vote in a regular fashion to the current lynch lead, on the risk that I might miss a rapid change. But at least I’ll be assigned somewhere then.

That is, if nobody disagrees?

Probably, yes. I did count RP and quotes if they were not quotes of other people’s posts, same as yesterday. I think we should stick to the same method for continuity.

We have one further point to agree on:

I nominate the crew quarters to be left out alongside the structural integrity field. Are people happy with this arrangement?

EDIT: I think we have adequate agreement of active players now.

In that case (Taking Propulsion and Environmental Control to be the most likely offensive systems of interest to the wolves):

Propulsion - Damaged
9. Enginish
7. Mattk50
3. The_Sane
11. Pendrokar
6. Arkenbrien

Deflector Shield - Critical
10. Skyentist
13. King_Cosmos - I’m watching you…
1. LyskTrevise
2. Cise

Environmental Control - Critical
8. NobleBrutus
12. Lomsor
5. TerranAmbass
14. Krishna - Still to vote
4. LucasFIN

Lynch Compensator
Xamino

13/14

@Krishna @Lomsor @TerranAmbass @Pendrokar @Enginish @Skyentist @King_Cosmos

Get to your positions! Or face the wrath of Antamera! Noble glanced about… he wasn’t sure where that had come from, so with everyone staring at him he just walked away towards the Environmental Control leaving them as confused as he was.

Environmental Control

3 Likes

Alright, im going to be repairing Propulsion

We have around 28 hours left before deciding on a lynch. I really don’t like what happened with the power grid, or the point defense system for that matter, but i’m hesitant to lynch anyone on those subsystems and risk a single owner who is a wolf. Xamino also doesnt seem… too wolfy to me… it would make more sense for a wolf to vote for the wrong system than none at all.

Changing to:

Environmental Control

With the death of his Emperor and without the power to save him. Pendrokar started to get sad and depressed… until a click occured in his brain.

“Wait… the emperor is dead. The tyrant is dead! The death of my friends at my homeworld have been avenged. Finally I can shed my false affections for him. The years it took to prove my false loyalty to him. I had not realized how deep I had gone in this deception.”

During the night, Enginish took the lead in restoration of the Security Grid. Pendrokar followed his orders seeing the few great qualities that the… Emperor had. But there was that third guy, Terran Ambassador. His free will made Pendrokar uneasy.
Once the Security Grid was fixed and they understood what it does. All three stepped aside from one another while looking at each other in suspicion. Can this power be trusted in the hands of these three? Pendrokar whispered: “No.”

I sense deceit in the man of few words:
@TerranAmbass

While the suspicion regarding Xamino’s actions where a small part of Enginish and NobleBrutus’s posts, Terran simply posted to increase public suspicion of it without any action or further information. A useless post just to increase perceived activity.

Though I do not know how @Enginish would take my decision. Since, if Terran is lynched, then having two people on the Security Grid allows disabling its use. But if any of us did that, the other would tell the public and get the accused lynched without hope of defending himself. So if Terran gets lynched and Enginish dies for whatever reason, I promise to reveal the function of the Security Grid to the public.

Then again as Enginish said, psychos not knowing the function only makes it slightly more useful.

@The_Sane @Cise, I guess you are being vague about the Cryo because you would be using Martin’s words, which would be breaking the game’s rules. Am I correct to assume that the Cryo(Jailkeeper) is able to protect and disable a players ability to vote at night? That is close to the power of the Guardian Angel. So I assume I am wrong, since revealing that to the public marks all Cryo maintainers as targets for psychos.

Oh and what does this button do?
Propulsion repair

Man. To much to keep up. Want to play Homeworld.

Environmental Control

3 Likes

Sorry for the huge delay, was busy IRL for the evening.

I absolutally guarantee that wasn’t what I was doing yesterday evening.

*uncrosses fingers*

Propulsion

After reading through yesterday’s posts, two things strike me. (It’s still before breakfast/coffee so don’t take this too seriously ;))

1 - King_Cosmos’s deviation from “The Plan”. Sure, everybody’s suspicious about his vote for a system that wasn’t assigned to him.

2 - If my feeble memory serves me, there were several hours between his vote and the end of the day. Furthermore, the ones who made “The Plan” posted after he did. With all the effort they put into “The Plan”, they either didn’t notice the deviation or it was part of some power grab for the power grid, which I’m assuming turns off power to all the other systems. The wolves, if they had the power grid, could then indirectly control/deny the medbay, which is probably the most important system so far.

The whole situation smells fishy to me. Those are my thoughts so far.

I’m not ready to vote yet.

EDIT: You know what, I’m just going to vote for King_Cosmos. I find it hard to believe that the wolves would go through so much effort for such a long shot power-grab.

That’s correct

1 Like

Since Krishna was already in the Power Grid it could be possible that he and King_Cosmos cooperated to gain control of it. Xamino may or may not have been part of this plan but it wouldn’t have made a difference since Krishna and King_Cosmos would have had a majority in Power Grid even if Xamino had met his obligation.

So I’d like to hear @Krishna’s side of the story:

Krishna

1 Like