![]()
I refuse to abandon my post. Medical Bay
Someone should probably rescue lomsor, though.
Iāll also go to Med bay.
Going to sleep and making my lynch vote decision tomorrow.
Medical Bay
It appears I canāt be killed.
Time to bow to your immortal Vampire-King, everyone.
And by bow, I of course mean give me all the info you can.
In particular, I would like to have everyoneās voting actions for last night, IE, what action did you vote for in your subsystem?
What does your subsystem do?
More coming later. But first, I hunger for blood info.
Noble crashed into the structural integrity suite muttering furiously about the damage to the Environmental Control, but just as he was about to shout about it he saw Enginish⦠once again the pale, fanged face hurtled from some depths of his memory - this time reinforced by the crudely put back together features of Enginishās face causing Noble to leap back in shock and flee from the room - locking himself in the point defence array.
I question whether this was the best time to perform a resurrection - I mean itās great that weāve got a human back but the information we could have gained from a dissection of cise would have been more use⦠now weāve just got another nearly baseless lynch and another night kill before we get anymore solid information.
@Arkenbrien You seem to be the link between the attack on the Environmental Control and the Cryo of Lomsor. Assuming this damage to the Cryo bay is random (seems to be) you must have thought Lomsor to be a likely wolf target, why?
Iām not going to say donāt trust Enginish (heās still more likely trustworthy than anyone else), but do remember that the med bay has been seen by multiple people one of whom could easily be a wolf. If there was a target for resurrection the wolves would know Enginish to be the obvious choice - it would be a risky move sure, but sacrificing Enginish in the knowledge they could persuade the med bay to bring him back would be a clever plan. Despite this, heās the best weāve got soā¦
Nope⦠That would be me. Lomsor hit my suspect list a while ago and I wanted to be a little proactive with cryo. He did actually make a fairly compelling post at the end of the day so I considered going for a different cryo target but given the unpredictable death of Xamino I thought it best to stick with Lomsor. If he was a wolf we would prevent him from getting onto a new system, and if he was a human then he might have been as likely a murder target as any of us.
The shutdown of EC was based on Lysks fear that we hadnāt yet killed a wolf. I was less concerned but I considered the possibility. If this is the case then its getting close to the point that wolves might be able to make a power play and win the game. In order to do this they would need to make a multi kill overnight and given that EC is the only system with the stated possibility of killing players I suggested that EC be shut down as a precaution.
edit: also why do you say the damage to cryo was random? afaik both PDA and deflector were up and running last night. Is that not 100% coverage?
As quoted from trevise, who gave his thoughts on the subject in the medbay thread before being killedā¦
I really doubt weād be in a better position if weād done something else today.
⦠Well this is going to be an interesting day.
Unfortunately, Iām sick with a cold/flu, and Iām going to bed. I probably wonāt be able to get on again until tomorrow (RL) afternoon. Maybe sooner, depends on when class ends.
@Enginish : @The_Sane should have most if not all the info that I have about the systems. Iāll leave it to him to get it to you, unless he doesnāt get it to you before I check back in. In which case Iāll do the honors. Iāll probably send it to you anyways, but donāt expect it from me until then.
Medbay
I really need to crash right now.
I say it is random since Martin gave an example of what the rp for using the point defense array would be like and made a big deal out of how it might not say explicitly that the PDA caused the damage but that it would be āstrongly impliedā. (Clearly I canāt actually quote martin himself because of the rules, but LucasFIN can back me up on this). I think it is very reasonable to assume that this would hold true for the deflector or any other system (like how propulsion was obviously responsible for the EC attack last night.) There was no obvious system I seen blamed in the cryo damage rp.
The PDA was definitely active last night, I canāt speak for the deflector shield. I donāt think @martindevans ever confirmed whether any % defence against debris would sum (50% + 50% = 100%) or act separately (50% of 50% = 25%).
Sabotage has not been well defined (unless a wolf would like to come forward and do that for us?.. no?) but it is a known āthingā. The revival attempt of Enginish was fairly widely known so assuming āSabotageā is a wolf action that damages a system the reason for cryo going down is obvious. Without it we cant protect our only confirmed human tonight.
I can understand sabotage in terms of a bomb, or whacking all the screens with a fire extinguisher, or a computer hack/reset but piercing the deflector shields? Thatās very serious business if the psychopaths are able to coordinate that much power. Still, your point is solid, it is extremely convenient timing for the cryo to get damaged.
