The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

Your doubt on Enginish’s humaness and unfounded conspiracy.

500 posts + PMs is simply too overwhelming for anyone.

Ssh… There are… Wolves listening.

Cosmos’ humanity is far from certain, but the way he’s acted all game, with special regard to the way he talks to me in private, lead me to believe he’s being honest. It’s pretty subjective, but I’d frankly be shocked if he were a wolf.

I picked a name from my ‘not sure if human’ list. It was mostly random. Mostly. The fact is, anyone who I accuse is going to respond with the same kind of indignation, and I’ve got no real evidence that you’re a human. Someone’s gotta take the hit today.
Also Shelley’s Frankenstein is a wonderful book.

I don’t know who’s been spreading these slanderous rumors. That’s a lot of pressure you’re putting on me. :astonished:

Also, just to reiterate: Propulsion is off limits tonight. Important works are afoot.

Hey all, I’ve been around and reading the thread, I’ve just not really know what to say. I realized I’ve only posted once today and I wanted to just kinda check in once more before I head out. Busy day.

I’m really glad Enginish stepped in and said something for me. In case it’s not been made excessively clear, Enginish and I talk IRL about the wolf game a lot. He would know better than anyone else that I’m telling the truth about everything. I swear I’m human and I don’t intend to let the human cause down.

Obviously the biggest reason for me to check in is that Enginish has switched to Skyentist, so I will too.

Hope you feel better man. I know how that goes. It blows.

No one quite seemed to know how to react to Enginish, the obvious marks where his pale grey skin had been stitched back together by nanomachines was a little off putting to most of the crew. Enginish didn’t let their reaction put him off though, he jumped up on a table and shouted out “I have had a relevation from beyond the grave, everything is known to me now!” A few sceptical looks were exchanged between the crew, had the process made him mad? "The psychopaths are… NO ONE! Seriously, it was all a series of unfortunate accidents. And so we should lynch NobleBrutus! Mumbles of agreement were exchanged around the room; this was the kind of rock solid logic they could get behind.

Just as the crew was closing in on NobleBrutus Enginish jumped up on the table again and stopped them, “I’m receiving another message from beyond. NobleBrutus is obviously not a psychopath, it is imperative that we lynch the astronavigator!” He span around and pointed an accusing finger at Skyentist. A few mumbles of agreement were exchanged, but most of the crew looked upset at no longer being able to kill NobleBrutus… In fact, Pendrokar was very upset, he wouldn’t have this. It would be NobleBrutus or nothing! He knocked Enginish off the table and grabbed a vial of medical nanites from his belt as he fell. With a smooth motion he span around and threw the vial at NobleBrutus.

Noble looked down at the grey goo splattered over his shirt and sleeves, “was that meant to hurt?”. He scratched at an itch on his chest while he waited for an answer, Pendrokar just grinned. Damn this itch just wouldn’t go away! Noble scratched harder and a half his shirt came away in his hand, covered in this damn goo. He wiped his other hand over his over his bare chest to get the goo off but it didn’t seem to help, now he had goo everywhere and his hands were itching like crazy! He looked up and saw the rest of the crew stepping back looking terrified, “Come on guys, someone help me get this goddamn goo off, this isn’t funny”. He wiped his hands on his trousers which seemed to get most of the goo off, although there was a bit of weird red goo mixed in there too… as he watched the red disappeared and turned grey. Suddenly he realised what was happening, he looked down at his hands and gave them a shake; several fingers fell off, trailing lines pale grey lines of goo behind them. It didn’t hurt, of course they were medical nanites, whatever else they did they neutralised pain signals while they did it.

The crew scrambled out of the room, Noble had been standing near the door and so they climbed into a maintenance hatch at the back of the room. Noble cried out for help as he fell to the floor, his legs now composed of jelly like goo which couldn’t hold his weight, but it was no use they had abandoned him to his fate. Unable to do anything Noble watch his body dissolve; it was a strange sensation, there was no pain just the damn itching…

It Is Now Nighttime
NobleBrutus has been lynched
The night will be 24 hours, starting from when this post was created

8 Likes

As the rest of the crew left and Noble sank to the floor his mind at last began to clear… Aurelius his name … no, his adopted name from last century…, ‘wait, what? Last century?’ Then the millenia began to role back through his mind… his time on Europa with his wife Caline… the outer colony Ernest where he’d farmed algae… his time fighting the rebels… his career as an astronaut being the first man to leave the solar system… being Supreme Prime Minister of the Scottish Empire… a gangster in New York… shooting JFK… ‘woops that hadn’t gone down well…’ and, finally, he remembered Eliseni… and of the terrible fate of the town… Noble screamed in anguish for though it had been a good life he somehow could not accept this was the end. As the nanites dissolved his voicebox and the sound died in his mouth whispers began to echo through his ears and he fell into unconsciousness… ‘he watches… Antamera watches…’

2 Likes

The crew was on edge all night, something just didn’t see right on the ship. A few of the crew repairing the medical bay caught suspicious looks and evil grins being flashed between other crewmembers. No more than an hour into the night the propulsion cut out for a few seconds, throwing everyone up into the air, and then smashed everyone back into the floor. ‘Well’, though a few of the crew, ‘at least that’s over for tonight, what more can happen?’.

