The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

I don’t think we ever had a game as difficult as this. No one stands out in suspicion.

I genuinely believe King_Cosmos day one mistake was exactly that, a mistake. Since NobleBrutus changed the order with previous voters suspecting that they had done what they should have on day one.

Medical Bay

Skyentist, he tried to kill me… twice. With understandable reasons, but somehow was the only one that acted upon those reasons.

Some advice to everyone:
Form an opinion. Pick a theory. Run with it. See where it leads. Evaluate.

Here, like this…

I’m biased, but from my perspective this reads as “I want this petty argument to continue for no good reason”. That argument (and Cise in general) had huge potential as a smoke screen for the wolves regardless of whether Cise was a human or a wolf. Allowing others to do all the real talking is often in a wolfs best interest as forming your own “theories” is a lot harder when you already know who all the bad guys are.

I think there is a fair chance you are not a human,

LucasFIN.

I honestly don’t see this. Perhaps it is just your personal experience for being targeted by him.

There is no question that we should rally behind Enginish now that he has returned as a confirmed human. But I don’t think it’s a bad thing to point out that there might have been better uses for the med bay last night (no offense to Enginish, but I really would have liked to see Cise dissected).

Since I trust Noble more than I trust most of the people alive now, I’m placing my vote again on King Cosmos.

Noble Brutus

Actually what I meant with that was that I have had to base my reasoning on the somewhat confusing and limited information of the public thread as I haven’t had any meaningful contact to anyone else than Noble and maybe Lomsor (both in my subsystems). You and Cise had clearly picked the subsystems where stuff was happening (at least judging from the heated conversations quoted from those systems) so you are having a lot more to work from and thus you are in a position to be much more active and useful than I have been.

Not that @The_Sane’s post is exactly detail rich either but im getting tired of seeing these empty counter-votes this game. It’s pretty lazy and doesnt generate any discussion or argument or anything. (this post excluded)

Noble, from the start of this game you’ve been vital to the organization of our repair groups… however, hiding in plain sight on the first day there were at least two mistakes you just “didnt notice”. THese mistakes left two groups with only two people, pretty much the worst case scenerio. At the start of the game, we pretty much all thought the power and security grids were the most important. Security obviously having the name leading to something vital to have against the wolves and power controlling other systems. Perhaps they didn’t turn out how you expected and you have not got an opportunity to use it… that does not change the possible motive.

For the most part, i feel like you’ve been in a strange position this entire game. You are not the only one i find suspicious, and if you are a wolf there are a few others i would also lynch in sequence… cough cosmos cough lucas cough

Last night, in the med bay, lomsor reacted very strangely when i posted a general warning not to try to to last minute vote change the resurrection, claiming bad treatment. Explaining those oddities is worth it’s own post, but suffice to say you’ve made the same argument in your day opening post, with the same concerns about the resurrection (though lomsor never actually voiced the initial objections he claimed he did, curiously). I suspect lomsor for those reasons, but i also suspect you for coming up with the same idea… how much have you been communicating with him, and through what channels?

NobleBrutus

Ask for clarifications. Ask for more detail. Make contact of your own accord with someone you think might work out to be an ally, or with someone you think might be an enemy to see if they will try and make you an ally.

With my track record from the previous game of actively probing for alliances I decided to give this honor to others this time. :slight_smile:

Perhaps a mistake, but my strategy was to prove my worth in the subsystems as they would form natural “alliances”. However this strategy only gained me a handful of trusted contacts as our random system of assigning crews didn’t give me the opportunity to join the more eventful subsystems where I might have been more useful.

I gave Enginish all the information I had from my subsystems so hopefully it will help.

Also this. When I first called out Cise I did not vote for him, I wanted to see what he had to say. His immediate reflex was to vote for for me, but putting a counter vote on him would have added unneeded stress to the discussion.

Reflex voting should be a last resort.

Don’t know if this is targetted at me but my ‘counter vote’ was a joke on the way The_Sane cast his vote (why I matched him almost word for word). As I said underneath the vote:

No. There was one mistake I didn’t notice but should have - Cosmos’ misvote. The other mistake on the day was Xamino’s failure to lynch compensate which was solely Xamino’s call (he’d agreed to do it, and was waiting till the last minute to do it for obvious reasons - it was not like I could call him out on forgetting it then until the day had already ended).

I am not used to taking a lead role in wolf games… forgive me if I don’t act with the experience of some players who are used to it.

I have communicated with Lomsor only through the EC system channel, and all he revealed about the med bay last night was that it wouldn’t be generating more info. Since Enginish’s resurrection was revealed though Lomsor’s been stuck in cryo so I’ve not talked to him about the resurrection yet.

That one was fine by me… but in general any other counter voting is tiresome.

So you each developed the same theory separately?

First off I have no idea what Lomsor has or has not said about a possible Enginish resurrection.

But regardless it’s not much of a theory… just a statement I’d have rather had a dissection of Cise, and that the resurrection mechanism is much more prone to corruption than in previous games.

Not much of a theory? seen side by side…

The harsh words he’s referring to don’t really exist, nor does his original objection. (he references a post in the thread, which in turns references another post supposedly in a medbay thread which was closed at the time so i have no idea what objection he’s actually talking about. )

Like, he goes on and on about “the amount of harsh words” and “poor treatment” when, here i will quote my post in it’s entirety.

the “amount of harsh words” was 6, i guess. It reminded me of what happened with cise the other night. And furthermore that statement was directed to both lomsor and sky. neither of whom had voted at that point yet, not him in particular (if they both voted something else it could have blocked our actions for the night). Being this defensive, maybe he did have a plan of some sort, or maybe he just wanted to try to turn suspicion around… Either way, very odd.

