The Wolf Game - ISS Relatively Fast - Psychopaths Win!

I suppose I didn’t actually make this explicit, sorry about that :anguished:

You must be alive at the end of the game to win

After all this is a game about survival! You’re taking down the wolves/psychopaths to survive - if you die then you have failed in that goal.

Last game was a bit weird around the end condition because the vampires could convert everyone to the vampire team (even against their will) and so every person (except one, which would have taken several days to determine) could win. That’s why the ending of last game was a little ambiguous. This game will (hopefully) be much more clear cut!

Ah man, every game someone mentions next game and that gets me thinking about what I can do for the next one. No rest for the wicked :laughing:

4 Likes

In that case, I’m In, I’ll RP as a red fire-mage/priest, and TA did it.

10 replies is much more manageable than yesterday…

In lieu of the growing bandwagon which I do not wish to associate myself with, I have decided not to hop on and vote for Topper. Either way it seems like he’s a goner so my vote at this point is meaningless.

I vote for Pendrokar for his 180 swing from being quite vocal last game to what seems to be laying low this game.

For you rule sticklers:

Pendrokar

im in too! I’ll rp a catfish!

wouldn’t it be funny to have a role that required all of your public postings to be in complete jibberish for some cool power/affect. if you chose not to talk in jibberish you lost your power that day/night. hint hint @martindevans

1 Like

I see, that makes sense.

Ah well.

The remains of the crew finally discussed the repair schedule. They argued back and forth about which systems were most critical and which crewmembers had the necessary expertise to repair each system. Eventually they settled upon a carefully balanced and well thought out schedule: a lottery. After everyone had been assigned a system they released that the day was getting late and soon the ship would automatically transition into it’s nighttime mode, not a good time to be hanging around psychopaths!

Emperor Topperfalkon stepped forwards and declared, “Despite your complete lack of suspicion towards me and my questionable diplomatic mission to uninhabited space I would like to reassure you all that I am most definitely not a prisoner masquerading as a passenger!”. That settled it for the crew, he had to go! Mattk50 and cybercritic grabbed the emperor by the arms and threw him into the nearest escape pod.

Alone in a 5m escape pod Topperfalkon stared out of the small window at a blindingly bright star receding into the distance. Eventually the tumbling of the pod rotated the ship out of view and Topperfalkon was left absolutely isolated - no other humans except those that had condemned him to starve to death, or would he freeze first? He looked at his ornately decorated vibroblade and wondered if he should settle the question of how he would die right now…

It Is Now Nighttime

Topperfalkon has been lynched
The night will be 24 hours, starting from when this post was created

4 Likes

A software engineer, a loner and a musician. Cybercritic, King_Cosmos and Krishna stood in the midst of the engineering section all looking a little lost. Huge pipes covered in ice twisted overhead, a vast drop full stretched into the darkness below and the entire space was filled with a deep rumbling sound which did not give the impression of correctly functioning machinery. After a short discussion about how to properly proceed with fixing up the power system they decided that splitting up would be the fastest way to get the work done; cybercritic would inspect the fusion reactors, King_Cosmos would check the deuterium flow valves and Krishna would check the main power lines and replace any broken power nodes.

Krishna was crawling through a tiny maintenance shaft, pressed up against the main power feed, when he heard the fusion reactor startup sequence. If power began to flow along this line whilst Krishna was still here he’d be electrocuted! He scrambled backwards to the corridor and dropped to safety. He began marching towards the reactor to ask cybercritic what the hell he was doing.

Krishna and King_Cosmos arrived at the reactor at the same time, both looking very angry. Under the deep rumble of the reactor fuel pumps and the humming of the magnetic containment field there was an irregular banging coming from inside the reactor itself - that did not sound safe! They ran over to the reactor control panel and began the shutdown sequence, all the while wondering just where the hell cybercritic was - what kind of idiot started up a fusion reactor and then didn’t hang around to see if the reactor was functioning properly?

After a brief search around the reactor hall they found cybercritic. Around the entry hatch in the side of the reactor there were signs of a struggle; a splash of blood on the wall and a bloodied wrench dropped on the floor. Once they opened the hatch they discovered the burned and broken body of cybercritic - crushed by the overpowering magnetic fields and burned by the startup lasers of the fusion reaction.

Just as the crew was gathering in the engineering control room the entire ship shook once… and again! Klaxons rang out and the lights flickered and dimmed to a dull red glow. The system status board on the wall of the control room indicated two more debris hits on the Deflector shield and the environmental control system.

