First thing, I don’t know why I didn’t connect what you said to what I was asking. In the flood of stuff, I must have missed this. My mistake. However, I did have to ask this 2-3 times before you posted this.
It’s lunch time, so I’ll get to giving a fuller reply soon.
First of all lets equalize the repair: Structural Integrity Field.
Cises general weirdness was verry anoying yesterday and filled most of the discussion today. He did defend him well but this discussion only has stirred a back and forth that I don’t see to be that useful at all.
I agree with Skyentist when it comes to that. I really don’t feel like jumping this. But on the other hand it is really hard to see anything else. This is a really big game with a lot of great players. My usual tactic sadly doesn’t work here as it seems.
At least I see a group of players I can trust more then others due to their behaviour. Their arguments have been found and they didn’t shy away from clearing up even the smallest of discrepancies. Essential doing the opposite of what I look for when trying to identify wolves.
My Number 1 suspicion lies in Pendrokar tough. It’s to late now to convince anyone to move his vote and the two targets have been established but I’ll go into it a little anyway.
Starting at today he mostly elaborated on what happened to his subsystem. Leaving a snappy comment on Xaminos death. Wondering publicly how and what the damage to his systems could mean, but not jumping to any conclusions. Something I find rather strange. Then at first resist voting on Cise. But later on does so nevertheless, not pointing out what really made him change his mind in the above discussion but pointing out other things.
I’d like to hear the thoughts of the others on my suspicion. Doesn’t have to be today though.
But to help todays endeavour there are two targets I can choose to reinforce. Ether Cise or King_Comsos. This tells me that most probably one of both must be a wolf. To save myself some nerves I’m going to base my decision on voting patterns. It seems I’m the only one doing that … strange. We should have enough data on that already. Though we also don’t have any confirmation … so a two bladed sword, true.
Day1:
First day vote.
I did the same.
Day2:
Has been targeted on that day too.
Day3:
Day4:
Self preserving vote …
Counter vote.
I may have missed some.
The plethora of things going on is unbelievable. In those past four days things happened that can’t be unseen. And both Cosmos and Cise have been in the middle of it the whole time, a lot of times duking it out in public against each other. And today it climaxes.
I go on and vote on King Cosmos. I think his role as a Wolf made him reach new heights in playing this well. I myself can’t believe it. It lean like 50.01% towards him and not Cise …
Well, it’s nice you think I’m playing well, but I’ve been on the back foot since day 2. I’m so busy putting out fires that I’m not entirely sure who the wolfs really are. I promise you killing me is only a waste of a lynching. Some of my fights with Cise have actually been concerted efforts with other players in an effort to get him to talk. Others are because I’ve been trying to protect myself. Either way, I’ve been trying my hardest to find and kill a wolf in order to protect myself. I wish that translated with you guys more.
Also I’m on mobile so I’m having some formatting issues. Normally I would tag or quote reply, but I can’t. Thank you very much for the kind words Lucas. She’s doing alright. I shouldn’t have mentioned the hospital. It sounds far too dramatic, when no one knows what’s going on yet. Like I said, even though you guys suspect me, it’s nice to know its real people out there.
Well finally you picked someone other than The_Sane, though might trust in him could be my downfall, it has happened before when a player does something that I believe a wolf wouldn’t.
I am sorry for your loss, but should I know him?
That is truth, I can’t see through him. The primary objective is to survive. Cise was willing to kill himself through a lynch to be proved human. Not sure if that implied he would survive afterwards. Then again it might have been a wolf plot to exhaust med bay uses with the process would failing. I am on the edge.
The fight between Cise and King_Cosmos is so close, that I fear picking either. So the alternative:
It was Cise shouted The_Sane as soon as the body of Xamino was discovered hanging from the lift. “I was chatting to some of the guys in the medbay and the cryo systems last night”, he continued, “and Cise… did some stuff! It was very suspicious stuff”. That convinced most of the crew immediately; that was pretty suspicious. And to be honest, who would miss the chief political officer? He was always emailing these annoying election pamphlets to the crew.
