The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

I also just want to say that I’m very happy the game ended today. Tomorrow night, I leave for a 10 day trip to Australia so it’s pretty nice timing we were able to finish everyone off when we did. If I had been lynched yestergameday, I wouldn’t have minded. The wolves just would have had to finish it off without me. Glad I could stick around to the ending though!

The anxiety over the last day was unreal though. If I had been lynched instead of noble yesterday, Lucas could not have pulled out the EC shenanigans :smiley:

2 Likes

Wolves be like:


BOO-yAH!
Great game, everybody!


:blush:

3 Likes

Oh, and a shout out to @martindevans!!!

#Great job! Kudos! Brownie points! :smiley:

4 Likes

I also blame everyone but myself! I told y’all I was human! I feel like I was fighting neck and neck for lynch votes everyday!

GG wolfs, you done good. I think I was least suspicious of Matt.

Martin, excellent game! I look forward to the next!

4 Likes

not getting crew quarters day one kinda doomed us I think.

Speaking of this, the game design this time around was really interesting and fun. The subsystems make it so role-less humans arent so bored all the time, any human can make themselves an interesting game just by their actions.

I think theres a few ways this type of game could be improved. First of all, i think repair votes should be at night and unknown to other players, to prevent the necessity of that RNG system we used to distribute players early on. Then the only people who know whos in control of a system would be the other people whom voted for the same thing.

Also some of the systems could use clarifications/balance passes. Like, if two systems tried to nullify each other what would happen exactly etc etc.

2 Likes

Nobody thought it would be the seer system until the day before we finally voted for it, we thought seer-like would be the security grid honestly.

Yeah, I’d agree. I was always curious about the order of operations in complex chains of sub system effects.

yea I didnt think it was going to be of any use either

I feel like trevise and sane are gonna fuckin hate me when they realize im a wolf. Oh well.

Again, sane, trevise, and now also enginish are going to hate me.

lol’d. For real, man, like good job. I mean, all of you really, but seriously all of you played really well I just had no idea at all who the wolves were the whole time, and I dont think any of the crew did either.

Although, I want to quote one more thing, to kind of highlight how I feel about this game:

4 Likes

I worked my arse off making the most out of it, the report that gets generated can be so incredibly useless unless taking extreme care choosing a target. Specifically targeting Noble was the best option but the problem with some of these systems, Crew Quarters included, was that having a single wolf in the group entirely nullified it. And I had to ask for far too many clarifications.


MVP: Mattk50
I called out Lucas easily enough at the end, Skyentist never showed anything to cause me to trust him, Ark I was forced to work with to enact my plans but wasn’t ever entirely sure about… Matt though, massive dedication to appearing human, constantly chatting in Steam sharing theories, and to top it off that last bit where he pointed out Lucas being a wolf made me certain he was human. Only saw my mistake when he and Ark commandeered SIF from me, 5 minutes from daybreak.

7 Likes

QFT 10char

2 Likes

Without a doubt!

Tips on how to genuinely or ungenuinely gain that trust in the future? :wink:

This was my second wolf game ever, and being chosen to be a wolf twice in a row has been quite the ride. I feel like I improved a lot over the first game, because looking back I was pretty obvious by just staying in the shadows and not doing much in game 1.

In this game I felt I did a better job of appearing to contribute, although I’m not sure which direction to take. It’s difficult because I still have yet to play as a human, so I’m not sure what you crazy normal people are looking for!

The trick is to completely forget that you are a wolf during the day, and act entirely like you would as a human. That means analyzing players, working with others, and above all contributing to discussions. All of these things will gain you trust and build confidence in other players that you are indeed who you are pretending to be. You can see in you QT that there was a lot of discussion about “if I were a human, how would I act in this scenario?” and thats pretty much all there is to it. I think you played really well, so congrats!

My normal human strategy to use lots of reasoning in long posts, so i did the same as a wolf. If you strip out the emotional attachment to being a wolf, just consider the best strategy for a human who has limited information and roll with that while making subtle unnoticeable nudges easily explained away but will push in your favor. For example, i had cosmos and krishna under suspicion for a long time, i didnt try to lynch them right away but any slip ups i pointed out using that as evidence for them being a wolf, this put them under closer scrutiny from the rest of the players, this resulted in a lynch on krishna and cosmos being on his toes the whole game. And i pointed out fewer slip ups from the actual wolves.

but something tells me that’s not going to work anymore after this game… im going to get lynched day one for the next few games i know it. Oh well. Psychos win.

4 Likes

Agreeing with above sentiment.
If this kind of architecture is going to be repeated (and I have no problem with that!) I think some good changes would be:
-Remove dice throws. I don’t like being smited by RNGesus.
-Streamline role mechanisms, like crew quarters. Was a bit too complicated.
-Prevent Matt from being a wolf.
-Possibly provide some insight as to the uses of the roles when the game begins.

Other than that, great game. This game brought out the best in almost every player, I feel like, and was satisfyingly convoluted.

Not even mad, I’m impressed.

Also, Skyentist, as Lysk says, the trick is convincing yourself you’re a human. Don’t be afraid of accusing other wolves. Provide genuine analysis. Do what a smart and dedicated human would do. Also… If you know anyone outside of the forum it can be surprisingly easy to trick them. :grin:

And Sane, just to be super clear I don’t blame any of the humans for our defeat. Wolves were simply too sneaky. They deserved to win.

4 Likes

So… When is the next one so I can lynch matt?

How about we take a break from wolf and get a triton game going! Similar diplomacy, more spaceships(Although ISS Relatively Fast treated us well)…and wait awhile since I won’t be around for 2 weeks so don’t start anything until then :wink:

Edit: Thanks for the tips. I tried to my best to do something along those lines. The hardest line for me to walk was to accuse fellow wolves without giving legitimate reasons and having people listen to me. I know at one point when Ark was being quiet Homeworlding I had to bring him up in my anaylsis for the day.

2 Likes

I don’t know Triton. Pitch it to us?