The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

The Sane was not used to this sort of work. Cleaning, cooking, and counting were his forte, not calibrating cryo pods. But before the night was out, and after several painful cold burns, they had managed to stabilize the temperature in most remaining sections, and had even found a small section of unused pods.

Some trial and error was required to figure out the startup sequence but after another 10 minutes of pressing random buttons they got bored and went to get some sleep. If they ever did need to make use of the empty pods then it probably wouldn’t be fatal.

Cryo Storage = Jailkeeper

The security grids’s function could be slightly more useful if the wolves don’t know what it is. If people need to know though, I’ll spill the beans.

Since Xamino didn’t fulfill his lynch compensator duty, and since Cosmos voted for the wrong subsystem, I figured the wolves would attack either Krishna or Cybercritic to bait one of them for the lynch. I suggest we avoid knee-jerk reactions and consolidate some information about subsystems first.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that, I made a mistake a voted for the wrong subsystem. I screwed up and genuinely thought I was assigned the power grid. I even mentioned in my vote change post that that I thought I was assigned power grid and I wasn’t corrected.

As to the power gird’s primary function, it can disable another system at night by a majority vote.

I’d like to think this could be a boon. Without my mistake only one person would be left on power grid.

This is… curious.

Given that there were several suggested voting allocations I’m less surprised that you made a mistake, and more surprised that NobleBrutus didn’t notice. He was the one that was tallying everyone’s system votes and crossed you off Point Defense Array when you voted Power Grid.

@NobleBrutus , care to comment?

I’m as surprised as you, I guess I just assumed Cosmos knew what he was doing and crossed him off the list because he said he voted the right way without cross checking.

It’s suspicious that he’d make such a mistake, but to be fair he was assigned to the power grid in the second iteration of the plan. I can see why you’d be suspicious of me now, but if I were a wolf letting something so obvious slip past me deliberately so early on would not be likely, I also originally lobbied for increased security (4 players) on the Power generator anyway.

The point defense system can be activated to reduce the chance of damaging debris impacts to the ship’s subsystems by 50%. So it is particularly useful in the long run.

I have to vote King_Cosmos now for deviating from the plan, intentional or otherwise.

EDIT:

No... there should be two? Xamino and Krishna. ANOTHER EDIT: @Xamino why no lynch compensation?

Just to be clear on whats happened here, Krishna is now the sole owner of the power grid?
Is that correct?

I guess it is safe to assume that there will be a close encounter with an asteroid later. I think it is safe to assume that the Deflector Shield will raise the protection rate as well.

I’m busy ATM, I’ll get around to voting in a bit.

No, because King_Cosmos accidentally / on purpose put himself on the Power Grid list instead of Point Defense System without me noticing.

Two deviations on the same group the wolves targetted? Didn’t we say yesterday the power group was probably one of the most important? This is a fuckup if ever i’ve seen one. We spent a billlion posts arguing about whether not not someone could manipulate it through martin’s default order only for this to happen anyway. Noble, your fired.

Since martin didn’t mention the unclaimed systems i will do it here.

  • Propulsion Damaged
  • Structural Integrity Field Damaged
  • Deflector Shield Damaged
  • Environmental Control Damaged
  • Crew Quarters Damaged

5 more, and some are now critical as per the day opening post. I think we should use the same system as yesterday… with less screw ups, hopefully.

Send more people to the Power Grid, if this was subject to wolf manipulation we should increase the human presence there. Additionally a one person top up to the Point Defense system could be useful.

Cant do that. Only people who repaired it can control it. Meaning we have to wait until its damaged to re crew it. As I understand it anyway. At one point someone asked @martindevans what would happen to the system if all the people on it died, I don’t know if this was ever answered.

Does this all look correct then?

EDIT: About the medbay, it is essentially the medic role. We get two dissects before it fails, lets think carefully about when to use them.

Yes.

{Extra characters.}

No, I’m on it as well. I fucked up and voted for the wrong sub system in a mistake. I was assigned power grid in post 127.

But then re assigned to Point defense in 146

It was a genuine mistake, rooted in actual instructions I was given. As I said earlier, this does have the benefit that the power grid now has two people on it instead of the one it would otherwise have. I don’t know if the wolfs chose to kill cybercritic in order to pin blame on me, or if they didn’t notice my wrong vote either and sought to eliminate everyone off the power grid, but I promise that intend to help the crew from what would be an otherwise compromised position.

I dont beleive we can just send people around. the ones who repaired it are the only people who get access to it unless it needs to be repaired again, i think? Thats why this is so critical.

If there was just one person who has misvoted it wouldnt look so suspicious, but two people, and both for the power grid which we were guessing yesterday was most important, plus a wolf attack? If the two people in control are now wolves we probably wont hear the truth about what it does, either. answers, please…

edit: oh, and i forgot to mention we have noble’s group with only two players. Though it looks like his system is a fairly weak one to be in control of… if it was a strong one and they were both wolves i dont think they would tell us, though. This situation is probably the worst possible.

Ah, that is problematic. Naturally me and Lucas’ first response was to activate the point defense system to reduce further damage, but it is possible we could disable it again so that we have more opportunity to shove people around in that case.

1 Like

The first day post will be kept updated with the current controllers of each system and the status of unclaimed/damaged/critically damaged systems.

Then no one would have the control codes and the system would function perfectly without crew interference. You’d have to wait until the system was damaged before regaining control.

I’m also curious about the lack of lynch compensation from Xamino. It’s possible the day ended before he could do anything, but something about it seems a mite iffy to me at the moment.

We can still only decrease/increase the probability of impact by only 50%. The deflector shield might also add to our defences. Could it be the other half of the impact prevention?

To me the scenario that makes the most sense is this:

The wolves saw that Xamino had not filled Topper’s spot, but they also made the same assumption as many(all?) of us did and thought Cosmos had gone to his assigned repair target. Relying on Nobles tally would show Power Grid to be the ā€˜weakest’ system, hence the targeting of cybercritic.

While it could theoretically have been a ploy to gain control of the Power Grid, the wolves should be much more concerned with weakening the humans before making an obvious play for ā€˜power’ like that. (yay bad pun)


I’m more curios as to why someone not voting for a system seems iffy to you. Wolf or human, I can see absolutely no benefit in not controlling a system.

So here, let me kick things off,

TerranAmbass

1 Like