After spending half the night scraping deactivated medical nanites from the walls of the medbay, being extra careful not to trigger any runaway grey goo events, the medbay crew went to other systems to carry out their duties there. Down in the cryogenic storage system repairs were still ongoing, with just two of them repairing the system The_Sane and NobleBrutus were making very slow progress. NobleBrutus walked over to The_Sane and was just about to ask a technical question when alarms started sounding and blue lights flashed, it took them both a second to realise that was the emergency decompression alarm! They ran for the exit but it was too late; the pressure doors had already slammed shut. A distant whistling rapidly crescendoed into a howling roar and the wind ripped them both away from their handholds. They flew through the air, breaking bones as they smashed into pipes before being ejected into the vast stillness of space.

The crew in the power grid were chatting about how best to route power around a faulty plasma relay when half the ship status board lit up red. Safety interlocks had cut power to the cryo system after it had been force decompressed! And it didn’t stop there, relays across the entire engineering deck were blinking out one by one deactivating the structural integrity fields reinforcing the hull on the entire deck! That couldn’t possibly be an accident, someone had to be deliberately sabotaging the system for that to happen. Just as the crew of the power grid ran for the exits the hull defence guns opened fire, blasting away at the side of the ship and tearing giant holes in the engineering deck. Anyone who didn’t die in the initial volley of fire was thrown out into space by the decompression of the entire deck.

There was no need for subtlety any more. The four psychopaths closed in on the crew quarters where Enginish, who had been woken by multiple decompression alarms, was desperately trying to get into a pressure suit. Enginish turned around when he hear the door slide open, “Thank God, I wondered there were any other survivors…” he trailed off as he saw the array of improvised weapons in their hands.

Psychopaths win

  • Everyone in the power grid was killed by a combination of the point defence guns and the structural integrity fields
  • Everyone in cryogenic storage was killed by the environmental control
  • Enginish was murdered by the psychopaths
  • Lomsor is still trapped in cryogenic storage!

Congratulations to the Psychopath team!

  • LucasFIN
  • Arkenbrien
  • Mattk50
  • Skyentist

For those interested, the game status sheet is here. You should all be able to view and comment on it.

7 Likes

well at least I guessed Ark :stuck_out_tongue:

that was a fun game

3 Likes

here is the link to our quicktopic where we schemed and plotted, for your entertainment:

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/q93BpQwPtgt

We used a quicktopic because the forum includes your latest PM in “last post” timer on your profile. It is easy to figure out the wolves if you look at that, i realized it at the start of this game and quickly moved us over.

4 Likes

double post!!!

Well played everyone! I cannot begin to explain the anxiety I’ve felt the last 2 real days over all of this working.

2 Likes

I blame everyone except myself.

Brilliantly played wolves.

2 Likes

that game was crazy.

1 Like

I am sorry. It must be done. I declare exterminatus.

3 Likes

That 5 human kill though(technically lomsor is just an icicle). Is that a record?

Just to clarify exactly what we did to everyone because its pretty complicated and a decent piece of planning:

Yesterday, we had lucas and ark stealthily change their repair votes from the cryo bay to the med bay. Lucas also voted for noble without anyong noticing. normally these kind of tactics are bad strategy because the next day it becomes obvious and then you die, but for a game ender it’s perfect.

Then, we used the EC desperate action on the cryo bay to kill sane, the lone repairer, lomsor was also perma trapped as a result. We used the PDA to shoot at the power grid, the only threat to our plan, and also exploited the fact that enginish left the propulsion vote to 3 of us to also get some extra insurance by blocking the power grid actions with propulsion.

Then, since power grid was taking damage, we used the structural integrity grid to weaken the power grid and make it so that the PDA would kill everyone in it. I pretended to notice lucas’s plan halfway through the night and ensure cosmos and pendrokar were both voting in order to ensure they were both working on the power grid over night.

And finally we normal killed enginish.

3 Likes

I blame you. That last day we knew Noble was less likely to be connected to a wolf group, so I wanted to probe Lucas, but you went to poke Noble anyway and it was a total landslide onto him.

2 Likes

Enjoy the quick topic! I hope you can feel the suspense we had when we ninja edited our votes out of the Med Bay we were about to destroy and ninja edited one more vote for @NobleBrutus :slight_smile:

Martin was late from ending the day and our deception was out there in the open for everyone to see. So we just waited, minute after excruciating minute, for the day to end.

2 Likes

I also just want to say that I’m very happy the game ended today. Tomorrow night, I leave for a 10 day trip to Australia so it’s pretty nice timing we were able to finish everyone off when we did. If I had been lynched yestergameday, I wouldn’t have minded. The wolves just would have had to finish it off without me. Glad I could stick around to the ending though!

The anxiety over the last day was unreal though. If I had been lynched instead of noble yesterday, Lucas could not have pulled out the EC shenanigans :smiley:

2 Likes

Wolves be like:


BOO-yAH!
Great game, everybody!


:blush:

3 Likes

Oh, and a shout out to @martindevans!!!

#Great job! Kudos! Brownie points! :smiley:

4 Likes

I also blame everyone but myself! I told y’all I was human! I feel like I was fighting neck and neck for lynch votes everyday!

GG wolfs, you done good. I think I was least suspicious of Matt.

Martin, excellent game! I look forward to the next!

4 Likes

not getting crew quarters day one kinda doomed us I think.