It Is Now Day 2

Cybercritic has been murdered by the psychopaths
The day will be 48 hours, starting from when this post was created

Deflector Shield Critically Damaged - Failure In 3 Days
Environmental Control Critically Damaged - Failure In 3 Days

2 Likes

Yeah I am vocal when there are a bunch on votes on me. If you meant the first and second day, then me being vocal there was what lead to my ~lynching.

And true I was active when some decided to have Topper lynched, but there would be no gain in having my vote on the bandwagon. Unless he was a psycho, in which case all non-voters will be on the lynch list.

Oh shit that hurt, cybercritic thought as he was waking up inside the fusion reactor. His thoughts not yet free from the cryogenic sleep he had woken up from a few hours earlier. First night and the psychopaths have decided to kill him, maybe that was a gentle compliment, he thought as the start-up sequence was initiating. As the magnetic field strengthened and the plasma was beginning to form, as he started to feel the pain, he hoped that there was a chamber on this cursed ship that could reverse the damage that is about to be done to his body.

The Sane was not used to this sort of work. Cleaning, cooking, and counting were his forte, not calibrating cryo pods. But before the night was out, and after several painful cold burns, they had managed to stabilize the temperature in most remaining sections, and had even found a small section of unused pods.

Some trial and error was required to figure out the startup sequence but after another 10 minutes of pressing random buttons they got bored and went to get some sleep. If they ever did need to make use of the empty pods then it probably wouldn’t be fatal.

Cryo Storage = Jailkeeper

The security grids’s function could be slightly more useful if the wolves don’t know what it is. If people need to know though, I’ll spill the beans.

Since Xamino didn’t fulfill his lynch compensator duty, and since Cosmos voted for the wrong subsystem, I figured the wolves would attack either Krishna or Cybercritic to bait one of them for the lynch. I suggest we avoid knee-jerk reactions and consolidate some information about subsystems first.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that, I made a mistake a voted for the wrong subsystem. I screwed up and genuinely thought I was assigned the power grid. I even mentioned in my vote change post that that I thought I was assigned power grid and I wasn’t corrected.

As to the power gird’s primary function, it can disable another system at night by a majority vote.

I’d like to think this could be a boon. Without my mistake only one person would be left on power grid.

This is… curious.

Given that there were several suggested voting allocations I’m less surprised that you made a mistake, and more surprised that NobleBrutus didn’t notice. He was the one that was tallying everyone’s system votes and crossed you off Point Defense Array when you voted Power Grid.

@NobleBrutus , care to comment?

I’m as surprised as you, I guess I just assumed Cosmos knew what he was doing and crossed him off the list because he said he voted the right way without cross checking.

It’s suspicious that he’d make such a mistake, but to be fair he was assigned to the power grid in the second iteration of the plan. I can see why you’d be suspicious of me now, but if I were a wolf letting something so obvious slip past me deliberately so early on would not be likely, I also originally lobbied for increased security (4 players) on the Power generator anyway.

The point defense system can be activated to reduce the chance of damaging debris impacts to the ship’s subsystems by 50%. So it is particularly useful in the long run.

I have to vote King_Cosmos now for deviating from the plan, intentional or otherwise.

EDIT:

No... there should be two? Xamino and Krishna. ANOTHER EDIT: @Xamino why no lynch compensation?

Just to be clear on whats happened here, Krishna is now the sole owner of the power grid?
Is that correct?

I guess it is safe to assume that there will be a close encounter with an asteroid later. I think it is safe to assume that the Deflector Shield will raise the protection rate as well.

I’m busy ATM, I’ll get around to voting in a bit.

No, because King_Cosmos accidentally / on purpose put himself on the Power Grid list instead of Point Defense System without me noticing.

Two deviations on the same group the wolves targetted? Didn’t we say yesterday the power group was probably one of the most important? This is a fuckup if ever i’ve seen one. We spent a billlion posts arguing about whether not not someone could manipulate it through martin’s default order only for this to happen anyway. Noble, your fired.

Since martin didn’t mention the unclaimed systems i will do it here.

  • Propulsion Damaged
  • Structural Integrity Field Damaged
  • Deflector Shield Damaged
  • Environmental Control Damaged
  • Crew Quarters Damaged

5 more, and some are now critical as per the day opening post. I think we should use the same system as yesterday… with less screw ups, hopefully.

Send more people to the Power Grid, if this was subject to wolf manipulation we should increase the human presence there. Additionally a one person top up to the Point Defense system could be useful.

Cant do that. Only people who repaired it can control it. Meaning we have to wait until its damaged to re crew it. As I understand it anyway. At one point someone asked @martindevans what would happen to the system if all the people on it died, I don’t know if this was ever answered.