As the anger started to build the chief political officer stood up on a table and made a speech about loyalty to the federation and how other people were much more suspicious than him. A few people nodded in agreement and pointed out that no one really knew what King_Cosmos did on the ship, but it wasn’t enough.
The_Sane kicked the table out from underneath Cise. As the political officer fell The_Sane grabbed the nearest tool, a bolt driver used for hull repairs, and drove a 6 inch bolt through the politicians arm. Cise screamed in shock and pulled himself away from the bolt, leaving a chunk of his arm behind. Cise backed away and glanced back nervously, behind him the hundreds of meters drop down a cooling shaft. He begged the crew to see sense as they advanced, but there was no stopping them.
Cise hung from the side of the bridge, battered and bleeding from the assault of the crew. King_Cosmos was about to stamp on his hands and send him plunging to his death and then seemed to think better of it, with an evil grin he took the bolt driver off The_Sane and drove a bolt through Cises’ hand. The politican screamed as he hung above the drop into pitch black, the bolt slowly tearing through his hand. As the crew boarded the lift to go about their repair jobs they heard the distant screams abruptly get much quieter and then stop.
It Is Now Nighttime Cise has been lynched The night will be 24 hours, starting from when this post was created
The crew sleep comfortably again; confident that this time they’re completely safe from impact with the shields and the defence guns in action. Not only that, now they have proper beds to sleep in now that the crew quarters have finally been repaired. However, halfway through the night the entire ship lurches, artificial gravity disappearing as the mighty engines cut out for a few seconds. Shouts can be heard around the crew quarters as people wake up. A few seconds later the gravity cuts back in and everyone falls back to the ground with audible thuds.
The crew gather in the newly repaired structural integrity system, probably the safest place near to the crew quarters. Engineering status screens didn’t seem to show any fuel flow problems, the most unusual thing that had happened last night seemed to be two impacts on the deflector shields, pretty mundane. Suddenly an explosion rocked the ship, something had managed to penetrate the deflector shields and had smashed into the cryogenic systems, disabling them! A few members of the cryogenics crew looked a little guilty as they explained that Lomsor was in cryogenic storage and would be trapped there until the system was repaired.
The lift doors opened with a ding, announcing the medical team arriving in the room. LyskTrevise and Mattk50 were grinning and laughing maniacally as they stood apart and presented Enginish, alive and well! Skyentist explained that they had overloaded the nanite injection systems, damaging the medical bay in the process, and resurrected Enginish from the dead!
As the clock on the wall ticked over 7am, a time when the structural integrity control room would usually be abandoned, screen turned orange to indicate the system was no longer running on automatic - some kind of program had been loaded into the system days before and had taken control! The room began to rattle as the field projection coils began doing… whatever they had been programmed to do. Sensors indicated an artificial micro singularity being formed in the crew quarters! It was moving down the ship, homing in on the control room. Within seconds the tiny distortion ripped through the wall, eating a ragged circle out of the solid steel, it seemed to be homing in on LyskTrevise who was still laughing loudly and celebrating his amazing medical achievements. LyskTrevise turned around just as the micro singularity dug into his arm, a sickening crunching noise filled the room as his entire arm seemed to shrink into a single point. He looked down, too shocked to even scream, as the singularity continued down his body as if searching for something, pulling away the skin to expose his organs. With a sudden motion the tiny spacetime distortion zipped right through LyskTrevise’s heart and then disappeared with a pop, spraying hot blood across the entire crew. The rattling the field coils returned to it’s usual background quiet hum. LyskTrevise collapsed to the floor and breathed his last words, “Structural Integrity… Field… nominal”.
It Is Now Daytime
LyskTrevise has been murdered Enginish has been resurrected Lomsor has been trapped in cryogenic storage The medbay has been damaged Cryogenic storage has been damaged
It appears I can’t be killed.
Time to bow to your immortal Vampire-King, everyone.
And by bow, I of course mean give me all the info you can.