Still paying attention here. On my phone though, so a post will need to wait.
Quick spoilers though: I don’t have any irrefutable evidence.
Gimme ~3 hours, kinda busy.

If I am right with yestergameday’s speculation, then this does not surprise me because the both of you would be wolves…Which is exactly why I tried to have you lynched. :smile: Especially when you were in control of power grid alone, and we had no way of verifying what it did. You’ll notice I did not continue to vote for you once it was destroyed because you no longer had that power.

I switched to Cosmos, because while I suspect the both of you, Cosmos has more evidence of shifty behavior(The day 1 “mistake”) and had a more compelling case at the time, and still does.

Done that, and I’m continuing to trust my gut. This vote is based off of my speculations of the previous day. I have not thought much about Lysk’s so I will be back later to analyze further. Until then, I’ve got a test to work on. Be back in the future.

King Cosmos

Vote Tallys

Repairs!:
Medbay(3): Matt, Sky, Cosmos

Cyro(4): Lucas, Ark, Noble, Sane

Lynches!:
NobleBrutus(2): Cosmos, Matt

Skyentist(1): Pendrokar

LucasFIN(1): Sane

King Cosmos(2): Lucas, Sky

I really hope I tallied the votes correctly this time around :stuck_out_tongue: Please correct me if I miscounted again although I’ve triple checked…

I’m too sick and tired to think through all this…

Well, based off the interactions between Noble and Lomsor, I’m fairly suspicious of them both. It seems like a lot of noise for a, IMO, an unlikely/impracticable scenario from Noble, and a lot of sore feelings for no apparent reason from Lomsor. I wasn’t part of the conversation, but judging from what I’ve heard, I would put Lomsor on the top of my suspect list because of this and his uncertainty for rezing Enginish. I’m not sure what to think of Noble’s minor objections.

However, as I have theorized early game, I mentioned the same thing that Matt posted: Noble, for all his plans, didn’t notify/catch Cosmos’s fairly obvious ‘mistake’. A power grab? Maybe. It didn’t seem like it at the time, because it was too obvious. Furthermore, it was explained away: A mistake from Cosmos, an oversight by Noble.

My gut says that Noble is the more suspicious of the two. I’m probably going to change my mind later, but that’s all I have for tonight.

So, a couple of things. First, it’s of critical importance that no-one interferes with the propulsion system tonight. There are reasons for this. Reasons… I’ll not be sharing.

Also, private correspondences have led me to believe that of the remaining players, no one is a wolf. Seriously. Good job being totally camouflaged, wolves.

First, info: Cosmos seems like a straight arrow. Because (reasons) I think he’s human. Long private discussions with loads of circumstantial evidence back this up. I think pursuing him would be a mistake.

Concerning those who tried to raise questions as to whether I should have been revived (Noble and Lomsor), I’m extremely suspicious of you. Revival is, to my knowledge, the only way a player can get confirmed as a human in this game. It should be obvious that is the better choice when compared to dissecting Cise.
Not only does my revival delay the wolves another day, but it enables information stockpiling and hopefully valuable insights while I’m alive. Cise’s dissection would have proved little, even if he were human his assessments could easily have been wrong.

I must assume that since the deflector shields and the point defense array were active last night, the attack on Cryo was an act of sabotage. This was done (probably) to them from protecting me, and possibly to trap Lomsor, though I feel like the latter was accidental.

I do have to make a choice though. I have to go with Lysk’s suggestion, which is backed up by my own impressions and some scant evidence.
Nothing personal NobleBrutus.

1 Like

Told ya.

Another way is to look for links between players. Wolfs will rarely talk to each other publicly or in group PMs. Also rarely mention each other publicly unless as an attempt to sway votes away from a wolf. Though I have done the same for King_Cosmos. Thankfully a proven human like Enginish has done the same too.

It is in his eyes

NobleBrutus

So that’s likely just today then. Do tell me some of these ‘valuable insights’ we have received… seems like to me you just said:

Perhaps if we had more info (like a Cise dissection) we could make an educated guess - or at least narrow the scope.

I’ve been over this… I only pointed out you are not as irrefutably trustworthy as resurrected players usually are. (Much more open to wolf influence). (So actually the only way to get a confirmed human is to resurrect a dissected human).
.

.

vs once again your undeniable assessment of the situation which has proved oh so much:

.
As for the whole Lomsor thing we both pointed out the same flaws at two separate times in two separate places and both seem to have come under unreasonable attack for it.

EDIT:

You mean the one to lynch me because of this?

Irrefutable, I’m a wolf through and through.

Current Votes

(newest to oldest) (8/10 cast)

NobleBrutus: 5
King_Cosmos: 2
LucasFIN: 1

I like to make jokes sometimes. I don’t actually have nothing to work on, just nothing I’d like to share. There are plots in motion. Secret plots.

The wolves killing one of their own, just to have them placed in a possible position of trust upon their possible revival, is such a shockingly bad idea that I won’t even entertain its possibility. The wolves simply would not play so riskily, even if they were able to. Invoke the Razor here.

Martin’s morning RP confirmed that the shields were up.

Also, just to be clear, I was accusing you based on your trying to cast doubt on my humanity with a flawed argument.

All that being said, I’m not against voting for someone else. Everyone, with 3,4, or 5 exceptions, is a viable target.
In fact, evidence was brought to my attention that suggests with a reasonable probability that you’re human. So, Skyentist.