Anyhow, Iāll be heading over to Cryogenic Storage to rescue my system buddy Lomsor.
Long day here, and I predict an even longer day on this damn ship.
Welcome back Enginish!
Along with Matt, I refuse to leave where I began this humble nightmare so, Repair The Medbay
I will say that Lysk, Cosmos, and I all voted to raise the shields last night. Cosmos can confirm this since Lysk and Cise are unfortunately deceased.
Iāve got to get some homework done, thatās all for now!
Observation.
There are 9 players left, with one being trapped. Lomsor is unable to vote or say anything.
If from the beginning there were 4 wolves. Then we have either lynched at least one wolf or have it trapped.
Otherwise the game would have already ended.
Scratch that, Martin still shows Enginish as dead in the first post.
I confirm. And PDA has been up and running all the time we have been in control of it. And if the same is true for DS then it would seem to me that the protection is not 100% after all.
Refilling my spot on
Cryogenic Storage
Too much backroom chatter not enough arguing in the open. I think we should kill Enginish⦠He is obviously a wolf.
Therefore I vote for King_Cosmos because of reasons.
No wait, I changed my mind. I vote for NobleBrutus because of better reasons.
NobleBrutus
Hereās a system status report:
Propulsion - Active
Arkenbrien
Mattk50
Pendrokar
Deflector Shield - Active
Skyentist
King_Cosmos
Crew Quarters - Active
The_Sane
Arkenbrien
Point Defence Array - Active
NobleBrutus
LucasFIN
Environmental Control - Active
LucasFIN
NobleBrutus
Lomsor
Power Grid - Active
King_Cosmos
Pendrokar
Structural Integrity Field - Active (Non-Random)
> Lomsor[Cryoād]
Arkenbrien
Mattk50
NobleBrutus
The_Sane
Security Grid - Active (Non-Random)
Pendrokar
King_Cosmos
Skyentist
LucasFIN
Medical Bay - Damaged
mattk50
Lomsor
Skyentist
Cryogenic Storage - Damaged
The_Sane
Arkenbrien
I will wait for whatever is Enginishās plan because of reasons.
No wait, I changed my mind. I vote for The_Sane because of better reasons.
The_Sane
.
.
[In all seriousness though, lets just await what Enginish has to say.]
Weāve used up half the day. My science last night turned up zilch, and we are wasting time. If Enginish decides on something then sure lets all go with that. Until then lets over analyze each other.
For starters, Iām glad to see Enginish is back. He was the only player I ever had full trust in during this particularly maddening wolf game.
Iām a bit intrigued by Lomsorās cryo incarceration. That could potentially take a human out of play for the wolfs without actually having to kill him. Iāve not been to certain where I stand about Lomsor. Iāve thought at times heās acted rather human, but occasionally Iām perplexed by him. At the moment I am inclined to think he is human. I worry his current situation could be a crafty wolf ploy, but Iām just trying to be thorough in my examination of the situation rather than assigning blame to anyone. Since it is The_Saneās Plan I am willing to give it some slack, but I would feel remiss if I didnāt voice these thoughts now.
For once, in what feels like ages, Iām not directly fighting for my life. That means itās time to jump right back in to the fray and jump start todayās lynching. Yesterday, were it not for Ciseās efforts to kill me I would have voted for Noble. He was first on my radar when he voted for me on day one even though he crossed me off his own list. Initially I was willing to write it off to a degree, I fucked up so itās not unreasonable he could have too. Now, however, I think he let it slip through to give the wolfs an easy day target in me. But I donāt want to dwell on day one issues. Whenever Iāve spoken to Noble itās seemed erratic, like heās looking for any reason to kill anyone. For example, when I offered to stay off power grid he tried to use that against me as much as me being on it. Now heās made an effort to cast suspicion on a play that ended up bringing a confirmed human back to life. Right now I will be voting for NobleBrutus
At the moment, MedBay seems rather understaffed, so Iāll head over there.
Of course I am⦠wouldnāt it be a thousand times more suspicious if it was:
heās looking for a reason to kill [enter player here]
I gave a reasoned argument that everyone should return to their systems, I would have found it suspicious if you insisted on moving. It was not the fact you were on it that was suspicious, it was how you got there, and once I realised what had happened I have not actively pursued you over it - after all:
Finally:
I voiced doubts over itās timing and pointed out that a player resurrected in this game is more likely to be questionable than usual. However I did say explicitly that I think itās a (albeit fairly small) chance we have to take.