In particular, I would like to have everyone’s voting actions for last night, IE, what action did you vote for in your subsystem?
What does your subsystem do?
More coming later. But first, I hunger for blood info.
Noble crashed into the structural integrity suite muttering furiously about the damage to the Environmental Control, but just as he was about to shout about it he saw Enginish… once again the pale, fanged face hurtled from some depths of his memory - this time reinforced by the crudely put back together features of Enginish’s face causing Noble to leap back in shock and flee from the room - locking himself in the point defence array.
I question whether this was the best time to perform a resurrection - I mean it’s great that we’ve got a human back but the information we could have gained from a dissection of cise would have been more use… now we’ve just got another nearly baseless lynch and another night kill before we get anymore solid information.
@Arkenbrien You seem to be the link between the attack on the Environmental Control and the Cryo of Lomsor. Assuming this damage to the Cryo bay is random (seems to be) you must have thought Lomsor to be a likely wolf target, why?
I’m not going to say don’t trust Enginish (he’s still more likely trustworthy than anyone else), but do remember that the med bay has been seen by multiple people one of whom could easily be a wolf. If there was a target for resurrection the wolves would know Enginish to be the obvious choice - it would be a risky move sure, but sacrificing Enginish in the knowledge they could persuade the med bay to bring him back would be a clever plan. Despite this, he’s the best we’ve got so…
Nope… That would be me. Lomsor hit my suspect list a while ago and I wanted to be a little proactive with cryo. He did actually make a fairly compelling post at the end of the day so I considered going for a different cryo target but given the unpredictable death of Xamino I thought it best to stick with Lomsor. If he was a wolf we would prevent him from getting onto a new system, and if he was a human then he might have been as likely a murder target as any of us.
The shutdown of EC was based on Lysks fear that we hadn’t yet killed a wolf. I was less concerned but I considered the possibility. If this is the case then its getting close to the point that wolves might be able to make a power play and win the game. In order to do this they would need to make a multi kill overnight and given that EC is the only system with the stated possibility of killing players I suggested that EC be shut down as a precaution.
edit: also why do you say the damage to cryo was random? afaik both PDA and deflector were up and running last night. Is that not 100% coverage?
Unfortunately, I’m sick with a cold/flu, and I’m going to bed. I probably won’t be able to get on again until tomorrow (RL) afternoon. Maybe sooner, depends on when class ends.
@Enginish : @The_Sane should have most if not all the info that I have about the systems. I’ll leave it to him to get it to you, unless he doesn’t get it to you before I check back in. In which case I’ll do the honors. I’ll probably send it to you anyways, but don’t expect it from me until then.
I say it is random since Martin gave an example of what the rp for using the point defense array would be like and made a big deal out of how it might not say explicitly that the PDA caused the damage but that it would be “strongly implied”. (Clearly I can’t actually quote martin himself because of the rules, but LucasFIN can back me up on this). I think it is very reasonable to assume that this would hold true for the deflector or any other system (like how propulsion was obviously responsible for the EC attack last night.) There was no obvious system I seen blamed in the cryo damage rp.
The PDA was definitely active last night, I can’t speak for the deflector shield. I don’t think @martindevans ever confirmed whether any % defence against debris would sum (50% + 50% = 100%) or act separately (50% of 50% = 25%).
Sabotage has not been well defined (unless a wolf would like to come forward and do that for us?.. no?) but it is a known ‘thing’. The revival attempt of Enginish was fairly widely known so assuming ‘Sabotage’ is a wolf action that damages a system the reason for cryo going down is obvious. Without it we cant protect our only confirmed human tonight.
I can understand sabotage in terms of a bomb, or whacking all the screens with a fire extinguisher, or a computer hack/reset but piercing the deflector shields? That’s very serious business if the psychopaths are able to coordinate that much power. Still, your point is solid, it is extremely convenient timing for the cryo to get damaged.
Anyhow, I’ll be heading over to Cryogenic Storage to rescue my system buddy Lomsor.